Windows 10: Twitter app

Discus and support Twitter app in Microsoft Windows 10 Store to solve the problem; Hello, I have a problem with the Twitter application coming from the Microsoft Store. I right click on it to pin it in the taskbar but as soon as I... Discussion in 'Microsoft Windows 10 Store' started by Natpars, Jul 20, 2021.

1. Natpars Win User

Twitter app

Hello, I have a problem with the Twitter application coming from the Microsoft Store. I right click on it to pin it in the taskbar but as soon as I turn off my PC, it disappears from the taskbar. I have to start over every time... Is that normal? I have this problem only on this application.

:)

Natpars, Jul 20, 2021
  2. Amit_Sun Win User

Twitter App

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

May I know, if you are facing this issue with only Twitter app or other apps as well?

We will have to try few troubleshooting steps to further eliminate the root cause of the issue and check.

Method 1:

1. Try resetting store app,
      Press Windows + R
      key on your keyboard and type wsreset on the run window and hit enter.
    2. If you have not rebooted your computer after Windows update, reboot the computer once and check.

Method 1:

1. Right click on the start menu and click on
      Windows PowerShell (Admin) that will run PowerShell in admin mode.
    2. Disable any antivirus program, if you have any.
    3. Type Get-AppxPackage –AllUsers –Name *twitter* it will give you the information of the twitter app.
    4. Copy the PackageFullName
      e.g. (Microsoft.WindowsStore_11807.1001.13.0_x64__8wekyb3d8bbwe) and save it on a notepad, the example on the bracket is for store app, you will have to copy for twitter app.
    5. Type Get-AppxPackage *twitter* | Remove-AppxPackage this will uninstall twitter app from the system.
    6. Reboot the system once.
    7. Open PowerShell again with step 1.
    8. Type in Add-AppxPackage -register "C:\Program Files\WindowsApps\< PackageFullName>\AppxManifest.xml" –DisableDevelopmentMode
    9. Replace <PackageFullName> with the name you have saved on step 4.
    10. Hit enter and let the installation complete.
    11. You can also install the app from Windows Store.

After the command is completed, you should be able to search for twitter app and use it from start menu.

Method 2:

1. You can also try to
      create a new user account
      and check if it works on the new user account.

If you still face the issue, reply to this post with more information.

Hope it helps.

Amit Sunar

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Amit_Sun, Jul 20, 2021
  3. How to disable Autoplay in Twitter App?

Hi,

As you’re facing issue with switching off the auto play in Twitter app, we would assist you surely.

I suggest you to check with the bellow options mentioned;

• Check if there is any settings available with-in the app to disable the auto play settings.
    (Under setting there would be an option
    as never play videos automatically).

• If the option is not available, I suggest you to contact twitter support team for further assistance. They would be the best, to help you with this kind of issue.

Please revert back if any queries regarding windows, we would surely assist you.

Thank you.

Vidyashree_C, Jul 20, 2021
  4. Billy Med Win User

Twitter app

Twitter Notifications

No worries, Russ. To get Twitter notifications on your device, we recommend that you follow these steps:

• Uninstall your Twitter application.
    • Open your Twitter from a computer and go to your settings.
    • Choose apps and remove access from Twitter for your Windows Phone.
    • Reinstall Twitter on your phone and grant it permission to connect to your account.
    You should receive Twitter notifications after a day or two.

Keep us posted.

Billy Med, Jul 20, 2021
Thema:

Twitter app

1. Twitter app - Similar Threads - Twitter app

2. "ms-wpc appblock" doesn't let me use my apps, one including twitter.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    "ms-wpc appblock" doesn't let me use my apps, one including twitter.: I tried to buy Minecraft and then logged into my account. It showed up like I didn't buy Minecraft like 2 mins ago. I figured out, I logged into the wrong account. But somehow, that activated ms-wpc appblock, parental or something and I can't use some apps like Twitter...
  3. "ms-wpc appblock" doesn't let me use my apps, one including twitter.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    "ms-wpc appblock" doesn't let me use my apps, one including twitter.: I tried to buy Minecraft and then logged into my account. It showed up like I didn't buy Minecraft like 2 mins ago. I figured out, I logged into the wrong account. But somehow, that activated ms-wpc appblock, parental or something and I can't use some apps like Twitter...
  4. Can't Uninstall Twitter App, entirely.....from Microsoft's Windows 10 Apps & Features...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't Uninstall Twitter App, entirely.....from Microsoft's Windows 10 Apps & Features...: Why will Microsoft Windows 10 not allow me to Uninstall the Twitter function entirely, from Apps & Features. It uninstalls one file, but not a 2nd one only 1.0 mgbts. What does this file/program DO? Has anyone investigated it?...
  5. Can't Uninstall Twitter App, entirely.....from Microsoft's Windows 10 Apps & Features...

Can't Uninstall Twitter App, entirely.....from Microsoft's Windows 10 Apps & Features...: Why will Microsoft Windows 10 not allow me to Uninstall the Twitter function entirely, from Apps & Features. It uninstalls one file, but not a 2nd one only 1.0 mgbts. What does this file/program DO? Has anyone investigated it?...
  6. Hyper Link Handling in Relation to the Twitter App

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Hyper Link Handling in Relation to the Twitter App: GOAL: I would like to click a Twitter link and have it open into the Twitter App or Twitter as a downloaded PWA.Problem: I'm an avid Discord user and when I click on a twitter link I'm always forced to open twitter into the browser of preference you set on Windows I use...
  7. Hyper Link Handling in Relation to the Twitter App

Hyper Link Handling in Relation to the Twitter App: GOAL: I would like to click a Twitter link and have it open into the Twitter App or Twitter as a downloaded PWA.Problem: I'm an avid Discord user and when I click on a twitter link I'm always forced to open twitter into the browser of preference you set on Windows I use...
  8. Hyper Link Handling in Relation to the Twitter App

in Windows 10 Customization
  9. Unable to open Twitter app on from the Microsoft Store.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to open Twitter app on from the Microsoft Store.: Good morning or afternoon to all, I am hoping to get a resolution to my problem with the Microsoft Store. Whenever I search for the Twitter app. it tells me that I own it, however when I click on it says, "This app requires the latest version of Microsoft Edge." I'm certain...
  10. Unable to open Twitter app on from the Microsoft Store.

Unable to open Twitter app on from the Microsoft Store.: Good morning or afternoon to all, I am hoping to get a resolution to my problem with the Microsoft Store. Whenever I search for the Twitter app. it tells me that I own it, however when I click on it says, "This app requires the latest version of Microsoft Edge." I'm certain...