Windows 10: Tv-Monitor reboots randomly

Discus and support Tv-Monitor reboots randomly in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hi everyone, for a month or so I have a samsung tv-monitor (27 TV monitor with the blue Touch of Colour (Black) (LT27D390EW/XU) | Support | SAMSUNG UK... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by billakoss, Nov 9, 2015.

1. billakoss Win User

Tv-Monitor reboots randomly

Hi everyone, for a month or so I have a samsung tv-monitor (27 TV monitor with the blue Touch of Colour (Black) (LT27D390EW/XU) | Support | SAMSUNG UK ) .
    Problem is that sometimes (rarely tbh -like once a day) the monitor reboots itself (the screen for 1 sec turns black in my next sec throws the Samsung logo and then it comes back to where it was before.
    The monitor is connected to hdmi cable at 1080p resolution and I also have and an internal S / PDIF cable to get the sound passing from the motherboard to the gpu.
    I sent the monitor to Samsung where they told me that this is a software problem that comes with windows 10 and that as far as they are concerned there is no solution to this other than reverting to windows 7. I had already installed windows 10 (clean install) when i bought the monitor so i do not know for myself if that is true and it sounds to me pretty strange that this is software related.
    Does anybody has this problem too? or has any idea what might be causing it or any possible solution?
    I have already tried installing the drivers that samsung have on their site but it wont fix the problem.

:)

billakoss, Nov 9, 2015

2. Display

Hello Joe

It is not a monitor, it is a TV. Why does rebooting correct the situation?

Sandy

SandyDraper, Nov 9, 2015
  3. trbogt Win User
    Display

Quote>

I am using a desktop.

The monitor settings have never been changed from default.

Quote>

It is not a monitor, it is a TV

Hi...now you say TV

You have to be more specific please

Are you using HDMI to your TV as a second Monitor display?

You have some posts confused...I never suggested to reboot.

*john

trbogt, Nov 9, 2015
  4. spapakons Win User

I would try to replace the monitor driver with Generic PnP monitor and see if this works. Click on the search icon, type device and click to open Device Manager. Then expand monitors, right-click on your monitor and select Update driver. Select the last option a couple of times until you see a list of models. Uncheck the box Show compatible devices to see all models. From standard monitors select Generic PnP monitor and install it.

spapakons, Nov 9, 2015
  5. billakoss Win User
    Thanks for the reply, i've already tried that but it didn't work. I had generic pnp drivers when the problem first appeared and i thought they were the problem.Then i installed the site drivers and the problem still remains.

billakoss, Nov 9, 2015
  6. spapakons Win User
    Could it be any power saving feature? Go at power settings and disable anything related to the display. Also check the manual of the TV for any such feature. Also check you don't have a "blank screen" screensaver activated.

spapakons, Nov 9, 2015
  7. billakoss Win User
    I have disabled any power options for saving power and stuff like that, no screensavers. It is not a matter of computer being inactive, as the monitor restarts while playing games or while browsing or while working on excel. It does it quite randomly.

billakoss, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Tv-Monitor reboots randomly - Similar Threads - Monitor reboots randomly

2. TV as duplicate monitor

in Windows 10 Gaming
    TV as duplicate monitor: Hello, I hope you can help! I have a Dell Inspiron 3847 desktop PC. I ran an HDMI cable from the single HDMI port on the back panel of my PC to the HDMI-2 port on the TV, I have set the PC display settings to duplicate the screens and all was working fine, I switch to input 2...
  3. TV as 2nd monitor

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    TV as 2nd monitor: Hello, I hope you can help! I have a Dell Inspiron 3847 desktop PC. I ran an HDMI cable from the single HDMI port on the back panel of my PC to the HDMI-2 port on the TV, I have set the PC display settings to duplicate the screens and all was working fine, I switch to input 2...
  4. Random External TV/Monitor Display Turning Off & Back On

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Random External TV/Monitor Display Turning Off & Back On: Dell G5 15 Laptop, running Windows 10 - drivers, Windows Updates, etc. kept up to dateTV is a Vizeo V505-G9 - keeps itself up to date on firmware/software/etc.Monitors are Acer KG251QDetails Happened on more than one setup.TV only on HDMI, external monitor on USBC/Thunderbolt...
  5. Random External TV/Monitor Display Turning Off & Back On

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Random External TV/Monitor Display Turning Off & Back On: Dell G5 15 Laptop, running Windows 10 - drivers, Windows Updates, etc. kept up to dateTV is a Vizeo V505-G9 - keeps itself up to date on firmware/software/etc.Monitors are Acer KG251QDetails Happened on more than one setup.TV only on HDMI, external monitor on USBC/Thunderbolt...
  6. Random External TV/Monitor Display Turning Off & Back On

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  7. TV Monitor

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    TV Monitor: I have an older 4yrs ASUS laptop which I plug into an 32" RCA TV used for my monitor. Works great!. I finally bought a 15" HP laptop and tried the same, but no display on the TV. When I shut the TV off, the laptop "beeps" so it knows it's there, just not displaying anything....
  8. Sony TV Monitor

Sony TV Monitor: How do you adjust screen size on the tv monitor so I can see the tool bar? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/sony-tv-monitor/8de2dcd3-de0a-4431-b0ab-5a33b65c7851
  9. RANDOM REBOOT AND MONITOR GOES DARK

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    RANDOM REBOOT AND MONITOR GOES DARK: My display goes dark anywhere from 30 seconds to as long as 20 minutes, when this happens my desktop case power button and reset button become disabled as well, everything else stays on. I have to go to back of my pc and turn it off at the power supply and turn it on again...
  10. monitor vs tv

monitor vs tv: A newbie question: I have been looking for either a monitor or a tv for my Intel Compute Stick which is running Win 10 Home. The screen size I have in mind is about 21-24 inch. As I was surfing for prices from various sites, i.e. Walmart, Amazon, Bestbuy, eBay etc, and...