Windows 10: TV primary display

Discus and support TV primary display in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Issue: incorrect multiple display setting. Unable reset display setting with a monitor black screen. No sound from TV due to AMD High Definition... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Rooben Kajima, Mar 15, 2019.

1. TV primary display

Issue: incorrect multiple display setting. Unable reset display setting with a monitor black screen. No sound from TV due to AMD High Definition Audio Device Not Plugged In.

The monitor goes black because the TV is the primary display

When VGA is connected to Syba VGA HD15+ 3.5 Audio to HDMI converter to TV, monitor screen goes black with no source signal showing. VGA No Signal" message means my monitor is working okay but is not getting a signal from my computer. This is expected since my monitor is DVI connected to computer HDMI port not a VGA port.

Now when the VGA cable is disconnected, the pc monitor screen is display. The problem is I can't reset display with a black monitor screen with no source signal. IF I click on detect, computer is not detecting the TV. No squre 1 and 2 is shown. I'm able to watch TV with a black pc monitor screen and sound coming from PC.

I think this what happen: Since the computer was coneccted to TV while being reset and installing Windows 10 it was formatted as the primary display. I did to undo this setting

Before resetting my computer and updating Windows 10, I was able to connect computer to TV. I was able to go to display settings menu. Click on Detect. which told the computer to look for the TV I was connected to. There were two squares, labeled 1 and 2, in the display settings window. Computer detected my TV. Display 1-TV, Display 2- monitor. I selected 2/1. I was able to watch everything on the TV with the sound coming from the computer. The only issue I had was no sound from TV. Reason: AMD High Definition Audio Device Not Plugged In

Control window logo +P shows project: extend, duplicate etc.

The Radeon setting it shows : Display 1 spec(hp 2011, dvi-d(AMD Radeon (tm) r4 graphics))

monitor connection: DVI with HDMI connected to tower

VGA from computer tower to converter, HDMI from converter to TV

TV input: HDMI

How can I reset display options? Do I need to reinstall Windows 10? Will Windows 10 fix the problem?

:)

Rooben Kajima, Mar 15, 2019
  2. Arun B J Win User

Windows 10 Login Screen not respecting primary display. Identity Issues?

Hi,

I understand your concern and will assist you to resolve this issue.

I suggest you to follow the steps below and check if it helps.

• Press Windows +X.

• Select Control panel.

• Click on Display.

• Select Change display settings at top left corner.

• Click on Identify then you will be able to check the primary display.
    Keep us posted on this issue so that we can assist you better.

Arun B J, Mar 15, 2019
  3. How do I make games open on the primary display?

I have 3 monitors on a nvidia GTX660Ti, with the latest drivers, on windows 10, upgraded from win7, on a PC that I have been gaming on for quite some time now. The hardware itself has been an excellent gaming rig up until the windows upgrade and/or the
    nvidia driver upgrade, but now a number of my games will not start on the primary display, they start on the first display in the list, which is not marked as primary. Both the windows display settings and the nvidia control panel have my central monitor
    identified as the primary display.

• Has anybody encountered this behavior?
    • Is it likely to be windows 10 related or decided by the nvidia driver?
    • Any suggestions on getting this to behave properly, like it used to, without requiring me to disable the other displays to get the primary to be used?

Les Ferguson, Mar 15, 2019
  4. TV primary display

Cant set TV as my Primary Monitor

Hi,

Thank you for posting the query on Microsoft Community.

It could be due to incorrect settings or missing/corrupt drivers or missing updates.

What and all steps have you tried so far?

I suggest you to try the steps provided below and check if it helps.

Restart the computer a few times and check for Windows Updates.

In the Search box on the taskbar, enter Windows Update, select Windows Update. On the Windows Update page, select Check for updates.

Try to run Hardware Troubleshooter. It checks for common issues and makes sure that any new device or hardware attached to your computer was installed correctly.

a. Press Windows Logo Key+X then click on Search option.

b. Type “Troubleshooting” without quotes and click on
    Troubleshooting

c. In the new window, click View all on the left pane.

d. In the list of options, click on Hardware and devices.

e. Click Next and follow the on-screen instructions.

Go to Settings and change/set it to Primary.

• Press Windows Logo Key+I. Click on System and then on Display.
    • Make sure it is set as Primary.

Hope this helps in resolving the issue. If the issue persists, do get back to us. We will be happy to assist you.

Kalpana Shankarappa, Mar 15, 2019
Thema:

TV primary display

1. TV primary display - Similar Threads - primary display

2. When I set my second monitor as my primary display in Windows 10, is portrait possible?...

in Windows 10 Customization
    When I set my second monitor as my primary display in Windows 10, is portrait possible?...: I need help to print screen Full Screen Mode of a letter in PDF format; but due to laptop screen is landscape, I am using external monitor.However, when Print Screen sometimes don't work, reboot always work but I prefer not to re-open my documents and Apps.When I set my...
  3. When I set my second monitor as my primary display in Windows 10, is portrait possible?...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    When I set my second monitor as my primary display in Windows 10, is portrait possible?...: I need help to print screen Full Screen Mode of a letter in PDF format; but due to laptop screen is landscape, I am using external monitor.However, when Print Screen sometimes don't work, reboot always work but I prefer not to re-open my documents and Apps.When I set my...
  4. When I set my second monitor as my primary display in Windows 10, is portrait possible?...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Why do all of my applications move to my primary display whenever the machine sleeps or...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why do all of my applications move to my primary display whenever the machine sleeps or...: I have a Windows 10 Home machine, running on Intel i7-11700F w/ 32G of main mem. I have a pair of monitors connected to an NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3060. My drivers are up-to-date.Until earlier this week, I'd had two 1920x1080 24" monitors connected to the machine. Differing...
  6. Why do all of my applications move to my primary display whenever the machine sleeps or...

Why do all of my applications move to my primary display whenever the machine sleeps or...: I have a Windows 10 Home machine, running on Intel i7-11700F w/ 32G of main mem. I have a pair of monitors connected to an NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3060. My drivers are up-to-date.Until earlier this week, I'd had two 1920x1080 24" monitors connected to the machine. Differing...
  7. Why do all of my applications move to my primary display whenever the machine sleeps or...

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  8. Windows 11 slideshow background uses resolution from primary display to apply stretch...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 slideshow background uses resolution from primary display to apply stretch...: Is there a way to have different stretched/tiled images on dual monitors from the same source folder, the way windows 10 did it automatically? Just switched to windows 11 and between this and the crappy new start menu im already regretting it. Windows 10 start menu was way...
  9. Windows 11 slideshow background uses resolution from primary display to apply stretch...

Windows 11 slideshow background uses resolution from primary display to apply stretch...: Is there a way to have different stretched/tiled images on dual monitors from the same source folder, the way windows 10 did it automatically? Just switched to windows 11 and between this and the crappy new start menu im already regretting it. Windows 10 start menu was way...
  10. My screen saver only displays to my laptop even when my monitor is set as the primary display.

My screen saver only displays to my laptop even when my monitor is set as the primary display.: I really wanted to have a screensaver that appears on my monitor but when it activated it only appears on my laptop and my monitor stays blank. I have set my monitor as my primary display but it still doesn't work. I have my monitor on extend and i like it that way, please...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. tv showing as primary monitor