Windows 10: Tweaking resistance to passing cursor between multiple monitors

Discus and support Tweaking resistance to passing cursor between multiple monitors in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; When you have multiple monitors, there is resistance to passing the mouse cursor between them which is useful when you want to interact with the edge... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by THX1138, Oct 3, 2017.

1. THX1138 Win User

Tweaking resistance to passing cursor between multiple monitors

When you have multiple monitors, there is resistance to passing the mouse cursor between them which is useful when you want to interact with the edge of one of the monitors but can also be inhibitory. Is it possible to tweak the resistance so that you don't need quite as much cursor speed to break the boundary?

:)

THX1138, Oct 3, 2017
  2. aziraj Win User

Mouse and Keyboard lagging and slow response since Windows 10 update

Almost a year later and I have the same lagging issue in Windows 10 and Outlook 2016 product. The problem is much more noticeable when multiple monitors are involved. Major lag problem moving the mouse between monitors. The lagging is also noticeable using
    Microsoft Edge. Moving mouse/cursor to a monitor showing desktop is ok, but cursor lag is noticed as soon as Microsoft Edge or Outlook 2016 is on the same monitor. The lag is sometimes as much as 20 seconds at times. Very frustrating.

aziraj, Oct 3, 2017
  3. SfTd_0 Win User
    Accessibility feature of Windows Snap in Windows 10

Thank you for your reply. Is there a way to tweak "mouse sensitivity" when snapping windows (basically "how fast cursor should move to pass throught edge/stop on edge)?

SfTd_0, Oct 3, 2017
  4. Tweaking resistance to passing cursor between multiple monitors

Not seeing that here? My cursor glides from display to display with no change in speed. The only exception is in the top corners of my main screen. It hits a wall and won't move until I lower it on the screen a bit. This is because my monitors are different sizes though.

alphanumeric, Oct 3, 2017
  5. THX1138 Win User
    On further investigation, it's only affecting the highlighted border. The cursor moves freely between displays 2 and 4 but not 3 and 4. Between 3 and 4 I have to either ram it across or just persistently keep moving into the invisible wall until breaks.

Tweaking resistance to passing cursor between multiple monitors [​IMG]

This is kind of stupid but I moved the screens a bit and you can scarcely tell but they are now slightly closer together and this behaviour has been eliminated entirely. I don't think much of this system. Having the barrier behaviour completely gone is annoying; I'd really have preferred to have been able to tweak it to a compromise.

THX1138, Oct 3, 2017
  6. I can't adjust the space between my monitors on that screen? I can drag one over, but as soon as I release it, it goes back to where it was. Mine are all side by each.

I can move No.2 up or down, just not sideways. Not unless I put it on top of No.1. And then, I can only move it sideways. If I move it up it just goes back when I release it. I can't make them touch each other either. No matter where I move them to, there is always a small gap between them when I release them.

I have no idea what is happening with your layout? I can't reproduce what your seeing.

alphanumeric, Oct 3, 2017
  7. THX1138 Win User
    Indeed the interface is extremely finicky/inconsistent and difficult to control. It appears that there is a greater distance between your display 1 and 2 than between 3 and 1 but I don't know that vertical boundaries are included in this invisible wall feature. I don't want to experiment in case it's difficult to get rid of the wall again.

THX1138, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

Tweaking resistance to passing cursor between multiple monitors

1. Tweaking resistance to passing cursor between multiple monitors - Similar Threads - Tweaking resistance passing

2. Hey guys how do i get no resistance between my monitors?

in Windows 10 Customization
    Hey guys how do i get no resistance between my monitors?: Whenever i try to drag my cursor between one monitor to another, if im moving slowly theres like a wall stopping me from going to the other monitor, the only solution is to go back to the other side and do it quickly. How do i get it to be like my other monitors where no...
  3. Problems moving cursor between monitors,

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Problems moving cursor between monitors,: Problems moving cursor between monitors, Was working earlier but cannot move cursor now after some tweaking. I can move browser frames partially into adjacent screens but not to the point that the pointer will enter. I' think I might know where the problem is... looking at...
  4. Problems moving cursor between monitors,

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Problems moving cursor between monitors,: Problems moving cursor between monitors, Was working earlier but cannot move cursor now after some tweaking. I can move browser frames partially into adjacent screens but not to the point that the pointer will enter. I' think I might know where the problem is... looking at...
  5. Windows 10 - Mouse cursor sticks to edge between multiple monitors

Windows 10 - Mouse cursor sticks to edge between multiple monitors: I'm actually just here because the previous thread Windows 10 - Mouse cursor sticks to edge between multiple monitors Was locked with an unsatisfactory resolution of " Report it in the Hub App" Instead of the actual solution which i believe i have. The Issue: Based on what...
  6. Windows 10 - Mouse cursor sticks to edge between multiple monitors - Continued

Windows 10 - Mouse cursor sticks to edge between multiple monitors - Continued: The original 21 page thread has become locked after a response from 'Cyber_Defend_Team'. Does anyone where to find the 'Feedback Hub app.' which is mentioned in their reply? I can confirm, in my case, Windows has alwys been updated to latest. I can also confirm this...
  7. moving cursor between multiple creens with keyboard

moving cursor between multiple creens with keyboard: HI, I use two screens and would like to be able to switch the cursor's position between screens using the keyboard instead of my mouse. Are there any key shortcuts for this? at the moment I have to do a lot of manual dragging of the cursor with mouse. I'd like to be able to...
  8. Windows snapping between multiple monitors.

Windows snapping between multiple monitors.: I have read multiple threads about this issue and it looks like Microsoft could not care less about Windows 10 users. These said threads are as old as 2015 and the issue is still not fixed. Long story short, I am using Windows Areo Snapping feature but when I want to move...
  9. Moving cursor between two monitors

Moving cursor between two monitors: I have a monitor connected to my lap top in order to have two screens available. Cannot figure out how to move the cursor from one screen to the other....
  10. Tweak Monitor Settings

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Tweak Monitor Settings: It doesn't make any sense to invest a bunch of money in an expensive monitor or an even more expensive GPU, if you don't tweak the monitors settings. Set the monitor/TV & GPU to their default settings. Unless your monitor/TV has the possibility to set two presets(like my...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows 10 cursor resistance moving between screens

2. windows 10 cursor resistance between displays