Windows 10: Twinui not allow to change default apps.

Discus and support Twinui not allow to change default apps. in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I am unable to change the default apps to the normal apps, they are set to Twinui and will not change when selecting another app. It just keeps... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by LaVern Anderson, Mar 11, 2020.

1. Twinui not allow to change default apps.

I am unable to change the default apps to the normal apps, they are set to Twinui and will not change when selecting another app. It just keeps reverting back to Twinui.

:)

LaVern Anderson, Mar 11, 2020

2. my default apps have been substituted by twinui

Yup, did the trick for me too. Originally I was able to choose the app I wanted from the list for those set as TWINUI, but Settings crashed when trying to apply the change.

• Open Mail, close, Photos, close, Films & TV, close, Groove Music, close, Edge, close.
    • Go back to Default Apps, all your TWINUIs should be replaced with the normal default, which you can now change.

Thanks for absolutely nothing M$. Creating another user account or restoring my system is NOT a solution to what is obviously a simple error.

Thanks @MikeZ123

jburton_trg_DW, Mar 11, 2020
  3. johnpd Win User
    TWINUI in place of some default apps

After upgrading several systems, on a couple of them I ran into an issue where instead on the standard Windows 10 default apps being listed for such things as Maps, Music Player, Photo Viewer, etc., "TWINUI" was listed. Fortunately it was easy to fix. All you have to do is open the standard default app, close it, go back to Settings, and it was miraculously fixed. It seemed to happen when going into a second user after the initial user setup completed and completing the setup for the second user.

JohnD

johnpd, Mar 11, 2020
  4. Twinui not allow to change default apps.

Twinui app not working and default photo app cannot be changed

I have a little Windows 10 problem. After the latest major Windows update (1709, KB4048951, KB4041994, KB890830), when I double click on a photo (.jpg file and similar jpeg extensions), I get the following error message:

“Windows cannot find ‘C:\Users\km.....\Desktop\..... .jpg’. Make sure you typed the name correctly, and try again.”

Checking some of the forums online, it appears that the Twinui app is not working. So, I tried to change that app to Windows Photo Viewer, which works fine with my jpg files, but Windows does not allow me to change the default app. It keeps the Twinui
    app, which apparently is built into the shell.

None of the simpler Twinui fixes that I found in the forums seem to work. Apparently, there is a way to change the default to Windows Photo Viewer, but it requires making some complex (at least for me) changes in the Registry, which might be risky and beyond
    my tech skills. I can try “Reset this PC”. I also looked for Restore Points, but apparently there are none (I probably deleted them with a recent Disk Cleanup). Do you know if MS is aware of the Twinui problem and if it has a fix for it? Is there a way to
    change the default to Windows Photo Viewer? Thanks.

ken_the_mop, Mar 11, 2020
Thema:

Twinui not allow to change default apps.

1. Twinui not allow to change default apps. - Similar Threads - Twinui allow change

2. TWINUI as Default App - Showed Up, Getting Worse

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    TWINUI as Default App - Showed Up, Getting Worse: Problem: My "default app by extension" settings suddenly changed so a bunch of them have been reset to TWINUI. I have no idea how or why this happened, I just suddenly found I got errors when I tried to open a PNG image. The good news is that if I pick an appropriate photo...
  3. Cannot change Default Applications [TWINUI]

in Windows 10 Customization
    Cannot change Default Applications [TWINUI]: Hello, I work in IT and I have a user who cannot change the default applications in windows settings. The Computer has already been re-imaged and is still having the same problem. I spoke with the computer manufacturer and they said that I would need to speak with...
  4. Default applications switches to TWINUI

Default applications switches to TWINUI: I am trying to change the default applications whichare set as Twinui. The problem is that they are not changing when I select a different app. They convert back to Twinui...
  5. Unable to change default apps, as it switches back to TWINUI

Unable to change default apps, as it switches back to TWINUI: I am unable to change the default apps to the normal apps, they are set to Twinui and will not change when selecting another app. It just keeps reverting back to Twinui. ***Original title: Twinui not allow to change default apps.***...
  6. All Windows Default Apps Won't Work, TWINUI

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    All Windows Default Apps Won't Work, TWINUI: I can't start any apps on windows, such as the app store itself, the mail app, or Groove Music. Help would be much appreciated, the troubleshooter doesn't do anything and I already tried restorehealth in the command prompt. [ATTACH][ATTACH]...
  7. remove TWINUI from default apps

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    remove TWINUI from default apps: I have used and scanned using sfc/scannow , I have used DISM after being logged in as Admin. I have still not removed TWINUI from being selected in default apps. I can still open files I wish after "opening with" which is a nuisance, I still want to remove TWINUI as it...
  8. Apps Reset To TWINUI

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Apps Reset To TWINUI: Before I Explain whats happening can a admin take me to the correct topic. My Music And map apps have been replaced with a app called TWINUI. If I Try To Open A Music File A error pops up. Any Help Pls I do have a system image recovery file but I don't know if that restores...
  9. TWINUI in default apps

TWINUI in default apps: TWINUI is shown in default apps section "Maps" and "Video Player" , how to get rid of it. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/twinui-in-default-apps/5558c25a-b11c-4dad-8701-9ce4237c7609
  10. Default app: TWINUI

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Default app: TWINUI: I have desperately been trying to open some files and unable to. I updated by computer on Friday evening the computer was off but when I got up on Saturday TWINUI became the default app for several programs I states it is recommended by Microsoft, but I seriously doubt that....