Windows 10: Tweaks for a Clean Install?

Discus and support Tweaks for a Clean Install? in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Just got some new hardware and will do a fresh install of Win10. I usually disable every tracking and Cortana. Is there anything else I should do? Any... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/HeyLittleMonkey, Nov 28, 2020.

1. Tweaks for a Clean Install?

Just got some new hardware and will do a fresh install of Win10. I usually disable every tracking and Cortana.
    Is there anything else I should do? Any helpful apps/scripts or guides for new installs?

submitted by /u/HeyLittleMonkey
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/HeyLittleMonkey, Nov 28, 2020

2. Clean Install Workaround for Vista

You may remember this news story on techPowerUp! a couple of days ago relating to the lack of clean installs when using the Upgrade Editions of Vista, which required an old OS to be installed. However, Paul Thurrott has managed to find a workaround for this issue, which ironically lets users do a clean install Vista without any previous version of Windows, albeit a little tedious. Here are the steps:
    • Boot from the Windows Vista Upgrade DVD as normal
    • When prompted for a product code, leave this blank
    • Select the version of Vista you have purchased and let Vista install
    • When you boot to your desktop for the first time, run the Vista setup from Windows
    • This time enter your product key
    • When asked whether you want to do an Upgrade of Custom install, select custom and choose a clean install
    • Windows will now install for a second time and you should be able to activate it
    Remember, these steps are only advised for use in order to achieve a clean install of Vista, it is only legal to use the upgrade editions if you have previously purchased the appropriate version of Windows.

Source: DailyTech

Jimmy 2004, Nov 28, 2020
  3. Callender Win User
    Cleaning and tweaking Windows

RE:
    • Sometimes windows hang if im trying to shut down my computer and asks me if i want to wait for my programs to close. I want windows to shut down my computer without asking me anything.

Enable fast shutdown tweaks all listed under (Step 13) here:

Optimize Performance of Windows 10 Performance Maintenance Tutorials

Callender, Nov 28, 2020
  4. lx07 Win User

Tweaks for a Clean Install?

Cleaning and tweaking Windows

If you mean in standard Windows (not using some tweaking software) then you only get this if you try to install software in compatibility mode.

If you run Whatver_Installer.exe in compatibility mode for Windows 7 (for example) then it will ask if it worked. That is fair enough - you decided to try running a program using whatever steps they do for Windows 7 compatibility. If you just run it standard (under Windows 10) then it will not ever ask.

I'd suggest not running any tweaking software as they all end up being a bit annoying in the end. If you run stock you know where you are. Up to you of course. My $2 only.

Thema:

Tweaks for a Clean Install?

1. Tweaks for a Clean Install? - Similar Threads - Tweaks Clean Install

2. Cortana Tweaks

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Cortana Tweaks: Does anyone know a way to force Cortana to stay windowed when awoken rather than going full screen? Also I’d love to find a way to force it’s speech windows to auto close after answering, rather than hanging around. 141611
  3. Cortana Tweaks

in Windows 10 Support
    Cortana Tweaks: Does anyone know a way to force Cortana to stay windowed when awoken rather than going full screen? Also I’d love to find a way to force it’s speech windows to auto close after answering, rather than hanging around. 141611
  4. tweak?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    tweak?: I was having slow speeds transferring files across two pcs (sometimes3.3 kps) hit upon this tip will searching google. control panel/device manager/network adapters choose your ethernet adapter/properties advance tab large send offload (ipv4) to disable large send offload...
  5. regedit tweaks

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    regedit tweaks: I followed "How to speed up your Win 10 performance (new)" on YouTube, but after i followed the regedit tweak my Acer E 14 E5-473G runs only 60FPS with lowest settings before that it can run 100+ FPS with low FPS but now i'm stuck at 60FPS. So can anyone help me with my...
  6. Sidebar Tweak

in Windows 10 Customization
    Sidebar Tweak: Hi ALL, On my old Win 7 Pro Desktop I was able to right click on the sidebar and get a drop down with option to take you to top, bottom etc. of page. I can't remember if it was an add-on or something specific to Win 7. I would like to have this feature on my new desktop Win...
  7. Cleaning and tweaking Windows

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Cleaning and tweaking Windows: I'm looking for help with a couple of problems. Permanently get rid of the language input indicator. (Solved, see this guide) Permanently get rid of the safely remove hardware icon.(Solved by installing this program, then using CCleaner to get rid of it from programs and...
  8. SSD upgrade tweaks to exising W10 installation (not fresh install)

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    SSD upgrade tweaks to exising W10 installation (not fresh install): Hi all, I am about to venture into installing my newly purchased SSD for my desktop PC. I have a 360Gb Sata2 hard drive at the moment and did some tests with a "spare" SSD I got my hands on. The performance improvements were nothing short of spectacular (even without any...
  9. Clean Install

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Clean Install: I upgraded both of my PC's from Windows 8.1 Pro. If I want to do a clean install from a USB drive do I need one from each PC or will one work with both? 13120
  10. Clean install or not

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Clean install or not: I installed W10 over virgin copies of W7 Pro on two computers. After a clean disk to get rid of all install files I will have pretty much a clean install. What would be the advantage to now do a complete clean install ? Everything seems to be working ok. 12715