Windows 10: TV as secondary monitor dont work after sleep

Discus and support TV as secondary monitor dont work after sleep in Windows 10 Graphic Cards to solve the problem; Hello there, firtly its first time i tried an TV as secondary monitor, so i trying to understand if its supposed to work like that. I have an Acer... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Graphic Cards' started by chummy, Feb 1, 2020.

1. chummy Win User

TV as secondary monitor dont work after sleep

Hello there, firtly its first time i tried an TV as secondary monitor, so i trying to understand if its supposed to work like that.

I have an Acer monitor as Main, attached to discrete GTX770 HDMI, and using TV as secondary, attached to Intel iGPU HDMI.
    The problem just happens after Windows sleep and TV automatically turn off, loosing input signal. After OS wake up TV stay off and OS loose dual monitor configs and return to single monitor config.

Inverting TV as main monitor will need to manually turn it on, but dual monitor config keeps there without issues.

I tested same TV as secondary monitor at another Windows System and same issue occurs there.

Is a TV input design supposed to cause this problem when attached as secondary monitor?

Build System: 18362.592

:)

chummy, Feb 1, 2020
  2. chummy Win User

Hello there, firtly its first time i tried an TV as secondary monitor, so i trying to understand if its supposed to work like that.

I have an Acer monitor as Main, attached to discrete GTX770 HDMI, and using TV as secondary, attached to Intel iGPU HDMI.
    The problem just happens after Windows sleep and TV automatically turn off, loosing input signal. After OS wake up TV stay off and OS loose dual monitor configs and return to single monitor config.

Inverting TV as main monitor will need to manually turn it on, but dual monitor config keeps there without issues.

I tested same TV as secondary monitor at another Windows System and same issue occurs there.

Is a TV input design supposed to cause this problem when attached as secondary monitor?

Build System: 18362.592

chummy, Feb 1, 2020
  3. TV as secondary monitor dont work after sleep

Its totally a TV issue , some TVs try to save power by turning OFF if [No Signal] is received , then you have to manually turn it ON again , sometimes you can over-ride this in TV menu of some makers by tuning the "Eco" or "Economy" or "Turn Off In .." or "Turn Off If No .." or similar options in menu which would keep it ON while [No Signal] but to note , unlike dedicated monitors the LCDs/LEDs screens remain ON just black which would shorten their lives .

nIGHTmAYOR, Feb 1, 2020
  4. TV as secondary monitor dont work after sleep

The TV used as a secondary monitor flickers

I bought a new 50" Toshiba Ultra HD TV model 50U6863DB ( Specifications: Toshiba Tv 50U6863DB - 50" Toshiba Ultra HD TV )

I’m using my Television, between other things, as a secondary display for my two PCs, a desktop and a laptop. Both of them runs Window 10.

The television is connected to the house wifi and communicate with my PCs through “Wireless display”.

The TV works well when used as a television, no problem in streaming Netflix or YouTube and it performs well when used as a secondary screen for my laptop PC.

When used as a secondary screen from my desktop PC, the image in the TV “flicker”: every second or so the image blurs for an instant before going back to normal. The issue remains no matter if the PC monitor is mirrored, extended or if only the secondary monitor (the TV) is active.

Laptop and Desktop PC seems to output at the same resolution (1920 x 1080) and refresh rate (60).

Lowering the refresh ratio output of the desktop PC from the default 60 seems to improve the situation (it makes the flickering less visible) but do not solve it.

The TV specifications claim that the maximum available resolution is 3840 x 2160 but this value is not listed as an option by windows. Raising the resolution from the default of 1920 x 1080 to 1920 x 1200 (the only higher value that seems to be available) crash the connection between the TV and the desktop PC. The only way I was able to reconnect TV and desktop PC after this crash was to Format my PC (advice from Toshiba support team).

Lowering the resolution do not seems to have an impact on the flickering.

The Graphic card on my desktop PC is NVIDIA GeForce GTX 970. My Windows and my Graphic card drivers are up to date.

I tried already to reset the TV to factory setting and I already formatted my PC.

I contacted already Toshiba support team, the local team was unable to solve this issue and I’m waiting to be contacted by the head office but I hope to solve the problem before that.

Marco Vicario, Feb 1, 2020
Thema:

1. TV as secondary monitor dont work after sleep - Similar Threads - secondary monitor dont

2. TV Monitors not sleeping after 15 Minutes

in Windows 10 Gaming
    TV Monitors not sleeping after 15 Minutes: I use two 32" TVs as monitors for my Windows 11 Desktop Computer.Vizio TV is the primary display and uses a VGA to HDMI cable connection.Samsung TV is the secondary display and uses a HDMI to HDMI cable connection.Under the Power Setting, I specify "Turn off my Screen after...
  3. TV Monitors not sleeping after 15 Minutes

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    TV Monitors not sleeping after 15 Minutes: I use two 32" TVs as monitors for my Windows 11 Desktop Computer.Vizio TV is the primary display and uses a VGA to HDMI cable connection.Samsung TV is the secondary display and uses a HDMI to HDMI cable connection.Under the Power Setting, I specify "Turn off my Screen after...
  4. Toolbar on secondary monitor

in Windows 10 Customization
    Toolbar on secondary monitor: This is the same question that GrandPheonix has asked.https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/toolbar-on-secondary-monitor/e00b197a-1143-4207-b0be-618ee4986eccIs there a way to either change this in any of the windows settings or does this have to be coded into...
  5. Secondary monitor stops working after every restart

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Secondary monitor stops working after every restart: Hello experts. Please help me out. I have latest Win10 updates and latest Nvidia driver 461.09. I have Gforce GTX 650 on Windows 10 Pro N 64bit. My second monitor only works when I reinstall the gforce driver. Once I shutdown or reboot It stops working. I can see the...
  6. TV Monitor

TV Monitor: I have an older 4yrs ASUS laptop which I plug into an 32" RCA TV used for my monitor. Works great!. I finally bought a 15" HP laptop and tried the same, but no display on the TV. When I shut the TV off, the laptop "beeps" so it knows it's there, just not displaying anything....
  7. Laptop going to sleep after 30 sec when connected to TV as a Monitor

Laptop going to sleep after 30 sec when connected to TV as a Monitor: When laptop is connected VIA HDMI to 43 Inch TV as a monitor and connected to power supply it goes to sleep in 30 Sec. tried various cables directly in HDMI port and via an adaptor via USB 3 With same setup with laptop connected to a 24 inch monitor via HDMI all is fine....
  8. TV as secondary monitor dont work after sleep

in Windows 10 Support
    TV as secondary monitor dont work after sleep: Hello there, firtly its first time i tried an TV as secondary monitor, so i trying to understand if its supposed to work like that. I have an Acer monitor as Main, attached to discrete GTX770 HDMI, and using TV as secondary, attached to Intel iGPU HDMI. The problem just...
  9. Secondary Monitor Blurry

in Windows 10 Customization
    Secondary Monitor Blurry: Any secondary monitor connected to this new laptop is blurry. I have tried several work-arounds (scaling adjustments) but nothing has improved the second monitor. even i followed the below link https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/4091364/windows-10-fix-blurry-apps....
  10. Secondary monitor

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Secondary monitor: Recently I bought a slightly larger monitor and planned to use the older one as a secondary monitor. I went in via 'Display Settings' but have managed to screw things up and I've ended up making this smaller monitor the primary one. How might I reverse this and thus make the...