Windows 10: TV Audio Projecting Issues

Discus and support TV Audio Projecting Issues in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; My computer is nearly a month old, and I have had no issue projecting sound to a TV. It has worked perfectly with my HDMI cord. However lately when... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Jackarda7, Apr 10, 2020.

1. Jackarda7 Win User

TV Audio Projecting Issues

My computer is nearly a month old, and I have had no issue projecting sound to a TV. It has worked perfectly with my HDMI cord. However lately when we've been trying to watch stuff online, when my screen is connected to the TV, the TV shows my computer screen, but no audio is going into the TV speakers. My computer speakers take all of the audio burden. So, I checked the HDMI cord. Other devices worked on it, so it was a matter of the computer itself. I opened the control panel -> hardware and sound -> manage audio and sound ->advanced and tested the audio on the TV, and the audio played. Why does the audio play then, but not when I do it when I want? Everything looks good when I test things, but whenever I actually play sound, it NEVER pops up on the tv.

I am out of ideas...

Any help would be appreciated.

:)

Jackarda7, Apr 10, 2020
  2. Nikhar_K Win User

Unable to project PC screen to TV

Hi Pat,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

Please reply to the following questions to help you further:

• How are you trying to project the Laptop screen?
    • Are you receiving any error message?
    • Were you able to project the laptop screen to TV earlier?
    • What is the make and model of your laptop?

In the meantime, I suggest you to refer the steps in the article
    Fix connections to wireless displays or docks
    and check if that helps.

Hope it helps.

Please reply with the status of the issue, we will be glad to help you further.

Nikhar Khare

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Nikhar_K, Apr 10, 2020
  3. Projection to TV using my laptop

Hello,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

I understand that you are unable to project on your TV using your laptop, according to the screen shot you have provided the issue is caused due to incompatible drivers.

The yellow exclamation (!) mark next to the Miracast driver indicates that the driver is corrupted or missing, due to which you are unable to project on your TV. I suggest you to update the Miracast driver that is displaying yellow exclamation mark
    ([LG] webOS TV UK6100PVA). Refer the following article for steps to
    update drivers.

If you have already updated the drivers and if the updated drivers are causing the issue, try to roll back the driver to the previous version. Follow the steps mentioned below:

1. Press 'Windows + R'
      key together on your Keyboard.
    2. Type 'devmgmt.msc' and hit enter.
    3. Right click on the drivers with yellow “!” mark and click on 'Properties'.
    4. Click on 'Driver' tab and check for 'Roll Back Driver'.
    If the roll back option is available, roll back the driver and restart the computer.

Also update the Bluetooth drivers with Yellow exclamation (Bluetooth Audio/Video Remote Control HID
    and Bluetooth Device (personal Area Network)) to avoid any future issue.

Hope it helps.

Sandeep Kumar M

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Sandeep_KM, Apr 10, 2020
  4. Zaki_j Win User

Unable to project PC screen to TV

Hi Saidy,

Thank you for visiting Microsoft Community.

I understand that you are not able to project the PC screen to TV. It would be great if you can answer these questions to assist you in a better way.

1. What is the make and model of the PC and TV?
    2. What happens when you try to project to TV?
    3. Were you able to project the laptop screen to TV earlier?

Miracast is a wireless technology your PC can use to project your screen to TVs, projectors, and streaming media players that also support Miracast. You can use this to share what you’re doing on your
    PC, present a slide show, or even play your favorite game on a larger screen.

I suggest you refer and follow the suggestions from
    Fix connections to wireless displays or docks

Additional Information:

Project to a wireless display with Miracast.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-8/project-wireless-screen-miracast

Hope it helps.

Regards,

Zaki

Zaki_j, Apr 10, 2020
Thema:

1. TV Audio Projecting Issues - Similar Threads - Audio Projecting Issues

2. Audio to TV

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Audio to TV: My laptop alienware 17 r4 is connected to a tv using hdmi and the screen is shred perfectly without any errors but the sound is not on the tv. i checked if i can change the default sound output to the tv but the tv is not there also tried to see if it is disabled but its not...
  3. Audio to TV

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Audio to TV: My laptop alienware 17 r4 is connected to a tv using hdmi and the screen is shred perfectly without any errors but the sound is not on the tv. i checked if i can change the default sound output to the tv but the tv is not there also tried to see if it is disabled but its not...
  4. Audio to TV

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. Project issue

in Windows 10 Customization
    Project issue: i tried Run the Hardware and Devices troubleshooter Reinstall your video drivers Clean boot your computer Run SFC Use a different user account but the issue is still continued please suggest any method [ATTACH]...
  6. project pc to tv

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    project pc to tv: i can't project my pc screen to TV since last windows update https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/project-pc-to-tv/fd642fe9-4953-41f4-afd9-4070d5107cf2
  7. Issue: Audio not passing through to HDMI on to TV

Issue: Audio not passing through to HDMI on to TV: Hi, So, I am new this here and I am not entirely sure if this is the correct place to put this. I encountered this issue about 4 months ago and just haven't bothered to try seeking further help after trying to resolve the issue myself and then searching through 100's of...
  8. Unable to project PC screen to TV

in Windows 10 Customization
    Unable to project PC screen to TV: Can someone tell me what the problem is and how to fix. I think I am making the problem worse, I am not a tec person and have no idea what I'm doing. Original title : my laptop will not project to my tv screen any more and it did before I use a HDMI cord....
  9. projection issue

projection issue: Hi,i'm Pat, was trying to make a projection of screen's laptop on my LGwebOSTV still it can't. I've checked my drivers and they are all up to date. Whenever i start the process it can't get to the end. Apparently the laptop is deconncting itself but with my mobile it workes...
  10. Trouble Projecting onto TV

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Trouble Projecting onto TV: When I try to project my screen onto my tv, it cuts off the borders by about the size of the task bar (vertical wise). All I'm using is an HDMI cable that came with the tv and I don't really have the money to get anything else like chromcast or items of the like to help with...