Windows 10: TVs go black for a few seconds

Discus and support TVs go black for a few seconds in Windows 10 Graphic Cards to solve the problem; I have a Windows 10 64-bit ASUS installed in a church. It's primary function is to play video. As such, I have a 24" monitor hooked up through a DVI... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Graphic Cards' started by robisindy, Apr 11, 2016.

1. robisindy Win User

TVs go black for a few seconds

I have a Windows 10 64-bit ASUS installed in a church. It's primary function is to play video. As such, I have a 24" monitor hooked up through a DVI cable, which sits at our audio/video console. Then I have HDMI out running into an HDMI to SDI converter, which runs to an SDI splitter and out to 6 TVs placed throughout the building, each with an SDI to HDMI converter to bring the picture into the TV.

I've got them set up as extended display, with the 24" monitor as my main display. Both display 1 and display 2 are set at the same resolution and refresh rates. The extended desktop displays fine, and we have our video player set so that we pull up the controls on the main display and the video itself outputs to display 2. That works perfectly.

However, the one problem I find is that anytime I pull the mouse off of the main display aND onto display 2, all of the TVs go black for a few seconds. If I stop moving the mouse or drag the pointer back onto display 1 the picture comes back. The 24" main display always stays on; only the extended displays lose picture. So if I want to display anything where I need to be able to work within the program window on that display 2 (to navigate a website or something so that the audience can view it on the screen), I cannot do it. I can drag a program to the extended screen, but it will only work for a second or two before going black as long as I'm trying to use the mouse on that display. Even if it is just sitting on the desktop out sites the same thing.

Before we had the current setup for our system, this same PC was hooked to a projector through an extended HDMI cable that was attached at a wall plate. When it was hooked in that way (without the SDI converters between), this problem did not occur.

I have tried turning on pointer trails, adjusting resolution down, updating the graphics driver, and changing from extended display to duplicate display, but so far nothing has eliminated the problem. On duplicate display any mutton of the mouse would cause the TVs to go black but the 24" monitor would be fine. I know others that have pretty much the same setup in their building as we do, and none I've talked to have experienced this same problem.

Amy suggestions for what I might try in Windows to get rid of this issue? Or do you think that perhaps it must be some problem with the HDMI to SDI converter? Again, it displays HD video without a flaw. It is only the mouse pointer that is causing the extended displays to go dark.

:)

robisindy, Apr 11, 2016

2. Screen went black for a few seconds. When it came back, resolution was different.

I was browsing using Chrome. Suddenly the screen went black for a few seconds. When it came back, the resolution was completely different. I tried changing it in Chrome but realized that the problem was with Windows. I looked at the desktop and it was
    much larger than normal, reminded me of when you start in Safe Mode. In addition, there were about 6 desktop icons that were not there before. My display resolution was set to Recommended 1024x768 as it was before. I changed it to 1280x1024 and it now looks
    close to how it was, but is not quite the same. I'm doing an SFC scan as I write this. Any help appreciated.

drahcirrentar, Apr 11, 2016
  3. Screen Mirroring not working after upgrading to Windows 10

Me too in the same Boat TVs go black for a few seconds :((

Post Windows 10 upgrade, My laptop says it is connected to Samsung Smart TV but TV just shows black screen for few seconds before disconnecting automatically !!!

Vijay Math, Apr 11, 2016
Thema:

TVs go black for a few seconds

1. TVs go black for a few seconds - Similar Threads - TVs black few

2. monitor goes black for a few seconds.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    monitor goes black for a few seconds.: So I have two monitors. The second one always gets detected as no1 when plugged in. It doesnt matter if its HDMI or DP.The main monitor set to 2 in the control panel is a viewsonic HDR monitor. HDMI 2.1 and Dp1.4a.This happens only in 1 game. during normal use this has never...
  3. monitor goes black for a few seconds.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    monitor goes black for a few seconds.: So I have two monitors. The second one always gets detected as no1 when plugged in. It doesnt matter if its HDMI or DP.The main monitor set to 2 in the control panel is a viewsonic HDR monitor. HDMI 2.1 and Dp1.4a.This happens only in 1 game. during normal use this has never...
  4. Screen goes black for a few seconds when going fullscreen in games

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Screen goes black for a few seconds when going fullscreen in games: I recently got a new laptop, and I am trying to play a game on it Minecraft, but whenever I go fullscreen, my screen goes black for a few seconds. This only happens on an external monitor. I keep my laptop screen closed and just use the second monitor, but if I change my...
  5. random black screen for a few seconds

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    random black screen for a few seconds: As the title says, I've been having random black screen. Happens once in a few days and looks like lost signal (screen turns off for a few seconds and then turns back on) but when it happens some apps like photoshop and blender always crash. Everything else works fine and...
  6. my second than third monitors are going black after a few seconds

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    my second than third monitors are going black after a few seconds: Something I have changed is causing my second and third monitors to go black after some seconds Have tried checking power setting but all looks good?...
  7. Computer Suddenly Going Black For A Few Seconds and Freezing Then Coming Back On

in Windows 10 Customization
    Computer Suddenly Going Black For A Few Seconds and Freezing Then Coming Back On: Hi there, don't know where to go as I am not computer savvy at all. My computer has all of a sudden been crashing the games I am playing and freezing and having the screen go black for a few seconds. The specs are a evga 2070 super, windows 10, i7-9700k, z390 pro4...
  8. Monitor going black for few seconds

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Monitor going black for few seconds: I have a Dell SE2416H external monitor going black for a few seconds. This will happen 3 or 4 time within 5 minutes and not again for a one or two hours. I have a Dell Laptop 15-5567 connected with a Moread MDMI adapter. I am not even sure how to troubleshoot this. ANY help?...
  9. Monitor going black for few seconds

in Windows 10 Support
    Monitor going black for few seconds: I have a Dell SE2416H external monitor going black for a few seconds. This will happen 3 or 4 time within 5 minutes and not again for a one or two hours. I have a Dell Laptop 15-5567 connected with a Moread MDMI adapter. I am not even sure how to troubleshoot this. ANY help?...
  10. Screen goes black for a few seconds

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Screen goes black for a few seconds: Occasionally my PC goes all black for several seconds (and for not logical reason) after update to Windows 10 Home, version 1803, OS Build 17134. Doesn't seem to affect anything, but is annoying. Any help would be appreciated. BillyS...