Windows 10: Tweaking power setting options

Discus and support Tweaking power setting options in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Hi, I use an HP 14s-cr1005tu, Win 10 home. Please help with the answers to these questions on Power settings: Selective suspending setting: I do... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by XDEROY, Aug 6, 2019.

1. XDEROY Win User

Tweaking power setting options

Hi,

I use an HP 14s-cr1005tu, Win 10 home. Please help with the answers to these questions on Power settings:

Selective suspending setting: I do not understand how selective suspending setting can help save battery on my Win 10 laptop. What happens if I choose enabled or disabled - what will work well and what won't?

Turn off hard disk after: if I don't have files on my hard disk, will this really matter to me? Because if waking up the HDD after turning it off after XX minutes causes wear and tear, I should set a higher value, but there are absolutely no files on the HDD, because I use SSD?

PCI Link State Power Management: how does tweaking it affect my laptop health and battery life?

System Cooling Policy: I get what passive and active mean, but what difference does it make when I want high performance or when I want to be using less power?

Multi-media settings:

Sharing media: what kind of media do they mean - pictures, videos? And what do the options mean (Allow the computer to sleep, prevent idling to sleep, allow the computer to enter away mode)?

Video playback quality bias: What does it mean?

Wireless Adapter Settings: What difference does it make if I set on Maximum performance, Low power saving, medium power saving, high power saving with my internet connectivity?

Also, a last question: Are there any battery savings by changing your resolution to the lowest possible? Can that harm your laptop in the long-term/short-term?

TSMIA

:)

XDEROY, Aug 6, 2019
  2. Xylee Del Win User

Windows 10 power options

Hi Robert,

About your concern with Windows 10 power options, applied settings may not be recognized due to several reasons. We suggest that you run the Windows 10 Power troubleshooter. Here are the steps to follow:

• Go to Search, type troubleshoot, and click Troubleshooting.
    • Under System and Security, click Improve power usage.
    • The troubleshooting wizard will automatically start. It will try to solve any detected issues.

Let us know if you need further assistance regarding your concern.

Xylee Del, Aug 6, 2019
  3. Ryan Mon1 Win User
    Can't Change Power Settings

Thank you for the quick response. We will now move to the second phase of troubleshooting. We suggest that you follow the steps provided below:

Method 1: Run the Power Troubleshooter.

Windows 10 has a built-in troubleshooter to check and fix issues with your system's power settings. Here's how:

• In the search box, type troubleshooting, and then click
      Troubleshooting
    • Click on the view all option on the left panel.
    • Run the Power troubleshooter.

Method 2: Customize Power options.

If issue persists, the the following steps and check.

• In the search box, type Power options, and then click.
    • Click on choose when to turn off display from the left pane.
    • Click on Restore default settings for this plan.
    • Click on Change advance power settings.
    • Scroll down and expand Power buttons and lid.
    • Expand Power button actions.
    • Click on the Setting and set it to Shut down.

Update us with the outcome so we can provide further assistance.

Ryan Mon1, Aug 6, 2019
  4. Tweaking power setting options

No Sleep Mode Option in Power Settings

Hi Benjamin,

Welcome to Microsoft community and thank you for posting your query.

Sorry for the inconvenience caused to you. Let me help you to fix the issue.

To assist you better, I would like to know did you click on the drop down on Do nothing? If yes, what are the option you can see?

Let’s try simple troubleshooting steps and check if this helps in resolving the issue. Follow the below steps:

• Press Windows key + R, type powercfg.cpl and press
      Enter.

• Now click on Current Power plan (Change plan settings) and click on
      Change advanced power settings.

• Locate for Power buttons and lid on the list on the Window popup and click on it to expand.
    • Now click on the settings and try to set up the settings.
    Hope this help. If you need further assistance with Windows in future, let us know and will be happy to help.

Billion Debbarma, Aug 6, 2019
Thema:

Tweaking power setting options

1. Tweaking power setting options - Similar Threads - Tweaking power setting

2. There is no Power option in Settings- System.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    There is no Power option in Settings- System.: As per the title, the page isn't there at all in the Settings app. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/there-is-no-power-option-in-settings-system/5728d7d9-4340-418a-b296-3ca28e78a135
  3. There is no Power option in Settings- System.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    There is no Power option in Settings- System.: As per the title, the page isn't there at all in the Settings app. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/there-is-no-power-option-in-settings-system/5728d7d9-4340-418a-b296-3ca28e78a135
  4. There is not cpu max and fan power settings in power options

in Windows 10 Gaming
    There is not cpu max and fan power settings in power options: pls help me to solve this https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/there-is-not-cpu-max-and-fan-power-settings-in/8933e5e4-5818-48ee-86b5-e0cd253fe9a0
  5. There is not cpu max and fan power settings in power options

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    There is not cpu max and fan power settings in power options: pls help me to solve this https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/there-is-not-cpu-max-and-fan-power-settings-in/8933e5e4-5818-48ee-86b5-e0cd253fe9a0
  6. There is not cpu max and fan power settings in power options

in Windows 10 Customization
    There is not cpu max and fan power settings in power options: pls help me to solve this https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/there-is-not-cpu-max-and-fan-power-settings-in/8cdbbdfe-2b0c-4f9a-b024-29e1a18e2fba
  7. There is not cpu max and fan power settings in power options

in Windows 10 Customization
  8. "power options" settings

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    "power options" settings: i have a new laptop running win 10 home. i have learned from sites to use the power options menu to change my settings to "power saver" to increase battery life for my laptop. i know that this can be changed manually from the taskbar or setting menu, but does windows ever...
  9. Tweak Monitor Settings

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Tweak Monitor Settings: It doesn't make any sense to invest a bunch of money in an expensive monitor or an even more expensive GPU, if you don't tweak the monitors settings. Set the monitor/TV & GPU to their default settings. Unless your monitor/TV has the possibility to set two presets(like my...
  10. power options settings

in Windows 10 Support
    power options settings: I have all the setting I can find that when I close lid to laptop it does nothing when plugged in. I have it set to do not sleep unless I tell it too period. Yes went through 'all' settings. So it will run scans, maintenance etc during night but like lid closed. But when I...