Windows 10: TV screen resolution

Discus and support TV screen resolution in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Hello, I cracked the LCD on my laptop, so thru HDMI, I hooked it up to my TV. I need to make it so the resolution fits the TV. the max res im... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Tyler Tomko, May 20, 2019.

1. TV screen resolution

Hello,

I cracked the LCD on my laptop, so thru HDMI, I hooked it up to my TV.

I need to make it so the resolution fits the TV. the max res im getting on the tv is 1920x1080. the tv is full HD 1080p. is my computer not compatible?

Thanks,

Tyla

:)

Tyler Tomko, May 20, 2019
  2. Jomel Ber Win User

Increasing mirrored screen resolution

Hi Sam,

To further assist you, we would like to know what is the make and model of your HD TV? We also suggest that you check if there's an option to change the resolution through your TV.

You can also follow these steps on how to adjust screen resolution through Control Panel:

• Open Control Panel, under Appearance and Personalization, click
      Adjust screen resolution.
    • Click the name of your HD TV, then click the drop down for Resolution.

Let us know if you need further assistance.

Thank you.

Jomel Ber, May 20, 2019
  3. Geethu B Win User
    Blank Screen When Connecting Windows 10 Laptop to TV

Hi Antinet,

Thank you for contacting Microsoft Community. I understand that you have an issue with connecting laptop to TV.
    I will surely help you to fix this issue.

To understand the issue better, let me know what is the make and model of the laptop?

This issue could have occurred due to these reasons:

1. Not connected properly.

2. Incorrect screen resolution or display settings.

Try the steps listed here:

Method 1:

I suggest you to disconnect the HDMI cable and try to connect it by following these steps:

a. Turn off your computer and position it within easy reach of your TV. Disconnect the monitor, but leave the mouse and keyboard connected.

b. Connect the appropriate video cable from your computer's output to your TV.

c. Turn on your TV and set it to the input that matches the output on your computer. You might need to refer to the user's guide included with your TV for instructions
    on how to do this.

d. Turn on your computer.

e. You should see Windows displayed on your TV. If the screen looks stretched, or part of the screen seems cut off, you probably need to adjust the screen resolution
    in Windows.

f. If you can't see Windows on your TV, you might need to reconnect the computer to your monitor and adjust the screen resolution before you connect to your
    TV.

To adjust screen resolution follow this steps:

a. Right click on the screen and select
    Screen Resolution.

b. Check if the resolution is set to 1024x768.

c. If it is not, then set it to 1024x768.

Method 2:

If the issue persists, I suggest you to change the screen resolution and check if it helps.

Hope this information helps. Reply to the post with an updated status of the issue so that we can assist you further.

Geethu B, May 20, 2019
  4. Arjay Dom Win User

TV screen resolution

TV resolution problem

Hi,

1920x1080 is the standard resolution for TV's in full HD.

For us to better assist you, please answer the following questions:

• Have you tried changing the resolution of the monitor through Intel HD Graphics Control Panel?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you tried so far?

In the meantime, go to Intel HD Graphics Control Panel and try changing the resolution to get the best picture and size of the video displayed on your monitor.

Update us with the outcome so we can provide further assistance.

Arjay Dom, May 20, 2019
Thema:

TV screen resolution

1. TV screen resolution - Similar Threads - screen resolution

2. Apps large on screen, not related to scaling or resolution

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Apps large on screen, not related to scaling or resolution: Suddenly everything on my screen is HUGE! Icons, Apps, Fonts...Screen Resolution is "Recommended", 1920X1080. Scale is 100%. This is not related to the monitor, other computers plugged to the same monitor show fine. This effects all programs. I checked for driver updates....
  3. Apps large on screen, not related to scaling or resolution

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Apps large on screen, not related to scaling or resolution: Suddenly everything on my screen is HUGE! Icons, Apps, Fonts...Screen Resolution is "Recommended", 1920X1080. Scale is 100%. This is not related to the monitor, other computers plugged to the same monitor show fine. This effects all programs. I checked for driver updates....
  4. My monitor screen is suddenly stuck in the wrong resolution win 10, i can't set the setting...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My monitor screen is suddenly stuck in the wrong resolution win 10, i can't set the setting...: My monitor is lg hdr wfhd, tried updating and uninstalling but nothing happened, it remains to stay the wrong size 1024 x 768, IT WAS FINE that i've brought it after few days till then?? a gaming one.Maybe something wrong with display driver? All it says unknown in the info,...
  5. My monitor screen is suddenly stuck in the wrong resolution win 10, i can't set the setting...

My monitor screen is suddenly stuck in the wrong resolution win 10, i can't set the setting...: My monitor is lg hdr wfhd, tried updating and uninstalling but nothing happened, it remains to stay the wrong size 1024 x 768, IT WAS FINE that i've brought it after few days till then?? a gaming one.Maybe something wrong with display driver? All it says unknown in the info,...
  6. My monitor screen is suddenly stuck in the wrong resolution win 10, i can't set the setting...

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  7. How can I fix a big screen resolution problem??

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How can I fix a big screen resolution problem??: I suddenly changed the settings of display resolution and it's showing too big a screen .. and now I can't fix this ...how can I fix this ?? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-can-i-fix-a-big-screen-resolution-problem/b7f6a29d-57f5-4d19-bf0c-8bc5ff4ca49c
  8. How can I fix a big screen resolution problem??

How can I fix a big screen resolution problem??: I suddenly changed the settings of display resolution and it's showing too big a screen .. and now I can't fix this ...how can I fix this ?? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-can-i-fix-a-big-screen-resolution-problem/b7f6a29d-57f5-4d19-bf0c-8bc5ff4ca49c
  9. GTA 5 screen resolution laptop problem

in Windows 10 Gaming
    GTA 5 screen resolution laptop problem: i try to play gta 5, the screen resolution on the in-game setting menu stuck at 1366x768, i want to change that to 800x600 my laptop is not high spec , this is my specs:IntelR CoreTM i5-6300U CPU @ 2.40GHz 2.50 GHz16GB RAM 256GB SSD Intel HD Graphics 520Laptop lenovo thinkpad...
  10. GTA 5 screen resolution laptop problem

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    GTA 5 screen resolution laptop problem: i try to play gta 5, the screen resolution on the in-game setting menu stuck at 1366x768, i want to change that to 800x600 my laptop is not high spec , this is my specs:IntelR CoreTM i5-6300U CPU @ 2.40GHz 2.50 GHz16GB RAM 256GB SSD Intel HD Graphics 520Laptop lenovo thinkpad...