Windows 10: TV as duplicate monitor

Discus and support TV as duplicate monitor in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; Hello, I hope you can help! I have a Dell Inspiron 3847 desktop PC. I ran an HDMI cable from the single HDMI port on the back panel of my PC to the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by mbone57, Jun 10, 2022.

1. mbone57 Win User

TV as duplicate monitor

Hello, I hope you can help! I have a Dell Inspiron 3847 desktop PC. I ran an HDMI cable from the single HDMI port on the back panel of my PC to the HDMI-2 port on the TV, I have set the PC display settings to duplicate the screens and all was working fine, I switch to input 2 on the TV, change the audio output on PC to TV and im using my TV as a 2nd monitor. Until now... Now I get a no signal message on the TV when I switch inputs, I have not made any changes to PC or installed/deleted anything. I have swapped out the 1 + 2 hdmi ports on the tv and both are operational. I have purchased a new

:)

mbone57, Jun 10, 2022
  2. akjoltoy Win User

Duplicating 1440p monitor onto 4k TV - What will happen?

I want to duplicate my monitor onto a TV. I wish to run the monitor at 1440p.

What will happen when I duplicate the display to a TV.

I know if the TV is 1080p, it would downgrade my monitor to 1080p

If the TV is 4k, will it downgrade the TV to 1440p? (this is what I want it to do, I just want to make sure this is what will happen, without any problems or forcing to have to have the monitor go below 1440p or something)

akjoltoy, Jun 10, 2022
  3. akjoltoy Win User
    Duplicating 1440p monitor onto 4k TV - What will happen?

How would that work?

I'm duplicating the monitor to the TV. Duplication always uses the lowest resolution of the two devices

akjoltoy, Jun 10, 2022
  4. Alexx Win User

TV as duplicate monitor

Windows 7 - Cannot duplicate the monitor to my Samsung LCD

Hello, everyone!
    I'm trying to duplicate a monitor to my Samsung LCD but Windows 7 says that it's unable to save the changes each time I click APPLY after selecting DUPLICATE screens option. WIN+P also doesn't work - I can only see what's going on either on my pc monitor (in Projector Only mode) or TV (in Computer Only Mode).

Both TV and monitor are using 1920x1200 resolution and they are connected via HDMI 1.4, Graphic Card is MSI Radeon 6950.

Any suggestions would be highly appreciated.

Alexx, Jun 10, 2022
Thema:

TV as duplicate monitor

1. TV as duplicate monitor - Similar Threads - duplicate monitor

2. Monitors are both stuck on duplicate and low resolution. How do I fix?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Monitors are both stuck on duplicate and low resolution. How do I fix?: I have two monitors setup individually with their own windows. After using my computer for a while tabs began flashing open and closed, computer began going a little slow, screens went black, then turned back on to all my tabs being frozen or closed with an empty error tab....
  3. Monitors are both stuck on duplicate and low resolution. How do I fix?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Monitors are both stuck on duplicate and low resolution. How do I fix?: I have two monitors setup individually with their own windows. After using my computer for a while tabs began flashing open and closed, computer began going a little slow, screens went black, then turned back on to all my tabs being frozen or closed with an empty error tab....
  4. Monitors are both stuck on duplicate and low resolution. How do I fix?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. keyboard and monitor duplicate on device manager CAUSES GAME STUTTERING

in Windows 10 Gaming
    keyboard and monitor duplicate on device manager CAUSES GAME STUTTERING: Hello, I come in search of a miracle because it seems that I am the only one with this problem, and I am desperate. First of all, in case it helps, here are my computer specifications:Alienware M15 R7Processor 12th Gen IntelR CoreTM i7-12700H 2.30 GHzInstalled RAM 32.0 GB...
  6. keyboard and monitor duplicate on device manager CAUSES GAME STUTTERING

keyboard and monitor duplicate on device manager CAUSES GAME STUTTERING: Hello, I come in search of a miracle because it seems that I am the only one with this problem, and I am desperate. First of all, in case it helps, here are my computer specifications:Alienware M15 R7Processor 12th Gen IntelR CoreTM i7-12700H 2.30 GHzInstalled RAM 32.0 GB...
  7. Win 11 taskbar duplicates Adobe PDF icons after they're moved into extended monitor

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Win 11 taskbar duplicates Adobe PDF icons after they're moved into extended monitor: Win 11 taskbar duplicates Adobe PDF icons after they're moved into an extended monitor from my laptop.So, when I move an open PDF from one monitor to another now, the Windows taskbar shows two icons side by side for that file. If I then move the file back to the original...
  8. Win 11 taskbar duplicates Adobe PDF icons after they're moved into extended monitor

Win 11 taskbar duplicates Adobe PDF icons after they're moved into extended monitor: Win 11 taskbar duplicates Adobe PDF icons after they're moved into an extended monitor from my laptop.So, when I move an open PDF from one monitor to another now, the Windows taskbar shows two icons side by side for that file. If I then move the file back to the original...
  9. Setup 2 monitors with different refresh rate in duplicate mode

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Setup 2 monitors with different refresh rate in duplicate mode: Hello! I'm trying to setup my PC with 2 monitors It's laptop, internal monitor with 144hz and second monitor with 120hzI want to make duplicate mode for monitors, not extend, not 2 only etc. The problem is that programs/games thinking, that it's only one monitor and everyhing...
  10. Setup 2 monitors with different refresh rate in duplicate mode

Setup 2 monitors with different refresh rate in duplicate mode: Hello! I'm trying to setup my PC with 2 monitors It's laptop, internal monitor with 144hz and second monitor with 120hzI want to make duplicate mode for monitors, not extend, not 2 only etc. The problem is that programs/games thinking, that it's only one monitor and everyhing...