Windows 10: Tweaking Save Menu to show "Network" as a save location?

Discus and support Tweaking Save Menu to show "Network" as a save location? in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; I would like to save files to a Network location, but as you can see only "This PC" / Drives show up in the "Save menu" . I have already contacted the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by ReallyFrustratd, Apr 10, 2019.

1. Tweaking Save Menu to show "Network" as a save location?

I would like to save files to a Network location, but as you can see only "This PC" / Drives show up in the "Save menu" . I have already contacted the particular software's manufacturers and they told me its a Windows issue not a "this Software" issue. I have also tried making a shortcut to the location on the C: drive, but shortcuts also don't show up. Is there any way to have Network appear in this list? Maybe a registry tweak or something? Please and thank you
    Tweaking Save Menu to show "Network" as a save location? [​IMG]

:)

ReallyFrustratd, Apr 10, 2019

2. Default location to save documenets

Hi Frank,

Sorry for the delayed response.

From your recent description, it seems like the issue is confined to Word documents. If true, then follow the steps below and check if it helps.

• Launch Word application.
    • Go to File Menu and select Options.
    • In the pop-up dialog box, towards the left pane, select Save.
    • Under Default location file, browse the location you want to save.
    • Check if the issue persists.

Hope this helps.

Arvind Ram, Apr 10, 2019
  3. Greg258 Win User
    Photographs saved in camera roll not showing location

Hello

I, too, have lost this particular functionality.

I have the 950. At first, the location was saved with photos, but no longer.

I have reviewed all the privacy and location settings I can think of. Everything is enabled. I have tried the soft reset suggested by Jose, and that has made no difference.

Here's the settings I've checked:

• Privacy Settings
      • Location Settings
        • Location = "on"
        • Relevant Apps set to access location:
          • Blink
          • Camera
          • Cortana
          • Lumia Creative Studio
          • Lumia Motion Data
      • Camera Settings
        • Let apps use my camera = "on"
      • Background Apps Settings
        • Windows Camera = "On"
    I can't find anything else that affects the camera and its access to location data.

Can anyone help?

Greg258, Apr 10, 2019
  4. Tweaking Save Menu to show "Network" as a save location?

applications do not remember previous save locations

Hi Clifferton,

Based on the details that you have provided, there is a way for you to determine whether the save location issue is program-related or due to the Windows 10 upgrade. To help you isolate it, we suggest testing other programs or apps and see if the previous
    save location shows when saving files. If the issue only happens with a specific program, then we encourage you contact the manufacturer for better guidance about their product.

If the the issue also happens to other programs or apps, we would appreciate if you can provide us additional details to help us provide the appropriate solution: Kindly answer the following:

• What build and version of Windows 10 are you using?
    • Aside from upgrading, have you also made any recent changes to your PC?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you tried so far?
    We hope to hear from you soon.

Jennifer Cha, Apr 10, 2019
Thema:

Tweaking Save Menu to show "Network" as a save location?

1. Tweaking Save Menu to show "Network" as a save location? - Similar Threads - Tweaking Save Menu

2. Save as location

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Save as location: Hi, this is really frustrating. I issue word documents as .pdfs, previously when I saved the document it defaulted to the same location as the word document, whereas now it tries to save it on the one drive which I do not use and do not wish to use. This seems a clear case of...
  3. Save as location

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Save as location: Hi, this is really frustrating. I issue word documents as .pdfs, previously when I saved the document it defaulted to the same location as the word document, whereas now it tries to save it on the one drive which I do not use and do not wish to use. This seems a clear case of...
  4. Default save location

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Default save location: Question in the image. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/default-save-location/78159927-885e-4c2d-96b4-2630a5117bb2
  5. Default Save As Location

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Default Save As Location: Greetings-Would like to know how to change the default Save As location for Windows 10 File Browser. Currently it is set to the Downloads folder but I like to expedite everything from my desktop to an external drive so I readily know where files are located.I had previosly...
  6. Saved Files Delay In Showing At Save Location

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Saved Files Delay In Showing At Save Location: Hello,I'm on a new laptop and I think this might have something to do with the OneDrive backup which I don't use on my desktop.I noticed this specifically on the desktop.When I save a document or file to the desktop it doesn't show up on the desktop immediately.However, even...
  7. Saved Files Delay In Showing At Save Location

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Saved Files Delay In Showing At Save Location: Hello,I'm on a new laptop and I think this might have something to do with the OneDrive backup which I don't use on my desktop.I noticed this specifically on the desktop.When I save a document or file to the desktop it doesn't show up on the desktop immediately.However, even...
  8. Save location not showing in settings

in Windows 10 Customization
    Save location not showing in settings: I wanted to change my default drive and where the application get installed but it turns out i dont have the save location thing[ATTACH][ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/save-location-not-showing-in-settings/ff2c582b-cd7b-42e4-a8db-f7fbf375f219
  9. Change default save location to a network drive

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Change default save location to a network drive: I know how to change the default save location in settings, but it only gives me options for the C/D drive and usb drives. I would like to change the default location to our network drive, where all files are saved. Is there any way to do this? submitted by /u/rellogic...
  10. Locating saved files

in Windows 10 Support
    Locating saved files: Windows 10 seems to have a mind of its own when I save files. I use "Save as"the first time and expect it to continue saving to the same location that I specified initially. But no, click on "Save" and it saves it in any one of a number of places so I end up with several...