Windows 10: Twitter to discontinue Periscope app by March 2021

Discus and support Twitter to discontinue Periscope app by March 2021 in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; [img] Periscope Community, Today, we’re sharing that we have made the difficult decision to discontinue Periscope as a separate mobile... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by Brink, Dec 15, 2020.

1. Brink Win User

Twitter to discontinue Periscope app by March 2021

Source: Farewell, Periscope | by Periscope | Dec, 2020 | Medium

:)

Brink, Dec 15, 2020

2. Symbian Twitter discontinued

Hello there.

I live in Portugal. My only phone is the N8.

Two days ago i received a tweet from Microsoft, saying the Nokia Social Apps (Twitter and Facebook)

will be discontinued in 24 October 2014. Lucly there still is a stand alone Facebook app, but Twitter is gone. I have to load the phone browser to check Twitter. But, twitter wants to send me phone sms to confirm the account login. Twitter says in Portugal
    my phone carrier is not supported. So i
    cannot use twitter on my N8. Microsoft is telling me: "Buy another phone if you want to use twitter". Very sad.

Sorry, i know the phone is old, etc, but i had to write this.

Thank you.

j_henriques, Dec 15, 2020
  3. Amit_Sun Win User
    Twitter App

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

May I know, if you are facing this issue with only Twitter app or other apps as well?

We will have to try few troubleshooting steps to further eliminate the root cause of the issue and check.

Method 1:

1. Try resetting store app,
      Press Windows + R
      key on your keyboard and type wsreset on the run window and hit enter.
    2. If you have not rebooted your computer after Windows update, reboot the computer once and check.

Method 1:

1. Right click on the start menu and click on
      Windows PowerShell (Admin) that will run PowerShell in admin mode.
    2. Disable any antivirus program, if you have any.
    3. Type Get-AppxPackage –AllUsers –Name *twitter* it will give you the information of the twitter app.
    4. Copy the PackageFullName
      e.g. (Microsoft.WindowsStore_11807.1001.13.0_x64__8wekyb3d8bbwe) and save it on a notepad, the example on the bracket is for store app, you will have to copy for twitter app.
    5. Type Get-AppxPackage *twitter* | Remove-AppxPackage this will uninstall twitter app from the system.
    6. Reboot the system once.
    7. Open PowerShell again with step 1.
    8. Type in Add-AppxPackage -register "C:\Program Files\WindowsApps\< PackageFullName>\AppxManifest.xml" –DisableDevelopmentMode
    9. Replace <PackageFullName> with the name you have saved on step 4.
    10. Hit enter and let the installation complete.
    11. You can also install the app from Windows Store.

After the command is completed, you should be able to search for twitter app and use it from start menu.

Method 2:

1. You can also try to
      create a new user account
      and check if it works on the new user account.

If you still face the issue, reply to this post with more information.

Hope it helps.

Amit Sunar

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Amit_Sun, Dec 15, 2020
  4. Twitter to discontinue Periscope app by March 2021

How to disable Autoplay in Twitter App?

Hi,

As you’re facing issue with switching off the auto play in Twitter app, we would assist you surely.

I suggest you to check with the bellow options mentioned;

• Check if there is any settings available with-in the app to disable the auto play settings.
    (Under setting there would be an option
    as never play videos automatically).

• If the option is not available, I suggest you to contact twitter support team for further assistance. They would be the best, to help you with this kind of issue.

Please revert back if any queries regarding windows, we would surely assist you.

Thank you.

Vidyashree_C, Dec 15, 2020
Thema:

Twitter to discontinue Periscope app by March 2021

1. Twitter to discontinue Periscope app by March 2021 - Similar Threads - Twitter discontinue Periscope

2. Twitter app

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Twitter app: Hello, I have a problem with the Twitter application coming from the Microsoft Store. I right click on it to pin it in the taskbar but as soon as I turn off my PC, it disappears from the taskbar. I have to start over every time... Is that normal? I have this problem only on...
  3. New Twitter PWA update released - March 31, 2021

in Windows 10 News
    New Twitter PWA update released - March 31, 2021: New Fleets: Weâ&#128;&#153;ve enabled DM Fleet previews and the Fleet viewer screen for all. Nudges: When Retweeting a Tweet that contains a link to an article, youâ&#128;&#153;ll now be shown a nudge prompting you to think about reading the article before you share. Topics:...
  4. March update 2021

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    March update 2021: After the update my HP Envy will start typing on its own or i will see the number 0 a million times or the * a million times . When this happens it wont allow me to open the restart button or anything it will keep closing it as soon as its open. Anyone else have this issue?...
  5. Latest update March 2021

in Windows 10 Customization
    Latest update March 2021: If there were any bug fixes, I get it, I understand the need to prune the system, but you touched my personalization. **** off. Seriously, I liked it the way it was. I liked having a dark color taskbar but light color settings app. I don't want everything on my desktop to be...
  6. march 2021 update faulty

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    march 2021 update faulty: hey brain dead microsoft idiots do it AGAIN your latest updates have disconnected audio disconnected my microphone from system disconnected flightsim 202 from system DO NOT tell me to check if my pc is plugged in. Do not tell me to try another appliance in the socket...
  7. Cumulative updates March 2021

Cumulative updates March 2021: This is a summary of the cumulative updates released on March 9th for all the supported consumer releases of Windows 10. Windows 10 version 2004 and version 20H2 - KB5000802, Build 19041.860 and 19042.860 Windows 10 versions 1909 - KB5000808, Build 18363.1440...
  8. Microsoft March 2021 Security Updates

Microsoft March 2021 Security Updates: March 2021 Security Updates Updates this Month This release consists of security updates for the following products, features and roles. Application Virtualization Azure Azure DevOps Azure Sphere Internet Explorer Microsoft ActiveX Microsoft Exchange Server Microsoft Edge...
  9. Twitter App

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Twitter App: The twitter App downloaded from the store and added to my start menu does not work, it doesn't show toast / push notifications, even though I have it turned on, its turned on in windows 10 settings under notifications and actions, the live tile doesn't work. It didn't work at...
  10. Twitter discontinuing Vine video service

in Windows 10 News
    Twitter discontinuing Vine video service: Important News about Vine Since 2013, millions of people have turned to Vine to laugh at loops and see creativity unfold. Today, we are sharing the news that in the coming months we’ll be discontinuing the mobile app. Nothing is happening to the apps, website or your...