Windows 10: Twice: PC crashed when closing Chrome browser

Discus and support Twice: PC crashed when closing Chrome browser in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Another strange problem Twice in few days, PC crash and became unresponsive after closing all Chrome tab at once. I rarely close a tab after using it... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by arjfca, Feb 24, 2019.

1. arjfca Win User

Twice: PC crashed when closing Chrome browser

Another strange problem

Twice in few days, PC crash and became unresponsive after closing all Chrome tab at once. I rarely close a tab after using it so I accumulate a lot of opened one. I got 24 g of memory ram installed. I did ran a memory test last week and no problem found.

My PC is not stable and I just can't source the problem. Other problem; Once in a while, PC won't wake up from the sleeping stage.

Any help appreciated

:)

arjfca, Feb 24, 2019

2. can't close googel chrome ???

There is a setting in Google Chrome that allows it to continue running various tasks in the background after you have closed the browser window. If this is allowed in your Google Chrome settings, then it can indeed be running even when there is no visible
    window. Personally, I don't allow Google Chrome to continue running in the background/ But that is for you to decide. To solve your immediate problem though, I suggest you turn off (don't allow) this option at least temporarily:

1. Start Google Chrome. There should of course be a visible browser window.
    2. Access the Google Chrome menu by clicking on the three dots at the top right corner of the browser window (it's just below the standard Microsoft icons to minimize maximize and close the window).
    3. Select "Settings" from that menu. Some basic Google Chrome settings should be displayed in the browser.
    4. Go to the bottom of the "Basic Settings" page and click on "Advanced".
    5. Locate the "System" group within the "Advanced Settings". Its near the bottom of this second settings page.
    6. One of the "System" settings is "Continue running background apps when Google Chrome is closed".

Turn this option OFF by sliding its little button to the left.
    7. Close the Google Chrome browser.
    There should now be no complaints about Google Chrome still running when you think it isn't.

If you would like to re-enable this feature later, just follow the same 7 Step procedure above.

Of course to re-enable the feature, replace "Turn this option OFF" in Step 6 with "Turn this option
    ON
    ".

I hope this helps.

Christopher Jeffrey Benson, Feb 24, 2019
  3. dorsetknob, Feb 24, 2019
  4. Twice: PC crashed when closing Chrome browser

Google Chrome crashes

Hi,

As per the description, I understand that the Chrome browser crashes. We will assist you to resolve the issue.

As an initial troubleshooting step, I suggest you to check whether you are able to repair Google Chrome and check if that helps.

In Search, enter Control Panel and select Control Panel.

• Select Programs > Programs and
      Features
      , and then select the program.
    • Select Uninstall to remove the program.
    • To fix the program, select Repair or, if that’s not available, Change.
    • Follow the directions on the screen
    If the repair option is not present, you may uninstall and reinstall the application and check if that helps.

If the issue still persists, it would be better if you contact the Google Chrome support for further assistance.

Hope the provided information helps. Let us know if you need further assistance. We will be happy to help.

Thank you.

Krishna Prasobh V, Feb 24, 2019
Thema:

Twice: PC crashed when closing Chrome browser

1. Twice: PC crashed when closing Chrome browser - Similar Threads - Twice crashed closing

2. Chrome and Firefox browsers close, Edge unaffected

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Chrome and Firefox browsers close, Edge unaffected: Directly following Microsoft Defender Antivirus cloud protection's gathering of additional security intelligence, both Firefox and Chrome browsers close.This happens multiple times a day, and is a recurring issue that has been going on for months.Edge is unaffected, and "just...
  3. Chrome and Firefox browsers close, Edge unaffected

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Chrome and Firefox browsers close, Edge unaffected: Directly following Microsoft Defender Antivirus cloud protection's gathering of additional security intelligence, both Firefox and Chrome browsers close.This happens multiple times a day, and is a recurring issue that has been going on for months.Edge is unaffected, and "just...
  4. Chrome and Firefox browsers close, Edge unaffected

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  5. Issue: Browser Chrome & Edge crash Instant Closing without any popup or notice

Issue: Browser Chrome & Edge crash Instant Closing without any popup or notice: Hello,I am facing this issue for couple to months.While I was browsing the internet using Chrome or Edge browser, It crashes and closes instantly with any popup or crash notice.I have tried to solve it by,scannow in CMDOS ResetFull System Antivirus scanReinstalling the...
  6. Pc crashing when closing games

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Pc crashing when closing games: I've recently been having to deal with BSOD when I close any games on my computer, I've tried to update drivers and bios drivers and done some research but nothing seem to work. it does leave a event on event viewer and a mini dump file but again I really don't know to well...
  7. Pc crashing when closing games

Pc crashing when closing games: I've recently been having to deal with BSOD when I close any games on my computer, I've tried to update drivers and bios drivers and done some research but nothing seem to work. it does leave a event on event viewer and a mini dump file but again I really don't know to well...
  8. How to Destroy Profile on Browser Close in Google Chrome

in Windows 10 News
    How to Destroy Profile on Browser Close in Google Chrome: [ATTACH]The Google Chrome browser is the most commonly used browser on Windows computers. However, […] This article How to Destroy Profile on Browser Close in Google Chrome first appeared on TheWindowsClub.com. read more...
  9. Google Chrome Browser Continuously Crashing

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Google Chrome Browser Continuously Crashing: I am an essay writer and working for an essay writing service. My nature of job requires me to use Google Chrome browser to use certain extensions and tools for my research, analysis and writing. I am encountering this issue from few days that whenever I use my browser in...
  10. Twice: PC crashed when closing Chrome browser

in Browsers and Email
    Twice: PC crashed when closing Chrome browser: Another strange problem Twice in few days, PC crash and became unresponsive after closing all Chrome tab at once. I rarely close a tab after using it so I accumulate a lot of opened one. I got 24 g of memory ram installed. I did ran a memory test last week and no problem...