Windows 10: Twice now Windows 10 has re-enabled Windows Update and restarted my system. How do I...

Discus and support Twice now Windows 10 has re-enabled Windows Update and restarted my system. How do I... in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Both times I was in the middle of some important multi-day data crunching. I've checked event viewer, filtering for ID 1074 , 6006 and 6008 and it... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Jonathan Cel, Nov 10, 2019.

1. Twice now Windows 10 has re-enabled Windows Update and restarted my system. How do I...

Both times I was in the middle of some important multi-day data crunching.

I've checked event viewer, filtering for ID 1074 , 6006 and 6008 and it appears RuntimeBroker has requested the shutdown on behalf of Windows Update - Which was disabled.

To be clear: I would rather this machine was a zombie botnet node than ever restart. They can 0-day their way to my bandwidth all they want, I just need the CPU cores. I need only a few KB of connectivity to check progress and understand the security risks. No lecture please.

How do I completely disable whatever mechanism re-enables windows update?

Secondly, is there grounds for a class action lawsuit here as this was not the fault of the software but a deliberate and planned action carried out manually by Microsoft.

:)

Jonathan Cel, Nov 10, 2019
  2. Haksery Win User

Windows 10 update being enabled.

Anyway , You are luckier than me. My computer was locked directly after updated to Windows 10 . but the solution is easy.

Haksery, Nov 10, 2019
  3. Nordic Win User
    Windows 10 upgrade problem, no input accepted

I really hate having to come here and ask for help, but I really am stumped. It hurts my geek pride. I have a PC with fairly modern hardware in it. It has a p8p67 pro in it. I have tried upgrading windows 10 on it twice now. Both times I have had the same result.

After windows finishes upgrading it goes to the log in/set up screen. I can't do anything. No keyboard or mouse input is accepted.

I will list some, or hopefully all, of the troubleshooting steps I have tried:
    • Move keyboard and mouse to different USB ports.
    • Try different keyboard or mouse.
    • Restart computer, repeatedly.
    • Google for related issues.
    • Update Bios, because why not.
    • Create boot media and revert to windows 7.
    The windows 10 system restore boot media works fine with keyboard and mouse. All USB ports work in windows 7. I don't know what is wrong. I suspect that windows 10 is lacking a driver of some sort, but since the computer accepts no input I have no way of checking for which driver let alone installing it.

Please help me figure this out. If I have to revert back to windows 7 again, I am not going to get it upgraded to windows 10. Thank you in advanced.

Nordic, Nov 10, 2019
  4. Twice now Windows 10 has re-enabled Windows Update and restarted my system. How do I...

Windows 10 update being enabled.

Sounds like task scheduler forces it to restart, course in svc.msc i make sure to deselect it from restarting after it fails.

eidairaman1, Nov 10, 2019
Thema:

Twice now Windows 10 has re-enabled Windows Update and restarted my system. How do I...

1. Twice now Windows 10 has re-enabled Windows Update and restarted my system. How do I... - Similar Threads - Twice has enabled

2. How do I re-enable a device?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I re-enable a device?: I disabled my laptop thinking it will remove the microsoft authenticator but it didn't. I want to re-enable my laptop so I can do some homework. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-re-enable-a-device/15496b0e-5886-464a-91b3-3e2e2f46d9cc
  3. How do I re-enable the admin account Windows 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I re-enable the admin account Windows 10: This was after I disabled the admin account after I used it for quite some time on my mother's laptop 3-ish years, didn't do any changes nor did I edit anything major. Now I can't run any apps requiring admin privileges. I tried to run both powershell and command prompt as...
  4. How do I re-enable the admin account Windows 10

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How do I re-enable the admin account Windows 10: This was after I disabled the admin account after I used it for quite some time on my mother's laptop 3-ish years, didn't do any changes nor did I edit anything major. Now I can't run any apps requiring admin privileges. I tried to run both powershell and command prompt as...
  5. How do I re-enable the admin account Windows 10

in Windows 10 Customization
  6. how do i prevent Windows 11 Sneaking on my system, it has trashed my system twice and i had...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    how do i prevent Windows 11 Sneaking on my system, it has trashed my system twice and i had...: how do i prevent Windows 11 Sneaking on my system, it has trashed my system twice and i had to reload Windows 10 from scratch to fix problem...
  7. how do i prevent Windows 11 Sneaking on my system, it has trashed my system twice and i had...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    how do i prevent Windows 11 Sneaking on my system, it has trashed my system twice and i had...: how do i prevent Windows 11 Sneaking on my system, it has trashed my system twice and i had to reload Windows 10 from scratch to fix problem...
  8. How do I re-enable Life At A Glance in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Customization
    How do I re-enable Life At A Glance in Windows 10: the last update for windows 10 version 2004 removed life at a glance programs when you click on the window button you need to come out whit a fix Steve...
  9. I disabled windows 10 update/now how do I re-enable

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    I disabled windows 10 update/now how do I re-enable: I disabled windows 10 update/now how do I re-enable it ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-update/1acc6efa-d078-4639-862a-0a9edda69ab8
  10. How do I re-enable Cortana?

in Windows 10 Support
    How do I re-enable Cortana?: I have disabled and renamed the folder of cortana, knowing not what I was doing and now I can't use the search function. I really need this for what I do. I thought I could close Cortana without getting rid of the search function, but I guess it did. *cry Now, I don't know...