Windows 10: Tutorial problem add remove sign out to W10 start/power menu

Discus and support Tutorial problem add remove sign out to W10 start/power menu in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Tutorial at Add or Remove Sign out Option in Windows 10 says there are two ways to do it: 2 for add and 2 for remove. Some time ago, I removed it and I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by WacoJohn, Oct 17, 2020.

1. WacoJohn Win User

Tutorial problem add remove sign out to W10 start/power menu

Tutorial at Add or Remove Sign out Option in Windows 10 says there are two ways to do it: 2 for add and 2 for remove. Some time ago, I removed it and I am now trying to add it back in. Neither options work. I don't remember HOW I removed it either.

So:
    method 1. Merge this .reg file:

Code:
    Doesn't work.

Method 2:

Edit Group Policy which I cannot quote here but it is in the tutorial link.

This does not work either.

C:\WINDOWS\system32>ver
    Microsoft Windows (10-64 PRO) [Version 10.0.19041.572]

Any help is appreciated in advance.

:)

WacoJohn, Oct 17, 2020
  2. wzor Win User

Removing Power and All Apps in Start Menu

Im sorry, but neither Power nor All Apps buttons can be hidden. All I want, is to make them appear only when pressing the hamburger menu, just as in the older builds. Thanks.

3. Removing Power and All Apps in Start Menu

Settings > Personalization > Start > Choose ......

Tutorial problem add remove sign out to W10 start/power menu [​IMG]

Tutorial: Start List - Add or Remove Folders in Windows 10

Slartybart, Oct 17, 2020
  4. Tutorial problem add remove sign out to W10 start/power menu

Add or Remove Items for All Apps in Start menu in Windows 10  

Hi, @Brink:

My caffeine titer is low, so I must be missing some blatant, basic step to add a shortcut to my account's All Apps list in the Start menu (Option1).
    The new process both for creating shortcuts and for adding/removing items to the Win10 start menu has me flummoxed.
    Your tutorials are always "topnotch", so this must be a cockpit error on my part.

>I would like to follow the suggestion on page 1 of the wushowhide.diagcab tutorial to add a shortcut in All Apps for my account.

I have d/l the wushowhide.diagcab and saved it to my downloads folder.
    I have done Step 1 on Page 1 of THIS tutorial to navigate to the Start Menu Programs folder.
    But HOW do I actually complete Step 3 to create a shortcut and then add it to the Start Menu "All Apps"??

I think I need to first somehow create a shortcut for the .cab file and then add it to All Apps in the start menu???

Please advise.

Thanks!
    MM

P.S. I have been postponing the probably inevitable installation of Class Shell.
    I would rather not have to install a 3rd-party program to be able to perform basic Windows tasks.
    But this new workflow in Win10 for a basic functionality might force me to do it.
    Sigh.

MoxieMomma, Oct 17, 2020
Thema:

Tutorial problem add remove sign out to W10 start/power menu

1. Tutorial problem add remove sign out to W10 start/power menu - Similar Threads - Tutorial problem add

2. Sign-Out Missing from Start Menu Power Options.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Sign-Out Missing from Start Menu Power Options.: Good afternoon, I always use the Alt + F4 for my Power Options . . . [img] However, the Sign-Outoption is missing from the Start Menu - Power Options . . . [img] . . . BUT, it is shown in the Win + X Power Menu . . . [img] I have searched but I can NOT seem to...
  3. W10 Menu's content : Start > Power

W10 Menu's content : Start > Power: Hi there, On one of the computers server we are so annoyed because we always got the "Update and shutdown" appearing. I looked on the web and besides using CMD or disabling WUpd service...nothing worth it. The thing is, we don't want to disable anything but then I went...
  4. Problem in the start menu on W10

Problem in the start menu on W10: Hello everyone, I have Windows 10 PRO updated to may update and subsequent patches. In the last few days, an annoying problem is happening to me. When I turn on the PC and enter into Windows, the start menu is not selectable (in the sense that I click on the windows icon...
  5. Remove a corrupt tile from the W10 start menu

in Windows 10 Support
    Remove a corrupt tile from the W10 start menu: A tile corrupted on the Start menu, and is not responsive to activation. The tile context menu only lists tile sizes and nothing else. I ran sfc /scannow and the system files are all OK. Cleared the IconCache.db as well as the Explorer, in the locations listed below and...
  6. Removing Power and All Apps in Start Menu

Removing Power and All Apps in Start Menu: It's a simple question, with probably a more complicated answer: How do I remove these two buttons, as I think they are ugly as OS X (ok, maybe not that ugly)? [img] 8957
  7. how to add sign out/log off to power menu using Group Policy

how to add sign out/log off to power menu using Group Policy: Hi All, Could someone please provide some ideas. We have just upgraded a bunch of users to windows10. And we need to sign out/log off/lock screen from time to time. But this is not obvious in the default desktop layout and these options not available in the power menu....
  8. Add or Remove Sign out Option in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Add or Remove Sign out Option in Windows 10: How to: Add or Remove Sign out Option in Windows 10 How to Add or Remove Sign out Option in Windows 10 When you sign in without needing to restart the PCbut even if someone else turns off the PC, your info won't be lost. This tutorial will show you how to add or...
  9. Add or Remove Sleep in Power menu in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Add or Remove Sleep in Power menu in Windows 10: How to: Add or Remove Sleep in Power menu in Windows 10 How to Add or Remove Sleep from Power menu in Windows 10 Sleep uses very little power, your PC starts up faster, and youre instantly back to where you left off. You dont have to worry that you'll lose your work...
  10. Add or Remove Power Menu Icon on Sign-in Screen in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Add or Remove Power Menu Icon on Sign-in Screen in Windows 10: How to: Add or Remove Power Menu Icon on Sign-in Screen in Windows 10 How to Add or Remove Power Menu Icon on Sign-in Screen in Windows 10 The Power menu on the sign-in screen can allow users to restart the PC without having to sign in to Windows. The Shutdown: Allow...