Windows 10: Twitter app on windows 10

Discus and support Twitter app on windows 10 in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I have Twitter app downloaded on my PC windows 10 and the notifications just stopped working. They don't show up anymore. I tried uninstalling and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by petema1, Sep 22, 2020.

1. petema1 Win User

Twitter app on windows 10

I have Twitter app downloaded on my PC windows 10 and the notifications just stopped working. They don't show up anymore. I tried uninstalling and changing the notifications settings but no option I do works.

I see others have this problem so please fix this Microsoft

:)

petema1, Sep 22, 2020
  2. Amit_Sun Win User

Twitter App

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

May I know, if you are facing this issue with only Twitter app or other apps as well?

We will have to try few troubleshooting steps to further eliminate the root cause of the issue and check.

Method 1:

1. Try resetting store app,
      Press Windows + R
      key on your keyboard and type wsreset on the run window and hit enter.
    2. If you have not rebooted your computer after Windows update, reboot the computer once and check.

Method 1:

1. Right click on the start menu and click on
      Windows PowerShell (Admin) that will run PowerShell in admin mode.
    2. Disable any antivirus program, if you have any.
    3. Type Get-AppxPackage –AllUsers –Name *twitter* it will give you the information of the twitter app.
    4. Copy the PackageFullName
      e.g. (Microsoft.WindowsStore_11807.1001.13.0_x64__8wekyb3d8bbwe) and save it on a notepad, the example on the bracket is for store app, you will have to copy for twitter app.
    5. Type Get-AppxPackage *twitter* | Remove-AppxPackage this will uninstall twitter app from the system.
    6. Reboot the system once.
    7. Open PowerShell again with step 1.
    8. Type in Add-AppxPackage -register "C:\Program Files\WindowsApps\< PackageFullName>\AppxManifest.xml" –DisableDevelopmentMode
    9. Replace <PackageFullName> with the name you have saved on step 4.
    10. Hit enter and let the installation complete.
    11. You can also install the app from Windows Store.

After the command is completed, you should be able to search for twitter app and use it from start menu.

Method 2:

1. You can also try to
      create a new user account
      and check if it works on the new user account.

If you still face the issue, reply to this post with more information.

Hope it helps.

Amit Sunar

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Amit_Sun, Sep 22, 2020
  3. Cannot uninstall twitter app in Windows 10

Apps & Features? That's what the other person just suggested and it doesn't work. The blank Twitter isn't listed.

How do you remove things from the Start Menu | All Apps list if they are UWP apps? There must be some way to modify the list and remove the icon. What file, directory or registry entry specifies this listing of Apps? Please let me know.

A Liljenberg, Sep 22, 2020
  4. Twitter app on windows 10

How to disable Autoplay in Twitter App?

Hi,

As you’re facing issue with switching off the auto play in Twitter app, we would assist you surely.

I suggest you to check with the bellow options mentioned;

• Check if there is any settings available with-in the app to disable the auto play settings.
    (Under setting there would be an option
    as never play videos automatically).

• If the option is not available, I suggest you to contact twitter support team for further assistance. They would be the best, to help you with this kind of issue.

Please revert back if any queries regarding windows, we would surely assist you.

Thank you.

Vidyashree_C, Sep 22, 2020
Thema:

Twitter app on windows 10

1. Twitter app on windows 10 - Similar Threads - Twitter app

2. "ms-wpc appblock" doesn't let me use my apps, one including twitter.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    "ms-wpc appblock" doesn't let me use my apps, one including twitter.: I tried to buy Minecraft and then logged into my account. It showed up like I didn't buy Minecraft like 2 mins ago. I figured out, I logged into the wrong account. But somehow, that activated ms-wpc appblock, parental or something and I can't use some apps like Twitter...
  3. "ms-wpc appblock" doesn't let me use my apps, one including twitter.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    "ms-wpc appblock" doesn't let me use my apps, one including twitter.: I tried to buy Minecraft and then logged into my account. It showed up like I didn't buy Minecraft like 2 mins ago. I figured out, I logged into the wrong account. But somehow, that activated ms-wpc appblock, parental or something and I can't use some apps like Twitter...
  4. Can't Uninstall Twitter App, entirely.....from Microsoft's Windows 10 Apps & Features...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't Uninstall Twitter App, entirely.....from Microsoft's Windows 10 Apps & Features...: Why will Microsoft Windows 10 not allow me to Uninstall the Twitter function entirely, from Apps & Features. It uninstalls one file, but not a 2nd one only 1.0 mgbts. What does this file/program DO? Has anyone investigated it?...
  5. Can't Uninstall Twitter App, entirely.....from Microsoft's Windows 10 Apps & Features...

Can't Uninstall Twitter App, entirely.....from Microsoft's Windows 10 Apps & Features...: Why will Microsoft Windows 10 not allow me to Uninstall the Twitter function entirely, from Apps & Features. It uninstalls one file, but not a 2nd one only 1.0 mgbts. What does this file/program DO? Has anyone investigated it?...
  6. Hyper Link Handling in Relation to the Twitter App

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Hyper Link Handling in Relation to the Twitter App: GOAL: I would like to click a Twitter link and have it open into the Twitter App or Twitter as a downloaded PWA.Problem: I'm an avid Discord user and when I click on a twitter link I'm always forced to open twitter into the browser of preference you set on Windows I use...
  7. Hyper Link Handling in Relation to the Twitter App

Hyper Link Handling in Relation to the Twitter App: GOAL: I would like to click a Twitter link and have it open into the Twitter App or Twitter as a downloaded PWA.Problem: I'm an avid Discord user and when I click on a twitter link I'm always forced to open twitter into the browser of preference you set on Windows I use...
  8. Hyper Link Handling in Relation to the Twitter App

in Windows 10 Customization
  9. Unable to open Twitter app on from the Microsoft Store.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to open Twitter app on from the Microsoft Store.: Good morning or afternoon to all, I am hoping to get a resolution to my problem with the Microsoft Store. Whenever I search for the Twitter app. it tells me that I own it, however when I click on it says, "This app requires the latest version of Microsoft Edge." I'm certain...
  10. Unable to open Twitter app on from the Microsoft Store.

Unable to open Twitter app on from the Microsoft Store.: Good morning or afternoon to all, I am hoping to get a resolution to my problem with the Microsoft Store. Whenever I search for the Twitter app. it tells me that I own it, however when I click on it says, "This app requires the latest version of Microsoft Edge." I'm certain...