Windows 10: Twain

Discus and support Twain in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; When I open a .jpg file, I first get this message: [img] . Is there a good web site for finding out how to do that (re-installing the Twain drivers)... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by Ken Lichtsinn, Jan 4, 2019.

1. Twain

When I open a .jpg file, I first get this message:
    Twain [​IMG]
    . Is there a good web site for finding out how to do that (re-installing the Twain drivers) in Windows 10?

:)

Ken Lichtsinn, Jan 4, 2019

2. TWAIN for Windows 10?

Hi,

The Twain drivers are not designed, coded and released by Microsoft. If you are having an issue with the drivers then unfortunately we will not be able to help and suggest that you contact the driver developer for assistance.

Vinod Archak, Jan 4, 2019
  3. TWAIN for Windows 10?

I Have done everything suggested and still can't get a TWAIN upgrade fro Windows 10. When pulling up TWAIN I get a message that his computer is operating on Windows 8.1 which is **** it operating on 10. No one, to date, has offered any positive help! Totally
    disappointed with Windows 10 help.

AsayJohnson, Jan 4, 2019
  4. John C Win User

Twain

Unable to open TWAIN source

Thank you Fabrizio!

This had been driving me nuts. My LIDE 60 scanner had been working perfectly with my HP Envy laptop until I upgraded Windows 10 to build 1607, and then I got the error message about Twain. The Windows troubleshooter insisted that it was a USB3 problem. I do not have USB2 on the laptop, but easily disproved that theory by using the scanner on a desktop running the same operating system, with no difficulty under both USB2 and USB3. Reinstalling the drivers made no difference, but editing the Path variable as you suggested solved the problem instantly. It is disappointing that the troubleshooter should have missed something so basic - yet so obscure for people not familiar with DOS.

John C, Jan 4, 2019
Thema:

Twain

1. Twain - Similar Threads - Twain

2. Windows 10 TWAIN driver profile location

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 TWAIN driver profile location: When I make a change to the Scan Profile of a locally connected Fujitsu fi-7160, where is that change stored user folder, registry, etc.?I spoke with Fujitsu, and they say that this is accessing the Windows TWAIN driver instead of the Fujitsu driver, so only Microsoft would...
  3. Windows 10 TWAIN driver profile location

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10 TWAIN driver profile location: When I make a change to the Scan Profile of a locally connected Fujitsu fi-7160, where is that change stored user folder, registry, etc.?I spoke with Fujitsu, and they say that this is accessing the Windows TWAIN driver instead of the Fujitsu driver, so only Microsoft would...
  4. Windows 10 TWAIN driver profile location

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. Is Windows Fax and Scan TWAIN compliant?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Is Windows Fax and Scan TWAIN compliant?: Is Windows Fax and Scan TWAIN-compliant? My Epson printer instructions says it must be TWAIN-compliant to work with it. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/is-windows-fax-and-scan-twain-compliant/4710b1c0-48f8-434e-b353-f99960b373c5
  6. Is Windows Fax and Scan TWAIN compliant?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Is Windows Fax and Scan TWAIN compliant?: Is Windows Fax and Scan TWAIN-compliant? My Epson printer instructions says it must be TWAIN-compliant to work with it. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/is-windows-fax-and-scan-twain-compliant/4710b1c0-48f8-434e-b353-f99960b373c5
  7. How to install TWAIN driver on Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    How to install TWAIN driver on Windows 10: [ATTACH]If you have a scanner, you probably know about the TWAIN standard. Today, most scanning devices support TWAIN drivers so that users can enjoy a hassle-free experience while scanning the images. In this article, we will describe what TWAIN is and how you can install...
  8. Temporary user ID and "twain source error"

in Windows 10 Customization
    Temporary user ID and "twain source error": When I powered up my computer, it said it had to open with a temporary user profile. I now have a "shell" platform to operate with. How do I get my regular log in user ID back and my programs. My files are still on the computer under my user name. But the computer only...
  9. update TWAIN driver

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    update TWAIN driver: I recently upgraded to Windows 10 and now I can't download my cell phone pics using Microsoft Picture It Photo Premium 9. It says that the TWAIN driver is outdated. How do I fix this? I am using a Toshiba Satellite C55-A....
  10. Xerox 7120 twain driver to scan to app

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Xerox 7120 twain driver to scan to app: Hi guys, I have a Xerox 7120 in the office and I am trying to get the twain driver installed so I can scan in an application. The pc is running Windows 10 x64 and no matter what I do I can't get it to work. I would like to catch scan in the app but I can't do it. Any...