Windows 10: TV/Monitor Out Of Range

Discus and support TV/Monitor Out Of Range in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; One of my kids uses TV for monitor. TV has 2 video inputs HDMI or VGA. The output is on-board video of i5, Win 10. Everything was working fine for... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by MXKXM, Aug 20, 2019.

1. MXKXM Win User

TV/Monitor Out Of Range

One of my kids uses TV for monitor. TV has 2 video inputs HDMI or VGA. The output is on-board video of i5, Win 10. Everything was working fine for years until one day for whatever reason through right click I selected Display Settings and set something (I don't remember what now) thinking it will give me the usual 15 seconds and it will revert itself if it doesn't work. Was I wrong!! It just set whatever I selected, went [Out of Range] and NEVER returned! The setting is there to THIS DAY! The only way to be able to use it was to connect HDMI and VGA at the same time to pretend there is 2 monitors connected and then set it as DUPLICATE Displays. Whatever I've set I was unable to unset and it's been now months like that, but this cannot go on! I need to know how to reset to default on-board graphics driver. I cannot find such simple information ANYWHERE (at least that would work for me) HELP!

:)

MXKXM, Aug 20, 2019

2. No display on monitor when TV set as primary display

Issue solved

Removed DVI/HDMI cable from computer and monitor

Step 1: Check if the VGA monitor cable is defective.

1. Turn off computer
    2. Connect the monitor VGA cable from the monitor to the VGA port on the computer
    3. Turn on computer, VGA monitor cable is good.

Step 2: Tun off computer
    1. Connect HDMI Cable to HDMI port and TV
    2. Turn on computer and TV, there is no monitor black screen
    3. Click on the Windows logo, select the Settings icon , and then select

System. Under Display there are two squares, labeled 1 and 2

D Click on Advanced Display Settings:

Display information: Display 1- Monitor Display 2 -TV

E Right-click the Speakers icon in
      the taskbar, select Sound, click on Playback devices,

a s tv screen with my brand shows
      AMD High Definition Audio Device ready.

F. Problem solved

Cause of the problem: Defective VGA port on the Syba VGA HD15+ 3.5 Audio to HDMI converter

Rooben Kajima, Aug 20, 2019
  3. Junaid_A Win User
    Dual monitor issue - 2nd monitor "out of range"

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community forum.

The error message Out of Range usually occurs when the video card feeds the monitor, a signal stream in excess from what the monitor can handle.

I suggest you to try the steps listed below and see if it works for you:

• Boot the computer in
      Safe Mode
      , and right click on the Desktop.
    • Select Display Properties and choose a lower resolution.
    • Reboot the machine and check if it works.
    • If the issue persists, boot the computer again in
      Safe Mode
      , and go to Display Properties.
    • Click on Advanced Display Settings, and choose
      Display Adapter properties.
    • Under Monitor tab, choose
      60 Hz
      as the Screen Refresh rate.
    • Apply the changes, boot the PC in normal mode to see if it works.

Regards,

Junaid_A, Aug 20, 2019
  4. Allan Mej Win User

TV/Monitor Out Of Range

Monitor 1 out of Range Error

Hi Jill,

It is possible that the signal from your video adapter exceeds the scan range of your monitor. Also, It is possible that the refresh rate of your
    PC is incompatible with your monitor. To further assist your concern, kindly answer these following questions:

• Is your monitor equipped with either G-Sync™ or FreeSync™ technology?
    • Are you connecting your monitor to your GPU or to your motherboard?

We'll be looking forward for your reply.

Regards.

Allan Mej, Aug 20, 2019
Thema:

TV/Monitor Out Of Range

1. TV/Monitor Out Of Range - Similar Threads - Monitor Range

2. Monitor error: signal frequency is out of range please change signal timing

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Monitor error: signal frequency is out of range please change signal timing: When I plug my HP Stream laptop running Windows 11 into my iiyama monitor I get the following message on the monitor:ATTENTIONSIGNAL FREQUENCY IS OUT OF RANGEH: 67.5KHz V:60.0HzPLEASE CHANGE SIGNAL TIMINGI use this same monitor with one other windows laptop and one macbook...
  3. Monitor error: signal frequency is out of range please change signal timing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Monitor error: signal frequency is out of range please change signal timing: When I plug my HP Stream laptop running Windows 11 into my iiyama monitor I get the following message on the monitor:ATTENTIONSIGNAL FREQUENCY IS OUT OF RANGEH: 67.5KHz V:60.0HzPLEASE CHANGE SIGNAL TIMINGI use this same monitor with one other windows laptop and one macbook...
  4. My main monitor says out of range so I plug in another monitor and it turns on then when I...

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    My main monitor says out of range so I plug in another monitor and it turns on then when I...: I have to do this https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-main-monitor-says-out-of-range-so-i-plug-in/94d654bb-1057-4f26-9a15-b0e5a29ac1e2
  5. My main monitor says out of range so I plug in another monitor and it turns on then when I...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My main monitor says out of range so I plug in another monitor and it turns on then when I...: I have to do this https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-main-monitor-says-out-of-range-so-i-plug-in/94d654bb-1057-4f26-9a15-b0e5a29ac1e2
  6. My main monitor says out of range so I plug in another monitor and it turns on then when I...

7. Monitor showing out of range .

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Monitor showing out of range .: Hello sir, I am using Asus monitor 22 inch . But when i am install windows i used dell small monitor. It's successfully installed. And running better . But the problem is when i am change my monitor asus After star my computer it shows out of range . And i cant go into safe...
  8. Monitor showing out of range .

Monitor showing out of range .: Hello sir, I am using Asus monitor 22 inch . But when i am install windows i used dell small monitor. It's successfully installed. And running better . But the problem is when i am change my monitor asus After star my computer it shows out of range . And i cant go into safe...
  9. Monitor showing out of range .

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  10. Removed second monitor. Can't get correct resolution. "Input signal out of range"

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Removed second monitor. Can't get correct resolution. "Input signal out of range": I removed a second monitor from my wife's computer. Now the only monitor has the wrong resolution, displays the message "Input signal out of range" and goes to sleep after about a minute.I can't adjust the resolution to the recommended 1920 x 1080 it doesn't appear in the...