Windows 10: TV as second display switching off

Discus and support TV as second display switching off in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I have been using my TV a hisense with a 6 year old acer laptop running windows 10 connected with an hdmi cable with no problems. I bought a Lenovo in... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by grahamcharnley, Nov 29, 2020.

1. TV as second display switching off

I have been using my TV a hisense with a 6 year old acer laptop running windows 10 connected with an hdmi cable with no problems. I bought a Lenovo in August and the TV connects fine but when I drag a window to the tv and click the square to maximise the window the tv switches itself off.

I am using the tv and laptop reccomended settings in the settings page for display

:)

grahamcharnley, Nov 29, 2020

2. Display to TV

I bought HP ALL IN ONE C434. It has HDMI port but I am unable to see the display on my TV through HDMI cable. Display settings are not showing drop down list to select the type of second display. When I detect it doesn't find any second display.

SubodhJoshi2, Nov 29, 2020
  3. chermesh Win User
    Stuck with TV set as default display

Hi,
    While trying to fix displaying of my desktop win10 desktop on my samsung smart tv, I set the tv as the default display. Now, when I switch the tv on, I loss control on the performance of my pc. The desktop pc shows all the icons of my desktop, but any step I do, running a browser, opening outlook, etc. show only on my tv. A real nuisance.
    I can open display setting, but since my act shows only on the tv, which is located in another room, all my efforts to change setting and configure my pc as the default screen failed.
    When I switch the tv off, I find no way to change the display configuration.
    How can I regain control on my pc?

chermesh, Nov 29, 2020
  4. bjoygreen Win User

TV as second display switching off

Display to TV

I'm having the same issue on my PC after installing Windows 10. When I had 8.1 installed, my pc recognized my Sony TV as a second display through the HDMI 2 port connecting the two; after installation, the PC acknowledges the TV is an attached device but
    does not see it as a display to which it can connect via the HDMI. Both PC and TV are relatively new. Would welcome hearing from Microsoft the next step given the steps above did not resolve the issue.

bjoygreen, Nov 29, 2020
Thema:

TV as second display switching off

1. TV as second display switching off - Similar Threads - second display switching

2. Second Screen Only but not switching to first when TV off

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Second Screen Only but not switching to first when TV off: Hello everyone,I am dealing with a quite frustrating issue with a new TV.Basically, my usual setup is that I have a laptop connected to a TV with an HDMI obviously.The projection is set to Second Screen Only, when TV is off it switches automatically to my laptop screen. When...
  3. Second Screen Only but not switching to first when TV off

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Second Screen Only but not switching to first when TV off: Hello everyone,I am dealing with a quite frustrating issue with a new TV.Basically, my usual setup is that I have a laptop connected to a TV with an HDMI obviously.The projection is set to Second Screen Only, when TV is off it switches automatically to my laptop screen. When...
  4. [nVidia] - Second Display Not Working? - DVI Monitor & Second HDMI TV

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    [nVidia] - Second Display Not Working? - DVI Monitor & Second HDMI TV: Hi, Running current Windows 10 Home 64Bit version 21H1on a fairly new Dell desktop computer. Have an nVidia GeForce GTX 1650 Super graphic card with newest non-beta drivers. I have a monitor plugged into the DVI port on the nVidia graphic card. I recently plugged a second...
  5. Cannot connect TV as second display

Cannot connect TV as second display: I am trying to connect my new Smart TV to my PC as a second Display, mirroring the desktop. I am using the same HDMI cable as I used for the previous TV. In Display Settings only the PCs Display is identified. I have tried restarting with no effect. How do I get the PC to...
  6. Windows switching to Second Display

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows switching to Second Display: My current duel screen set up is my main Dell 24' display connected to the videocard via a displayport cable, and a my secondary old 19' monitor connected to the video card with a VGA cable use a vga to dvi adaptor. I only occasionally use the second display, so its turned...
  7. Tv as second screen

Tv as second screen: Hi! I have a GTX 1060 with 1 hdmi port, the motherboard has an hdmi port too, but doesn't work. What id the best solution to make this work? View attachment 9764 View attachment 9765 View attachment 9764 View attachment 9765
  8. Turning on TV causes auto-switch of display output

in Windows 10 Customization
    Turning on TV causes auto-switch of display output: I have a laptop with Windows 10. I normally use the laptop screen, but I keep HDMI cable always connected to my TV since I often output movies to TV. The problem I have is that whenever I turn on TV while I am using the computer, my laptop automatically switches display...
  9. TV Display

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    TV Display: How to I connect Windows 10 laptop to display on TV using HDMI https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-hardware/tv-display/085a18f1-272e-4af9-9b99-30df070b7dbc
  10. Second Display (Samsung TV) too high contrast

Second Display (Samsung TV) too high contrast: I have my laptop with an HDMI-Cable to my Samsung TV connected. Today after booting i have noticed the contrast on the TV looks too high. The settings on the TV are fine and the Display on my laptop looks good. I don't know what's the problem 104535