Windows 10: TV displays the same stuff as monitor and now it goes to 640x480

Discus and support TV displays the same stuff as monitor and now it goes to 640x480 in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Ok, im not that amazing with computers like some of you, but i NOW have 2 problems i posted my first 1 on AMD forums but no real answers so here is my... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Stephengunn, Jul 13, 2018.

1. TV displays the same stuff as monitor and now it goes to 640x480

Ok, im not that amazing with computers like some of you, but i NOW have 2 problems i posted my first 1 on AMD forums but no real answers so here is my problem. #1 I used to use 1 monitor then one day i decided why not just hook up a TV for a dual monitor setup but when i did that it only showed the same thing as on the monitor so like a projector kind of. ( you can see all my specs if you want) but just letting you know, don't have access to intel control panel thing and the display properties after i reinstalled windows because of a problem. https://www.amd.com/system/files/DH-009-10.png this is what i'm talking about. So i will go on to the next problem, reply if you have a question to any of them because i can be a little confusing at times, very sorry. #2My next problem is that now whenever i connect my TV after a driver update for AMD it now zooms in 640x480 so when i'm making this i'm using 1 monitor because of that problem, pretty much all and thank you soo much for reading this all hope you have an answer bye *Tongue

:)

Stephengunn, Jul 13, 2018
  2. VCwer2 Win User

TV Display stuck in 640x480

Good afternoon! A little insight about the problem I am facing: my HP Laptop Display isn't working due to a problem with the LCVD cable and this is why I use my TV as the main screen of my computer via an HDMI cable. My TV has its resolution of 1920x1080.
    I am using a Windows 10 Education license.

Today I tried playing a 1999 game and the game had its settings set on resolution 640x480. All went fine until the game crashed, had to use different desktops to be able to stop the process, and now my TV is stuck in 640x480. The problem is that in Settings
    > System > Display the 3 labels under "Scale and layout" are greyed out, without any way for me to change the settings. The TV works on its normal resolution in HDMI mode when connected to my television receiver.

I have searched for a little while over the internet, but didn't find a viable solution. Maybe because there aren't a lot of people trying to play really old games on really advanced machines.

Post Scriptum: The game that caused me this problem is Tiberian Sun from EA Games, tried other games older or a bit newer than this one and didn't face a problem like this.

[ Moved from: Windows / Windows 10 / Desktop, Start, & personalization / Desktop ]

VCwer2, Jul 13, 2018
  3. client32 Win User
    Restore display from "remove this display"

I had right clicked on the desktop and selected Display settings. My TV was list as a monitor there. I selected the monitor and clicked
    Remove this display.

The above steps has not resolved my issue.

client32, Jul 13, 2018
  4. TV displays the same stuff as monitor and now it goes to 640x480

Multiple Monitors, display numbers not correct.

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I understand the inconvenience caused. I will be glad to assist you with this.

I would suggest you to Unplug the TV from the computer and try the steps given below:

1. Press Windows key + I to open settings

2. Click on "system"

3. Click on "display" on the left pane.

4. Click "advanced display settings"

5. Click "detect".

Once the second monitor is setup, I would suggest you to plug the TV and follow the same steps and check.

If that doesn't help, try switching the cables and check.

Do get back to us with the result. We will be glad to help if you need further assistance.

Wungraileng Vashi, Jul 13, 2018
Thema:

TV displays the same stuff as monitor and now it goes to 640x480

1. TV displays the same stuff as monitor and now it goes to 640x480 - Similar Threads - displays same stuff

2. Dual monitor display is not same.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Dual monitor display is not same.: Hi All,I all have Lenovo monitors one is LEN D32qc-20 and the other one is D32-40. Just wondering why the recommended display is until 1920x1080 but my other monitor is 2560 x 1440. Can anyone help me on how to make them same?...
  3. Dual monitor display is not same.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Dual monitor display is not same.: Hi All,I all have Lenovo monitors one is LEN D32qc-20 and the other one is D32-40. Just wondering why the recommended display is until 1920x1080 but my other monitor is 2560 x 1440. Can anyone help me on how to make them same?...
  4. Dual monitor display is not same.

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. 2 monitors showing the exact same stuff

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    2 monitors showing the exact same stuff: Went on my pc and both monitors were working fine suddenly both my monitors paused.I turned one of the monitors off and on but it then showed a plain green screen so I decided to turn my pc off and on. here is the problem, both my monitors show the exact same thing and when I...
  6. Third Monitor locked at 640x480

Third Monitor locked at 640x480: I am using a Dell Latitude 5400 connected to a Dell WD19 docking station with three Dell S2340Mc monitors two connected by DVI to DisplayPort; one connected by DVI to HDMI. The third monitor seems to always want to be locked at 640x480 resolution. I have attempted the...
  7. 1080p monitor and 4K TV to the same display size?

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    1080p monitor and 4K TV to the same display size?: Is it somehow possible to get both displays to the same size in the display settings despite different resolution ? Because it annoys me a lot when I go up sideways with the mouse that I end up at a different point on the TV than I am out of the monitor. [ATTACH]...
  8. Display on TV as monitor or miricast

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Display on TV as monitor or miricast: Windows 10, just updated, HP Pavilion Laptop, Intel I5 CPU. TV is Sony XBR55X850C Goal: Connect my laptop to the TV so I can display stuff on the TV. It is a UHD 4K TV. Problem: I have visited multiple site with a search that includes “windows 10” and keep getting...
  9. TV displays the same stuff as monitor and now it goes to 640x480

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    TV displays the same stuff as monitor and now it goes to 640x480: Ok, im not that amazing with computers like some of you, but i NOW have 2 problems i posted my first 1 on AMD forums but no real answers so here is my problem. #1 I used to use 1 monitor then one day i decided why not just hook up a TV for a dual monitor setup but when i did...
  10. HDMI TV (Display 2) Blinks When my Monitor (Display 1) goes to sleep

HDMI TV (Display 2) Blinks When my Monitor (Display 1) goes to sleep: Hi Everyone, I bought a new monitor last week and since setting it up I seem to be having some connection issues. In the past, I had one HDMI-out from the GPU to the AV Reciever by my TV (where I do most of my gaming) and a DVI out heading from my GPU to the PC monitor. It...