Windows 10: Twist on Black Screen issue

Discus and support Twist on Black Screen issue in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I've been running Windows 10 on my Dell desktop for a few months now with no major issues. Now, it decides to randomly act up. Anyhow... The... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by grtgonzo, Apr 7, 2016.

1. grtgonzo Win User

Twist on Black Screen issue

I've been running Windows 10 on my Dell desktop for a few months now with no major issues. Now, it decides to randomly act up. Anyhow...

The computer boots up to the login screen where it shows the picture. Once I hit a key it shows the user name and the password box for a split second, then the screen goes black with a moving cursor only. After about a minute the "picture" comes back and the same thing will happen again if I hit a key. Any ideas? Thanks for any help you can provide!

:)

grtgonzo, Apr 7, 2016

2. Black screen pop ups

Thank yo for responding.

Yes, I am able to log into my computer.

The black screens come up constantly just for seconds at the time.

The only thing I have been able to see is: C:users/myname/Appdata then then name Arcade Twist Cat

Will the solution you gave help this?

gracie2058, Apr 7, 2016
  3. Black screen issues while using RNS sofware on Windows 10.

Original Title: Black Screen with a twist

I've searched high and low about windows 10 black screen problems and I've found lots and lots of info......but none relate to the problem I'm having.

Just purchased a new laptop (Lenovo IdeaPad 100) to perform one task only - run navigation software on a yacht.

Machine came pre-loaded with win10 and I performed a compatibility install of the software (Raymarine RNS) from original disc.

Software loads and starts* and seems to function generally as expected, however when I try to perform certain tasks, I end up with a black screen. App is still running and I have cursor. If I hover over the taskbar icon, I see a popup of the application,
    showing the screen I had just tried to open, but if I click on the icon, I go back to black screen.

While in this state, any other app I try to launch suffers the same prob (app is running and will popup with hover, but selecting it causes black screen).

I can close the RNS software via taskbar and system returns to normal.

FYI: RNS software is looking for connection via ethernet port. While the front end of the app does not see this port (only shows wifi and virtual wifi miniport), data seems to be exchanging successfully.

I'm fairly certain that this will be a compatibility issue, so not strictly a Win10 issue, but any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Tentimes181, Apr 7, 2016
Thema:

Twist on Black Screen issue

1. Twist on Black Screen issue - Similar Threads - Twist Black Screen

2. Black Screen Issues

in Windows 10 Support
    Black Screen Issues: Since I updated my computer to Windows 10 I have been suffering from a mayor issue, that is every certain amount of time my computer screen will go totally black (like if it went to sleep mode) and computer will be completely unresponsive. I tried everything: formatted,...
  3. Pc black screen issue

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Pc black screen issue: 3 moths back there was this issue of screen flickering and then going black...got laptop fan to cool it and it was like problem was solved ! But again the same problem ! But still i can see screen through chrome remote desktop and i can interact with it without any problem!...
  4. Black screen issues after updates

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Black screen issues after updates: So far EVERY update in the last 2 years to Windows 10 has created a black screen event on my desktop where nothing but a black screen is visible after doing the restart. This ONLY happens after updates and EVERY update. I did a reformat only 6months tops ago because that lot...
  5. Black screen // User account issues

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Black screen // User account issues: Hello everyone! Im having an issue where if I log into my main user account I get a black screen with a mouse in it. In this black screen I can access task manager and cmd. If I try to log in into my other user account I can get in with no trouble at all. Any ideas on how to...
  6. Server Backup....with a twist

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    Server Backup....with a twist: I am looking for a product I can install on my Server 2016 box at home that will backup two laptops and a tower....but store the backups on a NAS. Preferably free. I've been looking at Veeam and Vembu options, but it seems that they just get installed (fully) on each...
  7. Dual screen issue, 2nd screen turns black ...

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Dual screen issue, 2nd screen turns black ...: hey there, i got a problem with a dual screen setup. when i boot my computer and turn on monitors my 2nd monitor doesnt stay on. he usualy turns black. then i gotta turn em off and on again like two times before he stays on. when he stays on i can hear a very silent peep...
  8. Cyborg F.L.Y 5 twist issue

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Cyborg F.L.Y 5 twist issue: Hello, I've purchased the Cyborg F.L.Y 5 Joystick for PC and everything works but the twist on the joystick.. I've triedc configuring it through the software and in ArmA 3 in-game and ArmA 2 .. no luck with the twist but everything else works.. I've been reading that a...
  9. that old right click issue with a twist?

in Windows 10 Support
    that old right click issue with a twist?: hey guys/girls, long time lurker, first time poster running win10 pro with creator update every-time i right on the desktop and try and create a "new" - file, folder, etc it crashes and refreshes the screen, all other right click inputs in the dialog i have work I...
  10. Black Overlay Screen issue

in Windows 10 Support
    Black Overlay Screen issue: So, honestly, I have no clue what this is, why it's happening, and of course how to fix it. But, I would hope to think that posting it here may get some results. So, I've been having this issue for the past couple months, that whenever I turn on my computer, I get this...