Windows 10: Twitter down: Site stops working for users around the world

Discus and support Twitter down: Site stops working for users around the world in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; Online news and social networking service Twitter is down in many parts of the world. According to reports from users on DownDetector, the latest major... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by WinLatest, Jul 11, 2019.

1. WinLatest New Member

Twitter down: Site stops working for users around the world

Online news and social networking service Twitter is down in many parts of the world. According to reports from users on DownDetector, the latest major issue to Twitter website is not letting users access the platform.

Users in the United States, Europe and Asia are unable to access the site today. The majority of Twitter users are facing problems using the web or desktop version specifically. Twitter for Windows 10, Android and iOS is also experiencing the problem.

“Something is technically wrong – Thanks for noticing—we’re going to fix it up and have things back to normal soon,” the error reads.

It looks like the outage began at 2:45PM EST and it is also hitting Tweetdeck, a platform that offers advanced Twitter experience.

As per the latest, Twitter website did load for the users, but a new error ‘We’re having trouble loading your timeline’ appeared.

Developing story..

The post Twitter down: Site stops working for users around the world appeared first on Windows Latest

Weiterlesen...

WinLatest, Jul 11, 2019

2. Twitter makeover goes live for mobile users, claims to boost ease of use

Character-constrained carrier bird Twitter has today begun to showcase to the world its brand new look, one that aims to streamline sharing, connecting, following and discovery. Now available through mobile.twitter.com, Twitter for iPhone, and Twitter for Android, the redesigned micro-blogging platform offers an interface that revolves around five main tabs - Home, Connect, Discover, Me and Tweet.

Twitter down: Site stops working for users around the world twitter_new_home_01_thm.jpg

Twitter down: Site stops working for users around the world twitter_new_connect_01_thm.jpg

Twitter down: Site stops working for users around the world twitter_new_discover_01_thm.jpg

The Home tab is all about the tweets coming in from the people and/or companies the user follows. For each tweet you can also check out the responses and comments available, as well as the embedded images and videos. Moreover, here you can find suggestions on new people to follow and a list of the latest Twitter trends.

The Connect section lets users see who retweeted, favorited or mentioned their tweets. The Discover tab, which is marked by the hashtag logo, lists the stories and tweets that may be of interest. Their relevance is determined by the user's current location and the people he/she follows. Here Twitter also provides a larger suggestion list, friend searching, and a window to browse accounts by category.

Twitter down: Site stops working for users around the world twitter_new_profile_01_thm.jpg

Twitter down: Site stops working for users around the world twitter_new_tweet_01_thm.jpg

The Profile tab is where you can edit your Twitter-ego, see and send personal messages, and check out your image and video uploads. Last but not least there's the Tweet button for sending your 140-character messages out to the world. The tweaked Tweet button is bigger and enables people to quickly tag their location, associate trends to tweets and, of course, to put up photos and videos.

As already mentioned, the 'new and improved' Twitter is available for mobile users, but the desktop crowd should get it too, in the next few weeks.

Cristian_25H, Jul 11, 2019
  3. JWayne111 Win User
    Twitter App stop working on Windows 10.

Original Title: Twitter App stop working

I have read other issues with twitter app and the struggles to resolve. So I ask before I try the obvious

uninstall/install to try and correct.

#1 I have a HP probook laptop and upgraded from 7pro to 10 > I did have to reset windows 10

and very possible the app was installed before the reset. (I do use twitter through the browser

often)

#2 the Windows store works fine best I can tell and shows twitter installed

#3 Twitter app shows my name and avatar picture but follows and followers are 0 > also displays

all my lists I have created within app.

home timeline displays "please tap to retry" "we're sorry, there is a problem completing the request.

please check your network connectivity and try again...other command attempts will display "cannot retrieve

activity at this time" or "aren't loading right now".

I do not use but a couple of apps and do not want to compound a potential issue. Uninstall and install seems

to be the obvious first step (?) is uninstall only possible through tile on start menu ?

How do I get my twitter app to start working again ?

(my 2nd attempt at this question > was misunderstood for skype the first time)

JWayne111, Jul 11, 2019
  4. Twitter down: Site stops working for users around the world

Twitter integration into the 'What's New' section of the People hub.

The Twitter feed integration is still in its infancy, so there are some limitations to how it works. As of right now, there is no way through the "What's New" section to allow Twitter contacts to show, if those contacts are filtered out of your contact list.
    It would be a nice feature suggestion on the
    User Voice Site

For now, you may have to use a Twitter App or the Twitter website to see all of your twitter contacts.

Queen_Ladybug, Jul 11, 2019
Thema:

Twitter down: Site stops working for users around the world

1. Twitter down: Site stops working for users around the world - Similar Threads - Twitter down Site

2. My authentication for several sites has stopped working.

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    My authentication for several sites has stopped working.: I have noticed I'm no longer able to log in to numerous websites. The number of sites seems to have increased during the past few weeks. I can log in on my phone but on my laptop, it says authentication failed. I tried the following steps:- Different browsers,- Private mode,-...
  3. Pictures from around the world

in Windows 10 Customization
    Pictures from around the world: I wasn't sure what sub-topic to put this under. Until this weekend, when I started my computer or it went to sleep, I would see a picture from somewhere around the world. Mouse click at the top, it would ask if I liked it or not. Mouse click in the middle, it would tell me...
  4. Twitter stops prompting Quote Tweets

in Windows 10 News
    Twitter stops prompting Quote Tweets: After learning from this product experience, we’re sharing an update: today Retweet functionality will be returning to the way it was before. Here's what we saw while we prompted Quote Tweets (1/4): Tweet — Twitter API (@user) View on Twitter Tweet — Twitter API...
  5. After update, World of Tanks stopped working

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    After update, World of Tanks stopped working: The issue occurred after the last update. When I press the play button for World of Tanks, this game starts loading but then I am kicked back to the Play open again "add infinitum". Please help me I really don’t know how to deal with this issue....
  6. windows 10 startup pictures of the world travel sites

in Windows 10 Customization
    windows 10 startup pictures of the world travel sites: I don't want these loading. I'm having trouble loading my computer and I want to trim down all the extras at startup. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-startup-pictures-of-the-world-travel/9524460d-8cee-42a8-9be2-ec53383bb759
  7. Microsoft Family Site Down

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Microsoft Family Site Down: The fault is at your end - as that is what the screen says, and that's fine. When will it be fixed as my children cannot access their computers. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/microsoft-family-site-down/1503c520-c63e-4a19-aeb4-06c9ae2fc13c"
  8. Arcades around the world....

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Arcades around the world....: Ah yes, the good old days of hanging out at a video arcade..... Incredible arcades around the world : theCHIVE 873660 3103
  9. Microsoft sites down in UK?

in Windows 10 Support
    Microsoft sites down in UK?: Trying to get to the Win 10 page, Access Denied or links in the Tutorial section just produces a blank page? Anyone else with this problem? 56441
  10. Celebrating Windows 10 Devices Around the World

in Windows 10 News
    Celebrating Windows 10 Devices Around the World: Over the last few weeks, we’ve been celebrating new Windows 10 devices as they were unveiled around the world. It’s been an incredible journey – traveling 29,000 miles in less than two weeks from NYC to Barcelona to San Francisco to Taipei to Tokyo to Seoul and back to San...