Windows 10: TV as duplicate monitor

Discus and support TV as duplicate monitor in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Hello, I hope you can help! I have a Dell Inspiron 3847 desktop PC. I ran an HDMI cable from the single HDMI port on the back panel of my PC to the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by mbone57, Jun 10, 2022.

1. mbone57 Win User

TV as duplicate monitor

Hello, I hope you can help! I have a Dell Inspiron 3847 desktop PC. I ran an HDMI cable from the single HDMI port on the back panel of my PC to the HDMI-2 port on the TV, I have set the PC display settings to duplicate the screens and all was working fine, I switch to input 2 on the TV, change the audio output on PC to TV and im using my TV as a 2nd monitor. Until now... Now I get a no signal message on the TV when I switch inputs, I have not made any changes to PC or installed/deleted anything. I have swapped out the 1 + 2 hdmi ports on the tv and both are operational. I have purchased a new

:)

mbone57, Jun 10, 2022
  2. akjoltoy Win User

Duplicating 1440p monitor onto 4k TV - What will happen?

I want to duplicate my monitor onto a TV. I wish to run the monitor at 1440p.

What will happen when I duplicate the display to a TV.

I know if the TV is 1080p, it would downgrade my monitor to 1080p

If the TV is 4k, will it downgrade the TV to 1440p? (this is what I want it to do, I just want to make sure this is what will happen, without any problems or forcing to have to have the monitor go below 1440p or something)

akjoltoy, Jun 10, 2022
  3. akjoltoy Win User
    Duplicating 1440p monitor onto 4k TV - What will happen?

How would that work?

I'm duplicating the monitor to the TV. Duplication always uses the lowest resolution of the two devices

akjoltoy, Jun 10, 2022
  4. Alexx Win User

TV as duplicate monitor

Windows 7 - Cannot duplicate the monitor to my Samsung LCD

Hello, everyone!
    I'm trying to duplicate a monitor to my Samsung LCD but Windows 7 says that it's unable to save the changes each time I click APPLY after selecting DUPLICATE screens option. WIN+P also doesn't work - I can only see what's going on either on my pc monitor (in Projector Only mode) or TV (in Computer Only Mode).

Both TV and monitor are using 1920x1200 resolution and they are connected via HDMI 1.4, Graphic Card is MSI Radeon 6950.

Any suggestions would be highly appreciated.

Alexx, Jun 10, 2022
Thema:

TV as duplicate monitor

1. TV as duplicate monitor - Similar Threads - duplicate monitor

2. My monitor doesn't support native resolution when Extended, but it's all fine when Duplicated

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My monitor doesn't support native resolution when Extended, but it's all fine when Duplicated: Hi, I saw tons of similar topics already, but this will be more specific.So I have two EIZO FlexScal EV2450 connected to my Dell docking station and the station to the laptop by one thunderbolt. For my work laptop it all work seamlessly, so I assume that's nothing with a...
  3. My monitor doesn't support native resolution when Extended, but it's all fine when Duplicated

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My monitor doesn't support native resolution when Extended, but it's all fine when Duplicated: Hi, I saw tons of similar topics already, but this will be more specific.So I have two EIZO FlexScal EV2450 connected to my Dell docking station and the station to the laptop by one thunderbolt. For my work laptop it all work seamlessly, so I assume that's nothing with a...
  4. My monitor doesn't support native resolution when Extended, but it's all fine when Duplicated

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. Secondary Monitor Project: Duplicate Screen Option Does Not Work, but All other Options Do...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Secondary Monitor Project: Duplicate Screen Option Does Not Work, but All other Options Do...: I have what appears to be a freaky situation. However, since I've duplicated the issue on two HP laptops 1. WIN 10 & 1. WIN 11, then maybe there is "settings" issue? I hope you have some insight. Scenario: NOTE: ALL MY DRIVERS ARE UPDATED - Monitor has been Deleted Device Mgr...
  6. Secondary Monitor Project: Duplicate Screen Option Does Not Work, but All other Options Do...

Secondary Monitor Project: Duplicate Screen Option Does Not Work, but All other Options Do...: I have what appears to be a freaky situation. However, since I've duplicated the issue on two HP laptops 1. WIN 10 & 1. WIN 11, then maybe there is "settings" issue? I hope you have some insight. Scenario: NOTE: ALL MY DRIVERS ARE UPDATED - Monitor has been Deleted Device Mgr...
  7. Secondary Monitor Project: Duplicate Screen Option Does Not Work, but All other Options Do...

in Windows 10 Customization
  8. Duplicate monitors with different resolutions no longer working/an option.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Duplicate monitors with different resolutions no longer working/an option.: I have a duel monitor setup. I have a monitor running at 2560x1440main monitor. I have a monitor to the right running at 1920x1080secondary.I have a wacom cintiq which runs at 1920x1080 that I use from time to time. Up until a few days ago I had it set up so that when I...
  9. Duplicate monitors with different resolutions no longer working/an option.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Duplicate monitors with different resolutions no longer working/an option.: I have a duel monitor setup. I have a monitor running at 2560x1440main monitor. I have a monitor to the right running at 1920x1080secondary.I have a wacom cintiq which runs at 1920x1080 that I use from time to time. Up until a few days ago I had it set up so that when I...
  10. Duplicate monitors with different resolutions no longer working/an option.