Windows 10: TV video library shows on WMP PC but PC server/WMP not on TV?

Discus and support TV video library shows on WMP PC but PC server/WMP not on TV? in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; HI there, I can get the TV contents of attached USB's/HDD over to my PC on WMP but not the reverse which is what I want. The TV doesn't show my PC... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Daniell, Dec 20, 2019.

1. Daniell Win User

TV video library shows on WMP PC but PC server/WMP not on TV?

HI there,
    I can get the TV contents of attached USB's/HDD over to my PC on WMP but not the reverse which is what I want. The TV doesn't show my PC server at all (W10 ver. 1909) It is, however, listed on WMP and Movies & TV app.
    Any ideas welcomed.

:)

Daniell, Dec 20, 2019
  2. Dartz75 Win User

New files added into WMP12 library are not showing on my Smart TV?

Hi All,

I am using Windows Media Player (WMP) 12 on my Windows 10 Computer (with Media Streaming ENABLED) to stream content to my Samsung UHD Series 7 TV. In order for content to appear on the TV it is necessary to add folder location into WMP Libraries (by using
    the Manage Libraries feature).

For some time whenever I added files to folders, which belong to the Videos Library, they instantly became available to my TV. However presently whenever I add a new file it does not show up on the TV.

I have tried the following to try and remedy the situation -

1). Removed all folders from the Videos Library in WMP

2). Manually deleted all (database) files from the WMP location (C:\Users\[User_Name]\Local Settings\Application Data\Microsoft\Media Player)

3). Rebooted the computer

*** At this stage no videos were available on the TV, as you would expect ***

4). Opened WMP

5). Re-added relevant folders to the Video Library

6). Rebooted the computer

Now when I look at the TV I see the same files that were present before performing the above steps, i.e.: it is still not possible to see newly added files.

My issue still persists and I am wondering if there is anything else which might be causing this odd behaviour?

Kind Regards,

Davo

Dartz75, Dec 20, 2019
  3. New files added into WMP12 library are not showing on my Smart TV?

Hello,

Since you have tried to troubleshoot the WMP, the issue can be on your Smart TV itself. To isolate the concern, we can try a few things and check which one will work to resolve the issue.

• Can you try to disable the Media Streaming feature on your WMP before deleting all folders from the Videos Library in WMP? Once done, enable the Media Streaming feature again and check if the files or folders are still the same on your TV.
    • If the issue is still the same, can you try to manually delete the files or folders from your TV itself? It may be directly stored on your TV. You can check out with your TV manufacturer on how to verify if there is a storage limit on your TV.
    • You can also reboot your TV after you have deleted all files and then start to add relevant folders to the Video Library again.

Let us know which one works for you.

Jennifer Bri, Dec 20, 2019
  4. Bree Win User

Unable to Cast to Device to my Smart TV

WMP streaming is not required to be able to Cast. What WMP streaming provides is the ability to use the PC as a media server. Streaming is initiated by your TV. From your Smart TV's remote control you can browse for media servers and call for a video from WMP's library to play on the TV.

Casting is initiated from the PC and works with or without WMP streaming. Can you cast any other videos? If so, one possible reason for the error may be the particular encoding used in this video. Your TV may not have an appropriate codec.

Another possibility is that the TV has got itself into an 'odd' state. Test for this by turning it off then back on again using its power switch (not just the Standby button on the remote).

Thema:

1. TV video library shows on WMP PC but PC server/WMP not on TV? - Similar Threads - video library shows

2. Vimeo videos out-of-sync when playing in WMP and Windows Film/TV app

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Vimeo videos out-of-sync when playing in WMP and Windows Film/TV app: Good day,I am reaching out as part of Vimeo's Video-Platform QA team. We've noticed support tickets coming in regarding Vimeo-transcoded videos not playing properly when played in WMP ~ this behavior is not noticeable when playing in Quicktime, VLC, and any other media...
  3. WMP Library and OneDive dilemma

in Windows 10 Support
    WMP Library and OneDive dilemma: Hello all, For a while I've been trying to resolve this issue but I don't know how. I use WMP and I would like to put all of my music files on OneDrive and let WMP view the Music library from OneDrive. There is one problem with this though. When making my music files on...
  4. video stuttering PC to TV

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    video stuttering PC to TV: hey all i'm having a problem with some videogames playing from my pc to my tv. not sure if right place or not but figured i'd try here first. what's happening is there's a noticably video lag spike when i'm playing some games (but not all) on TV from my PC. it's not...
  5. Movies & TV and WMP not showing on TV as server?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Movies & TV and WMP not showing on TV as server?: Hi all. I've done a fresh install of Win10 (Ver. 1909) on one machine and an upgrade on another from Win7 Ultimate (Win10 Ver. 1903). The former doesn't show the PC on my LG C8 OLED when I use it's video player app as a listed server. I can cast to it with individual files...
  6. WMP library

WMP library: How do I get my WMP library to populate? I have ripped most of my large CD collection to my laptop. In the past, after reorganising my collection I have deleted everything from the library and the library has automatically repopulated. Today I cannot get the library to...
  7. WMP Rip To Library

WMP Rip To Library: I use Windows Media Player to rip audiobook CDs to my hard drive. When I start a new audiobook I open WMP, click tools, options, rip music. Under rip music to this location I click change and select the folder that I want the files to go into. Then click okay and apply....
  8. Editing the default WMP library?

Editing the default WMP library?: I expect this is embarrassingly obvious, but in WMP how do I reduce the content of its Library, which by default appears to include everything on my PC, including backups etc. My illustration is more specific: [img] 1. How do I delete these external HDs from the...
  9. How to show extensions in WMP library?

How to show extensions in WMP library?: [img] -- Terry, East Grinstead, UK 56434
  10. WMP Server Problem

WMP Server Problem: I recently purchased a new HP laptop preinstalled with Windows 10. I set up the Windows Media Player to act as a server to my other devices as I did on my previous laptop running Windows 7. That includes my music, video, and photos. However only the music folder shows up on...