Windows 10: tweak?

Discus and support tweak? in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I was having slow speeds transferring files across two pcs (sometimes3.3 kps) hit upon this tip will searching google. control panel/device... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by thomaseg1, Apr 5, 2019.

1. thomaseg1 Win User

tweak?

I was having slow speeds transferring files across two pcs (sometimes3.3 kps)
    hit upon this tip will searching google.
    control panel/device manager/network adapters choose your ethernet adapter/properties
    advance tab

large send offload (ipv4) to disable
    large send offload (ipv6) to disable

speed increase to 54.4mps

:)

thomaseg1, Apr 5, 2019
  2. Callender Win User

Cleaning and tweaking Windows

RE:
    • Sometimes windows hang if im trying to shut down my computer and asks me if i want to wait for my programs to close. I want windows to shut down my computer without asking me anything.

Enable fast shutdown tweaks all listed under (Step 13) here:

Optimize Performance of Windows 10 Performance Maintenance Tutorials

Callender, Apr 5, 2019
  3. DKBinsuan Win User
    regedit tweaks

Thanks for helping me, but the first link gives me the similar steps that I followed on YouTube. I want the default value not the tweaked value.

DKBinsuan, Apr 5, 2019
  4. lx07 Win User

tweak?

Cleaning and tweaking Windows

If you mean in standard Windows (not using some tweaking software) then you only get this if you try to install software in compatibility mode.

If you run Whatver_Installer.exe in compatibility mode for Windows 7 (for example) then it will ask if it worked. That is fair enough - you decided to try running a program using whatever steps they do for Windows 7 compatibility. If you just run it standard (under Windows 10) then it will not ever ask.

I'd suggest not running any tweaking software as they all end up being a bit annoying in the end. If you run stock you know where you are. Up to you of course. My $2 only.

lx07, Apr 5, 2019
Thema:

tweak?

1. tweak? - Similar Threads - tweak

2. Can't take Screenshot Due to Using Tweaks "Quickboost" & "Optimizer" [I don't know if...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't take Screenshot Due to Using Tweaks "Quickboost" & "Optimizer" [I don't know if...: I'm having a problem, I recently did an optimization tweak "Quickboost" & "Optimizer" and after that I can't take screenshots, I have tried every single Fix but still nothing Works and I even tried to go back to a restore point but still And I tried shortcuts But it just...
  3. Can't take Screenshot Due to Using Tweaks "Quickboost" & "Optimizer" [I don't know if...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can't take Screenshot Due to Using Tweaks "Quickboost" & "Optimizer" [I don't know if...: I'm having a problem, I recently did an optimization tweak "Quickboost" & "Optimizer" and after that I can't take screenshots, I have tried every single Fix but still nothing Works and I even tried to go back to a restore point but still And I tried shortcuts But it just...
  4. why do tweak programmes offer driver updates that don't seem to exist

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    why do tweak programmes offer driver updates that don't seem to exist: Glary and CCleaner both try to persuade me to update to their paid versions to get updates to various drivers, that they've identified as available. Windows Update always tells me I have the latest versions of these drivers. And I've never been able to find them by searching...
  5. why do tweak programmes offer driver updates that don't exist

in Windows 10 Gaming
    why do tweak programmes offer driver updates that don't exist: Glary and CCleaner both try to persuade me to update to their paid versions to get updates to various drivers, that they've identified as available. Windows Update always tells me I have the latest versions of these drivers. And I've never been able to find them by searching...
  6. why do tweak programmes offer driver updates that don't exist

why do tweak programmes offer driver updates that don't exist: Glary and CCleaner both try to persuade me to update to their paid versions to get updates to various drivers, that they've identified as available. Windows Update always tells me I have the latest versions of these drivers. And I've never been able to find them by searching...
  7. Im about to be tweaking someone help me.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Im about to be tweaking someone help me.: I tried downloading kb4534310 for my computer but I kept getting Installer encountered an error: 0x80070424 The specified service does not exist as an installed service again and again and I tried downloadin the other kb's too but I kept getting the same result. Any idea how...
  8. Im about to be tweaking someone help me.

Im about to be tweaking someone help me.: I tried downloading kb4534310 for my computer but I kept getting Installer encountered an error: 0x80070424 The specified service does not exist as an installed service again and again and I tried downloadin the other kb's too but I kept getting the same result. Any idea how...
  9. explorer.exe glitch after kerishdoctor tweaks

in Windows 10 Gaming
    explorer.exe glitch after kerishdoctor tweaks: so i installed kerishdoctor did the scan applied all recomendations. after restart i have black screen and cursor. Task manager shows that explorer.exe wont start. When i try to start explorer manually it starts for 1 second then turns off automatically then starts again then...
  10. explorer.exe glitch after kerishdoctor tweaks

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    explorer.exe glitch after kerishdoctor tweaks: so i installed kerishdoctor did the scan applied all recomendations. after restart i have black screen and cursor. Task manager shows that explorer.exe wont start. When i try to start explorer manually it starts for 1 second then turns off automatically then starts again then...