Windows 10: TV monitor as a second display

Discus and support TV monitor as a second display in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; My laptop doesn't have an HDMI port but it does have VGA so I bought an HDMI to VGA cable to connect to a TV monitor for a second display. The TV... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by madpdoug99, May 22, 2024.

1. TV monitor as a second display

My laptop doesn't have an HDMI port but it does have VGA so I bought an HDMI to VGA cable to connect to a TV monitor for a second display. The TV detects the HDMI connection, but it just says "no signal" and my laptop doesn't recognize a second display in the normal sense. It recognizes itself as a second display and every time I try to use windows button+ P to extend the displays, the screen on my laptop changes to the "second" display and then I can't see anything or do anything and have to restart my laptop. The TV monitor continues to say "no signal" no matter what I do. I don't know how t

:)

madpdoug99, May 22, 2024

2. No display on monitor when TV set as primary display

Issue solved

Removed DVI/HDMI cable from computer and monitor

Step 1: Check if the VGA monitor cable is defective.

1. Turn off computer
    2. Connect the monitor VGA cable from the monitor to the VGA port on the computer
    3. Turn on computer, VGA monitor cable is good.

Step 2: Tun off computer
    1. Connect HDMI Cable to HDMI port and TV
    2. Turn on computer and TV, there is no monitor black screen
    3. Click on the Windows logo, select the Settings icon , and then select

System. Under Display there are two squares, labeled 1 and 2

D Click on Advanced Display Settings:

Display information: Display 1- Monitor Display 2 -TV

E Right-click the Speakers icon in
      the taskbar, select Sound, click on Playback devices,

a s tv screen with my brand shows
      AMD High Definition Audio Device ready.

F. Problem solved

Cause of the problem: Defective VGA port on the Syba VGA HD15+ 3.5 Audio to HDMI converter

Rooben Kajima, May 22, 2024
  3. nickchat7 Win User
    Second monitor (TV) is plugged in, detected by Windows, but no signal

Today I purchased a DP -> HDMI cable to hook up from my PC’s NVIDIA GEFORCE RTX 2060 Super to a Toshiba 50LF621U19 Amazon Fire TV. DP end in the graphics card, HDMI end on the side of the TV, and alas, no signal.

Windows still detects the TV and interprets that a second monitor is present - the mouse can move to the second unviewable screen and do what it wants, and be brought back to the main monitor. Display settings allow me to tweak all the settings for the TV
    display but none of them make a signal appear.

Cable isn’t an issue - connects to other screens and displays them just fine. Computer shouldn’t be an issue either if it detects the TV and lets me configure the display that isn’t appearing. Computers have been able to connect to this TV just fine in the
    past, but now this one is having issues.

I’ve snooped around quite a few threads on the internet and found little to help my case here. Any suggestions?

The main monitor is an ASUS VP249QGR, 1080p @ 144Hz by the way.

nickchat7, May 22, 2024
  4. PeterT4 Win User

TV monitor as a second display

TV as second monitor not working

windows 10

1060 6gb graphics card.

Single monitor works fine via HDMI cable from graphics card. Got a display port cable with a hdmi on one end today so i can connect my TV as second monitor when i plug the display port it my monitor goes
    black and nothing comes up on the TV. I needed to unplug the replay port cable and rebot PC with button for my monitor to come back on. Thanks in advance.

PeterT4, May 22, 2024
Thema:

TV monitor as a second display

1. TV monitor as a second display - Similar Threads - monitor second display

2. TV monitor as a second display

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    TV monitor as a second display: My laptop doesn't have an HDMI port but it does have VGA so I bought an HDMI to VGA cable to connect to a TV monitor for a second display. The TV detects the HDMI connection, but it just says "no signal" and my laptop doesn't recognize a second display in the normal sense. It...
  3. Second Monitor Detected but Not Displayed

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Second Monitor Detected but Not Displayed: I have a YOGA 920 running Windows 11. Here is the specs: Device name DESKTOP-PHBFR7H Processor IntelR CoreTM i7-8550U CPU @ 1.80GHz 1.99 GHz Installed RAM 8.00 GB 7.84 GB usable Device ID 2C6DDC9C-8454-418B-A232-25A06FEF34DE Product ID 00325-96351-78859-AAOEM System type...
  4. [nVidia] - Second Display Not Working? - DVI Monitor & Second HDMI TV

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    [nVidia] - Second Display Not Working? - DVI Monitor & Second HDMI TV: Hi, Running current Windows 10 Home 64Bit version 21H1on a fairly new Dell desktop computer. Have an nVidia GeForce GTX 1650 Super graphic card with newest non-beta drivers. I have a monitor plugged into the DVI port on the nVidia graphic card. I recently plugged a second...
  5. Cannot connect TV as second display

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Cannot connect TV as second display: I am trying to connect my new Smart TV to my PC as a second Display, mirroring the desktop. I am using the same HDMI cable as I used for the previous TV. In Display Settings only the PCs Display is identified. I have tried restarting with no effect. How do I get the PC to...
  6. Second monitor display

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Second monitor display: I bought a surface usb-c to display adapter usb-c into VGA adapter since my computer doesn't have its own VGA port and I have connected them properly but my computer says that it doesnt recognize the connection. I have no signal to my second monitor and I have no idea how to...
  7. Display on Second Monitor

in Windows 10 Customization
    Display on Second Monitor: Hi, When I connected my laptop Windows 10 to the second display through HDMI, there is no extended or duplicate display on the second monitor. Is there anything else I have to do to make the second monitor/display working? I will appreciate advise. Thanks, Verma...
  8. TV as second display switching off

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    TV as second display switching off: I have been using my TV a hisense with a 6 year old acer laptop running windows 10 connected with an hdmi cable with no problems. I bought a Lenovo in August and the TV connects fine but when I drag a window to the tv and click the square to maximise the window the tv...
  9. Display Settings for Second Monitor

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Display Settings for Second Monitor: Display setting is not working for my second monitor since installing Windows 10 on my PC. It does not allow me to set up second monitor, please help. Have check driver set up, still not working....
  10. Display on TV as monitor or miricast

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Display on TV as monitor or miricast: Windows 10, just updated, HP Pavilion Laptop, Intel I5 CPU. TV is Sony XBR55X850C Goal: Connect my laptop to the TV so I can display stuff on the TV. It is a UHD 4K TV. Problem: I have visited multiple site with a search that includes “windows 10” and keep getting...