Windows 10: Twitter App

Discus and support Twitter App in Microsoft Windows 10 Store to solve the problem; The twitter App downloaded from the store and added to my start menu does not work, it doesn't show toast / push notifications, even though I have it... Discussion in 'Microsoft Windows 10 Store' started by StuC33, Dec 1, 2018.

1. StuC33 Win User

Twitter App

The twitter App downloaded from the store and added to my start menu does not work, it doesn't show toast / push notifications, even though I have it turned on, its turned on in windows 10 settings under notifications and actions, the live tile doesn't work. It didn't work at all for me on Version 1803, I thought this might've been fixed for Version 1809, NOPE. Still not working. Here is a screenshot within the app that clearly shows push notifications is on.

Can someone tell me what to do about this.

What I don't want is the same generic answers I usually get from " moderators ", or " volunteers ", I want a proper solution to this annoying freaking problem that's plagued my life since I updated to 1803. It worked before 1803, so what changed other than the PWA, or is PWA the problem that needs seriously fixing because it doesn't work for me.

Twitter App ffd0c324-ba6e-4535-912c-5d62b881cca7?upload=true.png

:)

StuC33, Dec 1, 2018
  2. Billy Med Win User

Twitter Notifications

No worries, Russ. To get Twitter notifications on your device, we recommend that you follow these steps:

• Uninstall your Twitter application.
    • Open your Twitter from a computer and go to your settings.
    • Choose apps and remove access from Twitter for your Windows Phone.
    • Reinstall Twitter on your phone and grant it permission to connect to your account.
    You should receive Twitter notifications after a day or two.

Keep us posted.

Billy Med, Dec 1, 2018
  3. How to disable Autoplay in Twitter App?

Hi,

As you’re facing issue with switching off the auto play in Twitter app, we would assist you surely.

I suggest you to check with the bellow options mentioned;

• Check if there is any settings available with-in the app to disable the auto play settings.
    (Under setting there would be an option
    as never play videos automatically).

• If the option is not available, I suggest you to contact twitter support team for further assistance. They would be the best, to help you with this kind of issue.

Please revert back if any queries regarding windows, we would surely assist you.

Thank you.

Vidyashree_C, Dec 1, 2018
  4. Twitter App

Cannot uninstall twitter app in Windows 10

Apps & Features? That's what the other person just suggested and it doesn't work. The blank Twitter isn't listed.

How do you remove things from the Start Menu | All Apps list if they are UWP apps? There must be some way to modify the list and remove the icon. What file, directory or registry entry specifies this listing of Apps? Please let me know.

A Liljenberg, Dec 1, 2018
Thema:

Twitter App

1. Twitter App - Similar Threads - Twitter App

2. Twitter and Candy Crush apps still "Freeloading"!!!

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Twitter and Candy Crush apps still "Freeloading"!!!: Hi - is there anybody listening? Why is this still happening? Why is there no Delete function for these apps? Please advise the name of the department I need to send my Invoice to for your unauthorised use of my machine, internet etc....
  3. Why are Candy Crush & Twitter automatically added to Owned Apps for newly created Microsoft...

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Why are Candy Crush & Twitter automatically added to Owned Apps for newly created Microsoft...: Candy Crush and Twitter are no longer pre-installed on the Operating System. Why are Candy Crush and Twitter automatically added to user's app libraries? Why is there still no option to Remove these apps from the library? "Hide" is not removal. [ATTACH]...
  4. Twitter app in Windows 10 gets Night Mode and more features

in Windows 10 News
    Twitter app in Windows 10 gets Night Mode and more features: We are rolling out the following features to https://mobile.twitter.com , Twitter Lite, and Twitter for Windows to provide more consistency across platforms. See what’s new. [img] night mode [img] real time updates on reply, Retweet, and like counts [img] updated Tweet...
  5. Twitter’s PWA app for Windows 10 is getting a big update

in Windows 10 News
    Twitter’s PWA app for Windows 10 is getting a big update: Last month, Twitter made their new Progressive Web App (PWA) for Windows 10 official and confirmed that they are still committed to Microsoft’s desktop platform. Twitter today in a series of tweets announced that they are updating the Windows 10 app with support for night...
  6. Updated Twitter app changed language. Unable to return to English

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Updated Twitter app changed language. Unable to return to English: I used the previous version of the twitter app on windows 10 without problems. My preferred language was English and so was the interface. After updating to the new version of the app, the app now has an interface in Hebrew and displays from right to left. I've done all I...
  7. Twitter app on Windows 10 crashes immediately after opening

in Windows 10 Support
    Twitter app on Windows 10 crashes immediately after opening: I am having an issue with the official Twitter app on Windows 10. Every time I open the app, it shows for a split second then it closes. I cannot use it at all! I Googled the problem but nothing came up. throwing quotes around "Twitter" showed only one result saying that...
  8. Twitter releases its new Windows PWA app on Windows 10 Mobile

in Windows 10 News
    Twitter releases its new Windows PWA app on Windows 10 Mobile: Twitter has today updated its app on Windows 10 Mobile to the new PWA version that recently launched on Windows 10 desktop. Unfortunately, this means Windows 10 Mobile users will no longer receive things like push notifications, as notifications from the Twitter PWA rely on...
  9. Twitter app for Windows 10 updated to PWA

in Windows 10 News
    Twitter app for Windows 10 updated to PWA: Twitter has finally rolled out an update to its Universal Windows Platform (UWP) app, transitioning it to a Progressive Web App (PWA). The update practically revives the Twitter app for Windows 10, which has been abandoned for quite some time and unable to receive a number of...
  10. New Twitter app for Windows 10 available from Microsoft Store

in Windows 10 News
    New Twitter app for Windows 10 available from Microsoft Store: Beginning today, you can download an all-new Twitter app for Windows 10 from Microsoft Store. Available today, Twitter’s new app for Windows 10 is better than ever. It supports features that people on Twitter love, including longer Tweets, the Explore tab to find topics...