Windows 10: Twist on Black Screen issue

Discus and support Twist on Black Screen issue in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I've been running Windows 10 on my Dell desktop for a few months now with no major issues. Now, it decides to randomly act up. Anyhow... The... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by grtgonzo, Apr 7, 2016.

1. grtgonzo Win User

Twist on Black Screen issue

I've been running Windows 10 on my Dell desktop for a few months now with no major issues. Now, it decides to randomly act up. Anyhow...

The computer boots up to the login screen where it shows the picture. Once I hit a key it shows the user name and the password box for a split second, then the screen goes black with a moving cursor only. After about a minute the "picture" comes back and the same thing will happen again if I hit a key. Any ideas? Thanks for any help you can provide!

:)

grtgonzo, Apr 7, 2016

2. Black screen pop ups

Thank yo for responding.

Yes, I am able to log into my computer.

The black screens come up constantly just for seconds at the time.

The only thing I have been able to see is: C:users/myname/Appdata then then name Arcade Twist Cat

Will the solution you gave help this?

gracie2058, Apr 7, 2016
  3. Black screen issues while using RNS sofware on Windows 10.

Original Title: Black Screen with a twist

I've searched high and low about windows 10 black screen problems and I've found lots and lots of info......but none relate to the problem I'm having.

Just purchased a new laptop (Lenovo IdeaPad 100) to perform one task only - run navigation software on a yacht.

Machine came pre-loaded with win10 and I performed a compatibility install of the software (Raymarine RNS) from original disc.

Software loads and starts* and seems to function generally as expected, however when I try to perform certain tasks, I end up with a black screen. App is still running and I have cursor. If I hover over the taskbar icon, I see a popup of the application,
    showing the screen I had just tried to open, but if I click on the icon, I go back to black screen.

While in this state, any other app I try to launch suffers the same prob (app is running and will popup with hover, but selecting it causes black screen).

I can close the RNS software via taskbar and system returns to normal.

FYI: RNS software is looking for connection via ethernet port. While the front end of the app does not see this port (only shows wifi and virtual wifi miniport), data seems to be exchanging successfully.

I'm fairly certain that this will be a compatibility issue, so not strictly a Win10 issue, but any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Tentimes181, Apr 7, 2016
Thema:

Twist on Black Screen issue

1. Twist on Black Screen issue - Similar Threads - Twist Black Screen

2. "Black Screen" Issue

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    "Black Screen" Issue: Hello, I've been a ghost on this forum for a few years now and have had most of my issues fixed via the search function. However, the issue I have now hasn't been addressed since 2014 and the steps taken back then are not helping now. I am a computer technician at a county...
  3. Black screen issue

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Black screen issue: Hello, My system has a ryzen 5 5600x and gtx1650 while playing any game it works fine for 2-3 mins after that black screen appears it says No-Signal entering power saving modebut i can hear the background music that i play while gaming but not able to do anything finally need...
  4. Black screen issue.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Black screen issue.: I’ve recently built a PC. It has a Ryzen 7 5700G and am wanting to put a rtx 3060 but for now am testing a 780ti and I have tried 2 Ryzen 7 apu’s and every time I install the drivers for the apu or even the gpu in the middle of installing my pc crashes and then I get nothing...
  5. Black screen issue

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Black screen issue: I need help please. This laptop hard disk gave record unreadable errors so I replaced it with a new one and put the faulty one in a enclosure so that I can try and recover the data on it. Fresh install Windows 10 21H1 on it an start looking for recovery freeware on the...
  6. Windows 10 and thr infamous black screen of death...again...with perhaps a twist..

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Windows 10 and thr infamous black screen of death...again...with perhaps a twist..: I have a fairly beefy PC running windows 10. This morning on start up I found that the welcome screen would be displayed for a fraction of a second before a black screen with just the mouse cursor visable was displayed. Being fairly new to windows 10 running it since Feb I...
  7. Black screen issue

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Black screen issue: I am Mac user. My PC has Windows 10 installed. The machine was working without problems but recently I’ve had this issue. WhenI open Windows, I get a black screen https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/black-screen-issue/5729bc5e-9392-45cb-851c-24eb95478e8a
  8. Black Screen Issues

in Windows 10 Support
    Black Screen Issues: Since I updated my computer to Windows 10 I have been suffering from a mayor issue, that is every certain amount of time my computer screen will go totally black (like if it went to sleep mode) and computer will be completely unresponsive. I tried everything: formatted,...
  9. Cyborg F.L.Y 5 twist issue

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Cyborg F.L.Y 5 twist issue: Hello, I've purchased the Cyborg F.L.Y 5 Joystick for PC and everything works but the twist on the joystick.. I've triedc configuring it through the software and in ArmA 3 in-game and ArmA 2 .. no luck with the twist but everything else works.. I've been reading that a...
  10. that old right click issue with a twist?

in Windows 10 Support
    that old right click issue with a twist?: hey guys/girls, long time lurker, first time poster running win10 pro with creator update every-time i right on the desktop and try and create a "new" - file, folder, etc it crashes and refreshes the screen, all other right click inputs in the dialog i have work I...