Windows 10: TV display collor incorrectly, Unless split screen

Discus and support TV display collor incorrectly, Unless split screen in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; When I connect my laptop to the TV the colors appear properly for a moment but then the screen blacks out and reappears with colors being distorted,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by FumondNachtimmel, Oct 27, 2020.

1. TV display collor incorrectly, Unless split screen

When I connect my laptop to the TV the colors appear properly for a moment but then the screen blacks out and reappears with colors being distorted, and will occasionally go back and forth between being correct and distorted

Red becomes Blueish
    Blue becomes a darkish red almost Maroon

Yellow becomes Cyan

Green seems to stay the same

I have tried switching video cords, the problem seems to only happen if i am in "Duplicate" or "Show only desktop 2" display mode, if i have it in "Extend displays" the colors are portrayed properly with no issues.

Because it works properly with Extend display it leads me to believe this is a software issue on laptop, as the TV never did this before

:)

FumondNachtimmel, Oct 27, 2020

2. Splitting screens

Hi,

To resolve your issue with splitting screen, we suggest that you follow the
    steps
    provided by Likhitha V.

Let us know how it goes.

Melowin Mar, Oct 27, 2020
  3. How to show split screen on TV from laptop using Windows 10.

Hello,

Thank you for posting on Microsoft Community. We regret the inconvenience caused and will assist you in resolving the issue.

You can show split screen on TV from laptop by selecting PC screen only from the project display option on Windows 10.

To show split screen on the TV, you first have to open two programs you want to show on the PC. To open two programs adjacent to each other on the desktop screen, you have to snap the programs on the PC.

Follow the steps below to snap the programs on PC and to show
    split screen on TV.

• Open the two programs you want to view on the screen.

• Hold the taskbar of one program and snap it to one side of the monitor, hold the other program and snap it to the other side. You can also snap four programs on the screen by pointing the programs to the corners of the monitor.

• Now press Window logo + P keys on the keyboard and choose
      PC screen only option from the popped side window. You can also select
      Duplicate option which performs similar operation as PC screen only.

Write to us with the status of the issue on the same post for further assistance. Your reply is most important for us to ensure we assist you accordingly.

Thank you.

Likhitha V, Oct 27, 2020
  4. Brink Win User

TV display collor incorrectly, Unless split screen

Brink, Oct 27, 2020
Thema:

TV display collor incorrectly, Unless split screen

1. TV display collor incorrectly, Unless split screen - Similar Threads - display collor incorrectly

2. Redirecting a TV display to a computer screen

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Redirecting a TV display to a computer screen: This is really an odd one. I have TVs connected to my network and I have no problem casting what I am seeing on my computer screen to any of the TVs. Thank you, Chrome. I would like to do the reverse. I would like to take whatever is displaying on my TV and show it on my...
  3. Redirecting a TV display to a computer screen

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Redirecting a TV display to a computer screen: This is really an odd one. I have TVs connected to my network and I have no problem casting what I am seeing on my computer screen to any of the TVs. Thank you, Chrome. I would like to do the reverse. I would like to take whatever is displaying on my TV and show it on my...
  4. Split screen observed on external display

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Split screen observed on external display: Hi ,I have just upgraded my system to win 11 and observing split screen after restarting the system or while plugging the display. I am using single monitor but screen is getting split...
  5. Split screen observed on external display

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Split screen observed on external display: Hi ,I have just upgraded my system to win 11 and observing split screen after restarting the system or while plugging the display. I am using single monitor but screen is getting split...
  6. Display error: screen split in two, shifted

in Windows 10 Customization
    Display error: screen split in two, shifted: Hello! I've been getting this same bug since the latest big Windows update a couple of weeks ago. When I boot up, my display will be split like in the picture below. It only happens sometimes, though. Sometimes when I boot up, it is fine. So I usually restart until it...
  7. Split screen display of documents

in Windows 10 Customization
    Split screen display of documents: Sometimes I would like to have a Word document open at the same time as an Excel document or even a non-MS document. Can this be done in Windows 10? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/split-screen-display-of-documents/9ac664b4-e407-4f72-a5bb-ede853e1c101
  8. Artifacting/incorrect colors on external display (TV) with Intel Card

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Artifacting/incorrect colors on external display (TV) with Intel Card: Hey all, I have a laptop I just fixed up for somebody - Acer Aspire 5742 laptop with 4GB RAM, Intel Core i3 processor and Intel HD Graphics. It was working perfectly on my home workbench and I gave the laptop to them today. They took it home and it is fine otherwise, BUT...
  9. TV screen display

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    TV screen display: how do you get the display to work on a TV using HDMI. I have 2 PC's with windows 10, both set to the same resolution one works & the other doesn't. Any help out there? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/tv-screen-display/6d0fe20e-2d13-4720-908d-99fee7e26dcd
  10. display problems, showing split screen

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    display problems, showing split screen: Since installing windows 10 on my old dell, i am having major problems. The Computer is very slow, and is probably too old to properly run the new Windows, but the biggest issue is that after a restart, i am seeing a split screen display with a line through the centre of the...