Windows 10: Twitch Streams play back with audio pitched higher on Chromium-based browsers

Discus and support Twitch Streams play back with audio pitched higher on Chromium-based browsers in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I'm not sure what's going on here, but after I installed KB4532695, I have problems with audio playback on video streams from Twitch. The audio is... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Dwedit, Feb 8, 2020.

1. /u/Dwedit Win User

Twitch Streams play back with audio pitched higher on Chromium-based browsers

I'm not sure what's going on here, but after I installed KB4532695, I have problems with audio playback on video streams from Twitch. The audio is pitched almost a half-step higher for a while, then it eventually returns to the normal audio rate.

I'm aware of things like Audio and Video rate control, where framerate and sampling rate are varied over time to sync with the hardware better, but getting an entire half-step higher suggests something is very wrong.

I'm encountering this in Microsoft Edge Chromium and Brave (Chromium) browser, but Firefox is working fine.

The problems stayed even after I uninstalled KB4532695, so it may or may not be related.

submitted by /u/Dwedit
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/Dwedit, Feb 8, 2020

2. Higher pitch when playing DVDs in Window's Media player

Hi,

Thank you for contacting Microsoft Community.

• Which version of Windows media player have you installed?

I suggest you to follow the below steps to change the settings of Windows media player and check if it helps.

• Open the audio or video file in Windows Media Player. If the file is playing in the Library window, click the bottom-right "Switch to Now Playing" button.
    • Right-click anywhere in the Now Playing window, point to "Enhancements" and then select "Graphic Equalizer."
    • Select the graphic mode you prefer, such as individual adjustments or loose/fine groups. The icon next to the selection describes it, and a textual description appears if you hover your mouse pointer over the option.
    • Click and drag the sliders to change the pitch. You might notice the greatest effect around the 2 KHz slider, but what produces the most effect varies between people.
    • Click the small "X" at the top right of the Graphic Equalizer pop-up to close the utility.

Hope this information was helpful and do let us know if you need further assistance. We will be glad to assist.

Karthicka_R, Feb 8, 2020
  3. Microsoft Edge audio problem in Twitch

I have a problem with Microsoft Edge on my Surface Pro 4 not playing sound when running Twitch in the browser. The problem doesn't seem to exist when playing audio from YouTube or any other website/application, just Twitch, and it did work until recently.

RetroBackslash, Feb 8, 2020
  4. Lentha Q Win User

Cannot uninstall Chromium browser at all on Windows 10.

SusanMaryElizabeth;

followed the steps you have posted here and was doin' great until the very last step. opened my C: drive but no Chromium folder listed. any other suggestions? really want Chromium off my system as it's a pain in the butt!!!!

thanks for your assistance,

lentha

Lentha Q, Feb 8, 2020
Thema:

1. Twitch Streams play back with audio pitched higher on Chromium-based browsers - Similar Threads - Twitch Streams play

2. Password Manager Issues on Chromium Based Browsers

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Password Manager Issues on Chromium Based Browsers: Show Password Button/Link does not work in the Password Manager on Chromium Based browsers such as MS Edge or Google Chrome running on Windows 11 22H2.At times, nothing will happen and at other times the cursor will keep rolling for a few seconds as if a new browser tab is...
  3. Films & TV app plays purchased films in higher pitch.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Films & TV app plays purchased films in higher pitch.: I recently purchased my first film on the windows Films & TV app in which a song is played at the beginning. For some reason, the song plays in a higher pitch in comparison to the rest of the film, similar to YouTube videos that try and avoid a copyright strike. I don't...
  4. Films & TV app plays purchased films in higher pitch.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Films & TV app plays purchased films in higher pitch.: I recently purchased my first film on the windows Films & TV app in which a song is played at the beginning. For some reason, the song plays in a higher pitch in comparison to the rest of the film, similar to YouTube videos that try and avoid a copyright strike. I don't...
  5. Chromium Based Browsers Causing BSOD

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Chromium Based Browsers Causing BSOD: Hello,Desperate to have some help with a problem that's been driving me crazy. I wanted to install Google Chrome on my laptop, to use website features that don't work on Firefox. However, after only a few minutes of using it, I encounter a DRIVER_POWER_STATE_FAILURE crash. I...
  6. Chromium Based Browsers Causing BSOD

Chromium Based Browsers Causing BSOD: Hello,Desperate to have some help with a problem that's been driving me crazy. I wanted to install Google Chrome on my laptop, to use website features that don't work on Firefox. However, after only a few minutes of using it, I encounter a DRIVER_POWER_STATE_FAILURE crash. I...
  7. All My Chromium Based Browsers are Slow!

All My Chromium Based Browsers are Slow!: Hi all, I use Edge and Brave, All of a sudden after a restart, They've become very slow!...I tried Installing Chrome, Vivaldi but they're too slow! These are all Chromium Based Browser's, To get a confirmation that it's the problem with chromium based browsers I installed...
  8. Scrolling Stutter on Chromium-based Browsers

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Scrolling Stutter on Chromium-based Browsers: Hello Y'all. I have an annoying problem these days with my PC. Whenever I try to scrolling the page on chromium-based browsers, (Chrome, Opera, Edge Chromium doesn't matter) it stutters. This happens especially when I'm playing 1080P 60FPS videos or livestreams on Youtube and...
  9. Chromium based browsers: STATUS_ACCESS_VIOLATION

in Browsers and Email
    Chromium based browsers: STATUS_ACCESS_VIOLATION: Hi, I have been having this issue and it's really getting frustrating for me. It's a really stubborn problem. Things I've tried: 1. Updating Chrome 2. Renaming chrome.exe to something else 3. Clearing cache and cookies 4. Disabling steam running on startup (apparently this...
  10. Videos not playing in Chromium Browser.

in Browsers and Email
    Videos not playing in Chromium Browser.: I'm trying to use Chromium, as Google Chrome is getting more aggressive with data collection. The issue here is that I can not play any videos even after trying the following: Clearing all browsing data and relaunching. Allow Flash player. Uncheck "use hardware...