Windows 10: Twinkle Tray: control brightness of multiple monitors on Windows

Discus and support Twinkle Tray: control brightness of multiple monitors on Windows in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; Twinkle Tray: Brightness Slider is a free Microsoft Store application for Windows devices that allows you to control the brightness of all connected... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by GHacks, Jul 12, 2022.

1. GHacks
    GHacks New Member

Twinkle Tray: control brightness of multiple monitors on Windows

Twinkle Tray: Brightness Slider is a free Microsoft Store application for Windows devices that allows you to control the brightness of all connected monitors individually.

Twinkle Tray: control brightness of multiple monitors on Windows twinkle-tray-brightness.png

While designed with multiple monitors in mind, Twinkle Tray works fine on single monitor systems as well.

Microsoft's Windows 10 and 11 operating systems provide basic controls when it comes to the brightness of connected displays. If you have used multi-monitor setups before on Windows, you may have noticed that it is not that easy to control the brightness of individual monitors comfortably on Windows PCs.

Adjusting the brightness on a single monitor works fine most of the time, but that is usually the extend of what is supported. On Windows 10, brightness controls may not even be provided on some systems.

Third-party developers created numerous applications to control the brightness on Windows systems efficiently. I reviewed DimScreen in 2010 as a program to change brightness levels quickly. Other programs worth mentioning include Win10_BrightnessSlider, Battery Mode, Modern Flyouts, or ClickMonitorDCC.

Twinkle Tray: Brightness Slider is a modern app for Windows 10 and 11 devices. It is an open source application that is available on GitHub and the Microsoft Store. Windows Package Manager users can install it with the command winget install twinkletray.

Twinkle Tray adds an icon to the system tray of the Windows operating system on start. A click on the icon displays a brightness slider for all connected displays. The displays need to support DDC/CI and WMI for communication, which most do.

The style of the interface matches the personalization settings of the user and the style of the Windows version.

Twinkle Tray: control brightness of multiple monitors on Windows brightness-controls-windows.jpg
    image credit: Twinkle Tray

You may use the sliders to adjust the brightness of each connected monitor individually. Each display is listed with a name for easier identification.

Twinkle Tray supports a number of extra features that may make it interesting to some users. When you open the settings, you may assign hotkeys to the following functions:

• Increase the brightness of all or a specific display.
    • Decrease the brightness of all or a specific display.
    • Turn off all monitors.

Options to modify the steps used to change the brightness level are provided as well.

Another useful feature is the option to change brightness levels automatically based on the time of day. Brightness may be set automatically for all displays or individually in the preferences.

Closing Words

Twinkle Tray: Brightness Slider is a well designed application for Windows 10 and 11 that improves brightness controls of devices running supported versions of Windows. The application's size is quite large, at over 80 Megabytes that are downloaded from the Microsoft Store. Windows users who prefer smaller apps and those who don't use the Microsoft Store, may check out the alternatives mentioned above instead.

Now You: how do you control the brightness of your systems? Do you change it regularly?

Thank you for being a Ghacks reader. The post Twinkle Tray: control brightness of multiple monitors on Windows appeared first on gHacks Technology News.

read more...

GHacks, Jul 12, 2022

2. monitor brightness?

Hi Tom,

To change your Windows 10 monitor brightness, we suggest that you follow the steps below:

• Click the Windows logo; then, search for Control Panel.
    • Select Hardware and Sound.
    • Choose Power Options.
    • On the next screen you should see brightness slider at the bottom of the Control Panel window.

We would appreciate it if you could get back to us and provide us your feedback.

Michael Gall, Jul 12, 2022
  3. miaosr Win User
    where to adjust brightness in my computer

Hi Jerico T.

thanks for your response and sorry for the late reply.

unfortunately. your suggestion and the solutions provided by this thread are not fix it, but finally as a workaroud. i find a software named Twinkle Tray can adjust brightness! ! !

miaosr, Jul 12, 2022
  4. John Sarc Win User

Brightness Control not working in Windows 10

Hi Ella,

To adjust the brightness, see the steps below:

• Go back to Power Options, and tick on the High performance.
    • See if you can adjust the brightness.

If this not work, we highly suggest that you create an Administrator account, and re-do the steps above.

Let us know how it goes.

John Sarc, Jul 12, 2022
Thema:

1. Twinkle Tray: control brightness of multiple monitors on Windows - Similar Threads - Twinkle Tray control

2. Twinkle Tray overlay Brightness bug: Why is my brightness not showing when using keyboard...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Twinkle Tray overlay Brightness bug: Why is my brightness not showing when using keyboard...: Hi everyone.I've been using the program: Twinkle Tray, downloaded from the Microsoft Store, for many months and up until now it was working perfectly. However just today as I've logged in to my Desktop PC - I've noticed that on my keyboard when using the ↑ arrow key to...
  3. Twinkle Tray overlay Brightness bug: Why is my brightness not showing when using keyboard...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Twinkle Tray overlay Brightness bug: Why is my brightness not showing when using keyboard...: Hi everyone.I've been using the program: Twinkle Tray, downloaded from the Microsoft Store, for many months and up until now it was working perfectly. However just today as I've logged in to my Desktop PC - I've noticed that on my keyboard when using the ↑ arrow key to...
  4. Twinkle Tray overlay Brightness bug: Why is my brightness not showing when using keyboard...

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
  5. Twinkle Tray Brightness bug: Why is my brightness not showing when using Hotkeys?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Twinkle Tray Brightness bug: Why is my brightness not showing when using Hotkeys?: Hi everyone.I've been using the program: Twinkle Tray, downloaded from the Microsoft Store, for many months and up until now it was working perfectly. However just today as I've logged in to my Desktop PC - I've noticed that on my keyboard when using the ↑ arrow key to...
  6. Twinkle Tray Brightness bug: Why is my brightness not showing when using Hotkeys?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Twinkle Tray Brightness bug: Why is my brightness not showing when using Hotkeys?: Hi everyone.I've been using the program: Twinkle Tray, downloaded from the Microsoft Store, for many months and up until now it was working perfectly. However just today as I've logged in to my Desktop PC - I've noticed that on my keyboard when using the ↑ arrow key to...
  7. Twinkle Tray Brightness bug: Why is my brightness not showing when using Hotkeys?

8. Twinkle Tray Brightness bug: Why is my brightness not showing when using Hotkeys?

9. Windows 10 Brightness control for external monitors

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Windows 10 Brightness control for external monitors: Hi, so you can adjust the brighntess of your monitor via hdmi, its an hdmi feature and for macOS there is a programm called Monitor Control which really changes your brightness of your monitor Is there an app for windows too ? Why isnt it in the system itself...
  10. Control Monitor Brightness Through Windows?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Control Monitor Brightness Through Windows?: Kind of a niche issue, but I recently decided to add a portable 13" monitor below my ultrawide to display system monitors and play videos while doing other things on my primary display. It's worked out really well, but the main issue i've been having is that the 13" monitor...