Windows 10: Tweak Monitor Settings

Discus and support Tweak Monitor Settings in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; It doesn't make any sense to invest a bunch of money in an expensive monitor or an even more expensive GPU, if you don't tweak the monitors settings.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Cliff S, Apr 4, 2015.

1. Cliff S New Member

Tweak Monitor Settings

It doesn't make any sense to invest a bunch of money in an expensive monitor or an even more expensive GPU, if you don't tweak the monitors settings.

• Set the monitor/TV & GPU to their default settings.
    • Unless your monitor/TV has the possibility to set two presets(like my LG 32"LD350 with 2 Expert settings one day-1 night) set the lighting in the room for when you use your PC the most.
    • Set your backlighting to where it's most comfortable.
    • Go to LCD monitor test imagesThe Logom LCD monitor test pages and read through first and make sure you understand everything, then follow the instructions.
    • You may have to flip/flop between tweaks because an adjustment here can change an adjustment there. for example contrast and brightness- after setting the Black level(Brightness) then going to White saturation(contrast) it can/will make the Black level brighter meaning you have to reset it again, which will, of course, change the contrast a bit and so on and so on. The idea doing it visually without a colormeter is to find the best compromise acceptable for you. The same goes for tweaking the sharpness.

Some might say "Hey I have a Blu-ray movie that came with a tweak section" or like me "I have the HDTV Calibration Disk from AVS forums!", well that's just fine for your Blu-ray player or Home Cinema, but for online gaming or browsing you need to set your monitor for that. It's like with my TV I have slightly different settings for my Blu-ray(1080p) and television(1080i & 720i) because of the differences compression, and also to reduce artifacts. Another reason is that for any differences in types of connections and the difference between a PCs GPU and the integrated graphics of a player.

After you have tweaked your monitor/TV you can then tweak your GPU, being that they are now optimized your GPU/integrated graphics will also have to work less thus reducing lag time and improved performance & resources where it's really needed--online gaming, you tube, or whatever.

:)

Cliff S, Apr 4, 2015

2. Windows 10 fonts are blurry and hard to read

Hi,

This didn't help either Tweak Monitor Settings :( and according to ATI my graphics card is running drivers that support Windows 10.

The best help thus far is using the guide from this link to tweak the monitor settings (LG 24GM77 OSD Setup And Calibration).

Thanks,

-Michael

killerDJMW, Apr 4, 2015
  3. Guidance wanted on how to improve battery performence.

Hi Guys and Gals,

Would a member please advise on what can be tweaked in the settings to improve battery performence, and what app is best to monitor this and cpu usage and where to get that 'app' from.

Thank you in advance.

bandofbrothers---01, Apr 4, 2015
Thema:

Tweak Monitor Settings

1. Tweak Monitor Settings - Similar Threads - Tweak Monitor Settings

2. Help needed with getting a gpedit.msc tweak for a privacy setting

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Help needed with getting a gpedit.msc tweak for a privacy setting: Hi, is there a gpedit.msc tweak I can use to change this? there's one for other features, but what about privacy options hidden by organisation?What I need: "Let windows track app launches to improve start and search results"The thing that did this is a dumb app....
  3. Improve Windows 11 Performance by tweaking these settings

in Windows 10 News
    Improve Windows 11 Performance by tweaking these settings: [ATTACH]Windows 11 comes with new promises and claims about improved performance. We are still in the early stages and no one can completely tell as to how much performance increase is there in Windows 11, but there are some Windows 11 Settings to improve performance that we...
  4. Cortana Tweaks

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Cortana Tweaks: Does anyone know a way to force Cortana to stay windowed when awoken rather than going full screen? Also I’d love to find a way to force it’s speech windows to auto close after answering, rather than hanging around. 141611
  5. Cortana Tweaks

in Windows 10 Support
    Cortana Tweaks: Does anyone know a way to force Cortana to stay windowed when awoken rather than going full screen? Also I’d love to find a way to force it’s speech windows to auto close after answering, rather than hanging around. 141611
  6. Tweaking power setting options

in Windows 10 Customization
    Tweaking power setting options: Hi, I use an HP 14s-cr1005tu, Win 10 home. Please help with the answers to these questions on Power settings: Selective suspending setting: I do not understand how selective suspending setting can help save battery on my Win 10 laptop. What happens if I choose enabled or...
  7. tweak?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    tweak?: I was having slow speeds transferring files across two pcs (sometimes3.3 kps) hit upon this tip will searching google. control panel/device manager/network adapters choose your ethernet adapter/properties advance tab large send offload (ipv4) to disable large send offload...
  8. regedit tweaks

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    regedit tweaks: I followed "How to speed up your Win 10 performance (new)" on YouTube, but after i followed the regedit tweak my Acer E 14 E5-473G runs only 60FPS with lowest settings before that it can run 100+ FPS with low FPS but now i'm stuck at 60FPS. So can anyone help me with my...
  9. Sidebar Tweak

in Windows 10 Customization
    Sidebar Tweak: Hi ALL, On my old Win 7 Pro Desktop I was able to right click on the sidebar and get a drop down with option to take you to top, bottom etc. of page. I can't remember if it was an add-on or something specific to Win 7. I would like to have this feature on my new desktop Win...
  10. Tweaking resistance to passing cursor between multiple monitors

in Windows 10 Support
    Tweaking resistance to passing cursor between multiple monitors: When you have multiple monitors, there is resistance to passing the mouse cursor between them which is useful when you want to interact with the edge of one of the monitors but can also be inhibitory. Is it possible to tweak the resistance so that you don't need quite as much...