Windows 10: Tutorial request - automatically change "pin to start" size to small

Discus and support Tutorial request - automatically change "pin to start" size to small in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hi there, I'd like to request a tutorial or be guided on how to automatically change the "pin to start" icon size to the small icon size instead of it... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by vgchat, Nov 4, 2019.

1. vgchat Win User

Tutorial request - automatically change "pin to start" size to small

Hi there, I'd like to request a tutorial or be guided on how to automatically change the "pin to start" icon size to the small icon size instead of it being pinned as a medium sized icon.

This way instead of going to the start menu, resizing & moving icons, they get pinned as a small size upon a pin request.

:)

vgchat, Nov 4, 2019

2. Small tiles sometimes being half of its original size

Hi Purnen,

We appreciate you for being part of Windows 10.

I suggest you to try the following steps and check if it helps.

Step 1: Resize the app.

• Open the Start menu.

• Right click on the icons (which are appearing small on your start menu) and click on Resize.

• Select the option like small/medium/large/wide which you like. (Resize options vary from the app to app)

Step 2: If the particular app is missing/not there on Start menu.

• Open the Start menu, type the app name in the search bar.

• Once you see the pap name on the search bar, right click on it and click on Pin to start if the app is not there on Start menu. (you may click on Pin to taskbar also if you wish to pin the app to taskbar)

I hope the above information helps. Kindly let us know if you need any further assistance with Windows. We are glad to assist you.

Thank you.

Kiran Kishore, Nov 4, 2019
  3. Ma. Lau Win User
    Small icons setting won't change

I suggest that you change or uncheck Use small taskbar buttons by following the steps below:

• Right-click the Taskbar.
    • Select Properties.
    • In the Taskbar tab make sure that Use small taskbar is
      uncheck

Tutorial request - automatically change "pin to start" size to small e377d97f-489c-45cb-8856-ca9160202472.jpg
    • Click Apply and OK.
    If the issue still persists, you can change the size of desktop icons.

• Right-click an empty space on the desktop.
    • Select View and choose either Large, Medium or Small icons.
    • Check if you can change the size of the taskbar button.
    Let us know how it goes.

Regards.

Ma. Lau, Nov 4, 2019
  4. Trisha CM Win User

Default Icon Size - Pin to Start

Is there a way to change the default icon size for the apps that are pinned to the start? I only ever use the small ones, and not that I do it a lot but it's super annoying when I do a clean up and have to resize every app I pin.

Trisha CM, Nov 4, 2019
Thema:

1. Tutorial request - automatically change "pin to start" size to small - Similar Threads - Tutorial request automatically

2. Small Doubt and Request For Help

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Small Doubt and Request For Help: Please see that Hyper-v is disabled Then why are these unwanted adapters shownPlease remove that PLease helo me to remove Thank you in advance https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/small-doubt-and-request-for-help/3e4a058f-8a78-4ff2-837f-1aefa1560d46
  3. Small Doubt and Request For Halp

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Small Doubt and Request For Halp: Please see that Hyper-v is disabled Then why are these unwanted adapters shownPlease remove that PLease helo me to remove Thank you in advance https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/small-doubt-and-request-for-halp/3e4a058f-8a78-4ff2-837f-1aefa1560d46
  4. Start Menu App Size Too Small

in Windows 10 Customization
    Start Menu App Size Too Small: I cannot find a way to make certain app icons to appear full The steam is what I dont want my apps to look like, But the pink game with the face is what I want my apps to look like, I dont want to change any text along with this....
  5. Is there a way to make Start icons automatically small?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Is there a way to make Start icons automatically small?: Or maybe just turning them all small instead of manually? submitted by /u/ShellGadus [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/mgji4q/is_there_a_way_to_make_start_icons_automatically/
  6. Custom size start menu pins?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Custom size start menu pins?: Why can't we have pins on start bar that are one and a half medium fields in size? submitted by /u/obscure_greenleaf [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/jrscd9/custom_size_start_menu_pins/
  7. Font size changed to too small. No reason; it just changed

Font size changed to too small. No reason; it just changed: And I've receive several responses. None of them worked. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/font-size-changed-to-too-small-no-reason-it-just/50ffbf79-bab0-4ec0-936e-7996222d9c1d
  8. Default Icon Size - Pin to Start

Default Icon Size - Pin to Start: Is there a way to change the default icon size for the apps that are pinned to the start? I only ever use the small ones, and not that I do it a lot but it's super annoying when I do a clean up and have to resize every app I pin....
  9. Small size tiles in start menu are cropped..??

Small size tiles in start menu are cropped..??: Win 10 x64 Small size icons are getting cropped .. See the image.... Any ideas on how to fix...?? Edit: I'm on latest build 10240.. Funny...It was back to normal on a reboot and now again cropped..*Tongue 8977
  10. request for cleanup update history .reg tutorial

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    request for cleanup update history .reg tutorial: Hello guys and Master Brink Is it polite to ask somebody to make a .reg file like the ones used in the tutorials and mostly written by Brink. It is about cleaning up the windows update history - I do this manually every patch Tuesday with the following commands from...