Windows 10: Tweaks that should be talked about more especially for low end systems

Discus and support Tweaks that should be talked about more especially for low end systems in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; the tweaks below work for all versions of windows as far as i know. Win32PrioritySeperation= is a very common talked about tweak.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by smirk24, Mar 8, 2019.

1. smirk24 Win User

Tweaks that should be talked about more especially for low end systems

the tweaks below work for all versions of windows as far as i know.

Win32PrioritySeperation= is a very common talked about tweak. Win32PrioritySeperation allows you to control how much cpu time foreground and background tasks have which brings me to ThreadPriority which allows server threads to help out foreground. ThreadPriority works almost the same as Win32PrioritySeperation and with the values of the first set of tweaks given below do awesome with responsiveness of windows.

The book windows 2000 performance guide has some helpful information about both win32PrioritySeperation and ThreadPriority

Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\PriorityControl]
    "Win32PrioritySeparation"=dword:00000026

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\LanmanServer\Parameters]
    "ThreadPriority"=dword:00000001

Default:
    Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\PriorityControl]
    "Win32PrioritySeparation"=dword:00000002

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\LanmanServer\Parameters]
    "ThreadPriority"=-

When using the tweaks above you might wanna make sure DisablePagingExecutive and LargeSystemCache are set to 1 in your registry especially if you have a mechanical hard drive.

Windows Search may cause problems so i have windows search disabled in my services

:)

smirk24, Mar 8, 2019
  2. lx07 Win User

Cleaning and tweaking Windows

If you mean in standard Windows (not using some tweaking software) then you only get this if you try to install software in compatibility mode.

If you run Whatver_Installer.exe in compatibility mode for Windows 7 (for example) then it will ask if it worked. That is fair enough - you decided to try running a program using whatever steps they do for Windows 7 compatibility. If you just run it standard (under Windows 10) then it will not ever ask.

I'd suggest not running any tweaking software as they all end up being a bit annoying in the end. If you run stock you know where you are. Up to you of course. My $2 only.

lx07, Mar 8, 2019
  3. Callender Win User
    Cleaning and tweaking Windows

RE:
    • Sometimes windows hang if im trying to shut down my computer and asks me if i want to wait for my programs to close. I want windows to shut down my computer without asking me anything.

Enable fast shutdown tweaks all listed under (Step 13) here:

Optimize Performance of Windows 10 Performance Maintenance Tutorials

Callender, Mar 8, 2019
  4. DKBinsuan Win User

regedit tweaks

Thanks for helping me, but the first link gives me the similar steps that I followed on YouTube. I want the default value not the tweaked value.

DKBinsuan, Mar 8, 2019
Thema:

1. Tweaks that should be talked about more especially for low end systems - Similar Threads - Tweaks should talked

2. lockscreen talking about LGBTQ

in Windows 10 Gaming
    lockscreen talking about LGBTQ: why i see enough on t'v if you want to be that way fine but i shouldn't have to see anything about it in my own homemaybe i should switch to linux then put up with bill gates leftist agenda...
  3. lockscreen talking about LGBTQ

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    lockscreen talking about LGBTQ: why i see enough on t'v if you want to be that way fine but i shouldn't have to see anything about it in my own homemaybe i should switch to linux then put up with bill gates leftist agenda...
  4. What to do when talking about a path at the end of a sentence.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    What to do when talking about a path at the end of a sentence.: I'm the "computer wiz" of my family, and I'm often giving help via text to family members. Other times I'm posting on a game-related message board with somebody asking for help with mods. Note that this issue isn't related to modding games, it could be anything where I have...
  5. What to do when talking about a path at the end of a sentence.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    What to do when talking about a path at the end of a sentence.: I'm the "computer wiz" of my family, and I'm often giving help via text to family members. Other times I'm posting on a game-related message board with somebody asking for help with mods. Note that this issue isn't related to modding games, it could be anything where I have...
  6. What PUPs is this talking about?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    What PUPs is this talking about?: I keep getting the following when I open Windows Explorer to the downloads folder on my other, older computer. I'm logged in using a standard account, but know the admin password.How do I figure out what PUP Windows security is talking about? Clicking on it brings up "Virus &...
  7. low end slow pc

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    low end slow pc: i use windows 10/7 and linux in one 2010 LOW END pc which have 3 GB ram with 2.50 GHZ old dual core CPU and its slow how to improve the speed of my pc win 7 and linux works very well but windows 10 is very slow sometime the apps does not responds very well it takes some time...
  8. what kind of graphics card should i get for my low end system

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    what kind of graphics card should i get for my low end system: so what graphics card should I get for my low end system pc specs intel core i5-3470 CPU 3.20Ghz 3201Mhz 4 cores 8.00GB memory 240-v power supply dell OptiPlex 7010 desktop...
  9. Free to play PUBG for low-end Windows PCs will expand to more countries

in Windows 10 News
    Free to play PUBG for low-end Windows PCs will expand to more countries: PlayerUnknown’s Battlegrounds (PUBG) is already available for desktop, smartphones and gaming consoles. The makers recently launched a free to play version of PUBG for Windows PCs and after months of beta testing, the game is finally ready to expand to more countries. PUBG...
  10. Let's Talk About Edge

in Browsers and Email
    Let's Talk About Edge: Edge is a nice browser, currently my default. But Edge does not have a Command Bar to save a page to file (Documents). The only way to delete all Edge favorites at the same time is to "dig" deep into the system to find the Favorites folder or run a bat file. The...