Windows 10: Twin Drives Set up as Raid 1 format now show as Two separate drives following latest W10...

Discus and support Twin Drives Set up as Raid 1 format now show as Two separate drives following latest W10... in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hi Windows 10 PC with twin hard drives set up in Raid 1 format (ie any saved files save to both drives). Separate SSD for C Drive which holds any... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Guitar96, Feb 13, 2019.

1. Guitar96 Win User

Twin Drives Set up as Raid 1 format now show as Two separate drives following latest W10...

Hi

Windows 10 PC with twin hard drives set up in Raid 1 format (ie any saved files save to both drives). Separate SSD for C Drive which holds any programmes.

My Raid Drives are both drive D and show as two separate folders named "Raid 1 (DTwin Drives Set up as Raid 1 format now show as Two separate drives following latest W10... :)" in the file explorer.

When I save a file, it saves to both drives.

Since the latest Windows update, one of my Raid drives has changed from D drive to L drive (shows as "Raid 1 (LTwin Drives Set up as Raid 1 format now show as Two separate drives following latest W10... :)" in file explorer).

When I save a file now, it only saves to the D drive.

Is there a guide anywhere which helps me to understand how to rectify this please?

I guess it is about mapping ??????

Many thanks.

:)

Guitar96, Feb 13, 2019
  2. ms790 Win User

drive shows as intel raid 1 volume do not have raid set up

I have a crucial ssd that I boot from that shows up in device manager and a separate wd caviar black hdd that use for other storage. In bios it shows the correct model but in the device manager it shows as intel raid 1 volume. I have not set up raid.
    The size and everything is correct for the drive. I don't see any mirroring going on either. I'm not sure what has happened here.

ms790, Feb 13, 2019
  3. suraswami Win User
    Raid 1 Questions - Help Is Needed Quick !!!

Like the other guy said, backup and RMA it.

Step 1. Backup or store all the info to another external drive or source.
    Step 2. Put Drive 2 (after getting replacment drive for drive 1) along with Drive 1
    Step 3. Thru Bios Configure the drives to be part of Raid Group and specify Raid 1. So it will warn you about data loss. After conforming to that message its going to format both drives and group them as Raid 1.
    Step 4. Try to partition the drive if possible from with bios utility.
    Step 5. Install windows on first partition (it may ask for drivers)
    Step 6. If Windows XP SP 1 it will recognize the whole full 320GB. So finish installing the OS and update to SP2.
    Step 7. Go into Computer management and add the extra partition to the OS or u can partition into how many ever and add it.
    Step 8. May be you need to install Seagate optimize tool to see the full size of the drive.

Good luck.

suraswami, Feb 13, 2019
  4. Twin Drives Set up as Raid 1 format now show as Two separate drives following latest W10...

Formatting Flash Drives into RAID Format?

Hi. I was wondering if there is a way to format USB Drives into RAID format on Windows 10. I have 2 completely different USB drives, one with 121 MB and another with 123 MB. They're not large but I just want to test it out before moving onto my larger ones.

Zekiel Foncardas, Feb 13, 2019
Thema:

Twin Drives Set up as Raid 1 format now show as Two separate drives following latest W10...

1. Twin Drives Set up as Raid 1 format now show as Two separate drives following latest W10... - Similar Threads - Twin Drives Set

2. Set up raid with external drives????

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Set up raid with external drives????: Windows 11I have two 4TB external drives WD Red Plus I am trying to set up in a RAID array. Using Disk Management, both drives show Unallocated I select first drive, right click, select New Mirrored Volume. Click NextSelect second drive and click AddClick NextClick NextClick...
  3. Set up raid with external drives????

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Set up raid with external drives????: Windows 11I have two 4TB external drives WD Red Plus I am trying to set up in a RAID array. Using Disk Management, both drives show Unallocated I select first drive, right click, select New Mirrored Volume. Click NextSelect second drive and click AddClick NextClick NextClick...
  4. 1 Physical SSD showing up as two separate drives in windows 11.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    1 Physical SSD showing up as two separate drives in windows 11.: Hi,My laptop SSD is showing up as 2 separate drives. It is one 256GB physical drive SD8SN8U-256G-1006 but it has my storage split into "Local Disk C" and "New Volume D" and it is driving me crazy. Can someone help me recombine these, please? I'll have a reference photo...
  5. 1 Physical SSD showing up as two separate drives in windows 11.

1 Physical SSD showing up as two separate drives in windows 11.: Hi,My laptop SSD is showing up as 2 separate drives. It is one 256GB physical drive SD8SN8U-256G-1006 but it has my storage split into "Local Disk C" and "New Volume D" and it is driving me crazy. Can someone help me recombine these, please? I'll have a reference photo...
  6. Single SSD showing up as two separated drives.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Single SSD showing up as two separated drives.: A year ago, I bought a PC with a 480 GB NVMe SSD. Back then, in the store from I bought it, they asked me if i wanted to split the drive into two partitions of equal capacity 223223 GB which I accepted. Today I was trying to reinstall windows from a usb recovery media, and I...
  7. Single SSD showing up as two separated drives.

Single SSD showing up as two separated drives.: A year ago, I bought a PC with a 480 GB NVMe SSD. Back then, in the store from I bought it, they asked me if i wanted to split the drive into two partitions of equal capacity 223223 GB which I accepted. Today I was trying to reinstall windows from a usb recovery media, and I...
  8. Single SSD showing up as two separated drives.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  9. Twin drives configured as Raid 1 shows as separate drivers after Windows update

Twin drives configured as Raid 1 shows as separate drivers after Windows update: Hi Windows 10 PC with twin hard drives set up in Raid 1 format (ie any saved files save to both drives). Separate SSD for C Drive which holds any programmes. My Raid Drives are both drive D and show as two separate folders named "Raid 1 (D:)" in the file explorer. When...
  10. HH drive shows as intel raid 1 volume do not have raid set up

HH drive shows as intel raid 1 volume do not have raid set up: I have 2 Samsung SSD (one boot) and one wd caviar black hdd that use for other storage. No raid is set. In bios it shows the correct model for the 3 but in the device manager the HDD shows as intel raid 1 volume. The size and everything is correct for the drive. Although I...