Windows 10: Tuvan language keyboard/increased support for the minority languages of Russia and the...

Discus and support Tuvan language keyboard/increased support for the minority languages of Russia and the... in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I was thinking of possibly having a Tuvan keyboard for Windows 10, to be able to type in that language and I just loveTuvan throat singing and that... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Patchman215, Dec 4, 2020.

1. Tuvan language keyboard/increased support for the minority languages of Russia and the...

I was thinking of possibly having a Tuvan keyboard for Windows 10, to be able to type in that language and I just loveTuvan throat singing and that it's such a remote language that's dying out and I love minority languages and the majority language of Russian, in the former USSR. Tuvan is a Turkic language that is currently spoken in Russia/Russian Federation, in the autonomous republic of Tuva. IMHO, Microsoft already has support for some Native American languages, why notTuvan?

Microsoft made a keyboard for Latin and I hope one day that the Tuvan people will able to communicate in their native Tuvan, no matter which parts of the world they happen to be in.

What do you guys think?

:)

Patchman215, Dec 4, 2020
  2. RFC3514 Win User

Tooltips displayed in the wrong language

Although my version of Windows is set to English and the GPU-Z "Tooltip Language" appears as "System Default (English (United Kingdom))", the tooltips are appearing in the language corresponding to my system locale (or possibly keyboard layout), not the actual system language. I frequently change the keyboard layout and date format (to match the clients I'm working for and the language I'm writing in), but the system language never changes (and software is supposed to run in that language).

I can manually select "English (United States)", but this basically makes it impossible for me to select the "correct" language (i.e., UK English), because it doesn't appear in the list (other than as "system default" - but is then ignored). Obviously it makes no difference to me if it's in UK or US English, but people with other language combinations might have a problem.

It seems the routine that populates the language list in the options is (correctly) determining the system language, but the routine that actually generates the tooltips is (incorrectly) reading the system locale instead of language.

RFC3514, Dec 4, 2020
  3. 95Viper Win User
    Windows 8.1 update changed the language, can't change back

Maybe, these will help... it seems it is a common enough problem.

Language packs are no longer available after you upgrade to Windows 8.1

And, sort of the same here --> Add a language or keyboard

Quote from above MS web page:

Spoiler Download and install language packs
    You'll need to download the language pack if you want to make a language your Windows display language (that's the language you see most often in Windows and apps).
    • Swipe in from the right edge of the screen, tap Settings, and then tap Change PC settings.
      (If you're using a mouse, point to the lower-right corner of the screen, move the mouse pointer up, click Settings, and then click Change PC settings.)
    • Tap or click Time and language, and then tap or click Region and language.
    • Tap or click a language that says Language pack available underneath, and then tap or click Options.
    • Tap or click Download. The download process might take a while, depending on your PC and the size of the language pack.
      If you want to make this your display language, see the next section "Change your Windows display language".
    Change your Windows display language
    To change your Windows display language (that's the language you see most often in Windows and apps), first add a language, download and install the language pack, and then follow these steps.
    • Swipe in from the right edge of the screen, tap Settings, and then tap Change PC settings.
      (If you're using a mouse, point to the lower-right corner of the screen, move the mouse pointer up, click Settings, and then click Change PC settings.)
    • Tap or click Time and language, and then tap or click Region and language.
    • Tap or click the language that you want to set as your display language.
    • Tap or click Set as primary to move the language to the top of the list. If the language can become your Windows display language, you'll see Will be display language after next sign-in appear under the language.
    • Sign out and then sign back in to finish.
    And here is some more info --> Add Language Packs to Windows

95Viper, Dec 4, 2020
  4. Tuvan language keyboard/increased support for the minority languages of Russia and the...

Language/Keyboard default

Hi Sandra,

You can try these steps to set up your preferred defaults:

• Go to Settings and click Time & Language.
    • Click Region & Language.
    • Click on your default system language then, click Options.
    • Click Add a keyboard then choose your preferred keyboard language.
    • Remove the other keyboard language by choosing it then click Remove.

Tell us if this works.

Katrina Men, Dec 4, 2020
Thema:

Tuvan language keyboard/increased support for the minority languages of Russia and the...

1. Tuvan language keyboard/increased support for the minority languages of Russia and the... - Similar Threads - Tuvan language keyboard

2. Keyboard Language

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Keyboard Language: I have set 3 keyboard layouts on my PC ENG US, ENG UK & Arabic 101. When I start my PC, Arabic Keyboard by default works. I want to change my default keyboard to ENG US that means when I start my PC it should be initially worked ENG US. Thanks....
  3. Language keyboards not typing in the actual language but with their English support

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Language keyboards not typing in the actual language but with their English support: I have a PC, but for comparison I have a school laptop I use. I have both Korean keyboards downloaded on them, however for some reason whenever I try to write in Hangul, it keeps resetting into the English alphabet on the Korean keyboard itself on PC. When I use any...
  4. Language keyboards not typing in the actual language but with their English support

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Language keyboards not typing in the actual language but with their English support: I have a PC, but for comparison I have a school laptop I use. I have both Korean keyboards downloaded on them, however for some reason whenever I try to write in Hangul, it keeps resetting into the English alphabet on the Korean keyboard itself on PC. When I use any...
  5. Language keyboards not typing in the actual language but with their English support

in Windows 10 Customization
  6. Keyboard language

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Keyboard language: Hello, so my pc just automatically adds English (USA) for my keyboard, and i am wondering if you can stop it from doing this. submitted by /u/BossManOnePro [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/ltj180/keyboard_language/
  7. Keyboard language

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Keyboard language: Logitech keyboard starting up in English US and I am having to change on boot to English UK. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/keyboard-language/8acdc6e4-0f44-48df-a638-40fa75c93065
  8. Keyboard Language

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Keyboard Language: At the moment , when I set up my computer I put US/English for the keyboard. Now I don't know how to change it to Australian keyboard or where to go. !! I'm just hoping someone can help me please. Sally McAllister *** Email address is removed for privacy ***...
  9. Language on keyboard

Language on keyboard: My language settings for my keyboard are giving me french letter accents I have it set to English Canadian then I accidentally added Canadian Multilingual Standard I have tried to remove it but in settings but when I click remove nothing happens I have reset the keyboard with...
  10. Keyboard languages

Keyboard languages: Hi guys ! I have mistakenly added Portuguese language for my keyboard, when in fact it should be Portuguese (ABNT2). It happens that I cannot DEKETE the mistaken one already added. How can I do that ?...