Windows 10: TV Displaying "Unsupported" For Windows Desktop PC HDMI Input

Discus and support TV Displaying "Unsupported" For Windows Desktop PC HDMI Input in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I recently upgraded to desktop PC from using laptops and I've never known peace like this. However: after a windows automatic update shocker, I know I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Cypress Reeves, Jun 7, 2021.

1. TV Displaying "Unsupported" For Windows Desktop PC HDMI Input

I recently upgraded to desktop PC from using laptops and I've never known peace like this. However: after a windows automatic update shocker, I know I booted my PC up in the morning to find that the TV that I am using as a monitor an old TEAC with a native resolution of 720p no longer supported the HDMI input. All that you get when plugging it in is a box that bounces around the screen that says "Message: Unsupported".I can boot to BIOS while on that monitor, but there are no options to fix it from there. I cannot boot in Safe Mode on that monitor. I have restarted both devices in differen

:)

Cypress Reeves, Jun 7, 2021

2. connecting smart TV with windows 10 PC using HDMI cable

Hi Shirley,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

To have better clarity on the issue, answer the below-listed questions and get back to us.

1. What is the make and model number of your TV and your computer?
    2. Do you get any error message on the TV or on your computer when trying to connect the computer and TV using HDMI Cable?
    3. We appreciate that you have performed the troubleshooting steps, so could you let us know what troubleshooting steps you have already tried?

Meanwhile, follow the below steps and see if this helps.

Before trying the below steps, turn off your computer as well as your TV.

Step 1: Plug one end of the HDMI Port in the TV and the other to the computers HDMI Port. Then, turn on both your computer as well as TV.

Note: Make sure that the TV is set to the exact HDMI Channel from the Input Settings (refer your TV manual).

Step 2: Once you perform the Step 1, the computer should output its screen automatically to the TV. If it failed to do so, then follow below steps.

Step 3: Press the Windows key and the R key from your keyboard and type
    Control and hit Enter.

Step 4: Switch the View by Category to
    Small icons
    > Click on Display > On the left pane, click on
    Adjust resolution.

Step 5: Under Display, click on the drop-down list and choose your TV name select the appropriate resolution for the TV to display.

Hope it helps.

Let us know if you got the help you needed by clicking Yes or No.

Shafeeq_Khan, Jun 7, 2021
  3. HDMI Connection Display to TV - Not Working

I am very thankful for your kind reply...

but unfortunately it is still not working.

I tried all the above ideas you have mentioned to solve the problem in my HDMI connection from my PC to TV connection. ".

As a final attempt:

Press Windows key + X

Click Device Manager

Expand Display adapters

Right click the current display adapter

Click Uninstall

Exit Device Manager

Restart "

but unfortunately it just works for 2 minutes only, and then it just goes back to how it was before it was showing the error message working in TV, it just continues to display "Unsupported device; Check your output"

I am looking forward for a quick reply of another suggestion of resolving this problem from you...

Mohamed RafeekHome, Jun 7, 2021
  4. Try3 Win User

TV Displaying "Unsupported" For Windows Desktop PC HDMI Input

PC and TV not connecting via HDMI cable

If the PC has detected your HDMI-TV connection then it will be shown as an additional display in Settings, System, Display.

TV Displaying "Unsupported" For Windows Desktop PC HDMI Input [​IMG]

If there is no additional display shown then your PC has not detected your HDMI-TV connection
    - Unless there is something wrong with the connection itself, I'd first try going to your PC maker then downloading and [re-]installing the latest display driver.
    - I suggest you also check your PC manual & any user forum your PC maker provides to see if there is any useful guidance there.
    - You might also get somebody else to connect their PC to your TV using the same TV settings & HDMI cable to prove that nothing there is at fault.

Denis

Try3, Jun 7, 2021
Thema:

TV Displaying "Unsupported" For Windows Desktop PC HDMI Input

1. TV Displaying "Unsupported" For Windows Desktop PC HDMI Input - Similar Threads - Displaying Unsupported Desktop

2. hdmi tv

in Windows 10 Gaming
    hdmi tv: I had hdmi for two years. I cleaned my laptop and now on my tv screen only shows image of my laptop back ground. It will not let me use my tv as a screen, but I do have sound that comes from my tv that is from the laptop. Can anybody explain to me what happen or how to fix...
  3. hdmi tv

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    hdmi tv: I had hdmi for two years. I cleaned my laptop and now on my tv screen only shows image of my laptop back ground. It will not let me use my tv as a screen, but I do have sound that comes from my tv that is from the laptop. Can anybody explain to me what happen or how to fix...
  4. Display a desktop PC on a smart TV via HDMI

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Display a desktop PC on a smart TV via HDMI: Hi! I was wondering if someone could help me with the following issue: When my PC is plugged into my smart TV via HDMI, the TV does not display the PC. However, if before turning on the PC, I plug the PC into a monitor via Displayport, and keep the HDMI between the PC and...
  5. Laptop HDMI to TV displays a crappy image

Laptop HDMI to TV displays a crappy image: So I connected my laptop to a TV monitor and the image looks like shit. Its not stretched, but the colors are unusual and it looks pixely. Has anyone else had this issue, and does anyone know how to fix it? Connectivity is via HDMI (displayport to hdmi cable). Laptop is an...
  6. Input lag with HDMI, but not with Display port?

Input lag with HDMI, but not with Display port?: I've tried it on two different displays, monitor and FireTV. The lag with display port + monitor is fine, but hdmi is horrendous with either and FireTV doesn't have DP. I see mentions of different configs to help with HDMI lag, but I'm getting a solid half second of lag....
  7. hdmi to tv

in Windows 10 Customization
    hdmi to tv: i cant see all of my screen it seem that it is streched both top and bottem cant see the bottem half of my task bare https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/hdmi-to-tv/17330edf-3ace-49fa-8d45-1a831895338b
  8. No audio on HDMI PC to tv

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    No audio on HDMI PC to tv: I do not understand nor do I know why my smart TV won't properly connect to my PC. My older tv works perfectly to my pc. The hdmi cable is new. I even tried a dvi cord and a display port cord, same issue. The smart TV and PC are both brand new so I don't understand why a...
  9. Hdmi issue with Samsung TV as extended display

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Hdmi issue with Samsung TV as extended display: Once again after a Windows update i have a problem.when i put hdmi lead in laptop my laptop goes black and defaults to the tv and have no way to change it this problem only effects samsung tv have tried on another tv works fine looks like a rollback for me ,have updated...
  10. Input lag on LG TV through HDMI cord via my PC

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Input lag on LG TV through HDMI cord via my PC: My apologies if I'm in the wrong section of this forum (feel free to move the thread if I am), but I'm becoming frustrated with this problem. All I want to do is watch movies off my external hard-drive or play Steam games from my PC, but when I begin the process and...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. How to fix the unsupported on TV while connected on pc