Windows 10: Twitter will delete inactive accounts on December 11

Discus and support Twitter will delete inactive accounts on December 11 in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; We encourage people to actively log in and use Twitter when they register an account. To keep your account active, be sure to log in and Tweet at least... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by Brink, Nov 27, 2019.

1. Brink Win User

Twitter will delete inactive accounts on December 11

Read more: Inactive account policy

:)

Brink, Nov 27, 2019
  2. Guest1 Win User

Unable to delete twitter account

How to Fix your Integrated Twitter account on your Windows Phone.
    • Go to your settings.
    • Select “email+accounts
    • Find your twitter account on this list.
    • Tap and hold this twitter account and select “Delete
    • After the phone tells you everything has been deleted you can turn off your phone.
    • Turn back on the Phone.
    • Go to your settings
    • Select “email+accounts
    • Select “add an account
    • Select “twitter
    • Input your credentials and authorize the Phone to use your Twitter account.
    • The message “setting up the account” will be displayed.
    • Wait about 5-10 minutes

Guest1, Nov 27, 2019
  3. Guest2 Win User

I added a twitter account on my Samsung Omnia 7, and got Windows Live synchronization stuck with "not up-to-date" / error 86000108. Then I tried to remove twitter, but it was automatically re-added.

I also tried to revoke access for Windows Live, no effect. Twitter account is still re-created each time I trying to delete it from the list.

Twitter is also listed twice on my Live Profile/My Updates page, with different icons. However, I cannot remove twitter from my profile page too, because site keeps crashing with "We're sorry, there was a problem showing this page. We experienced some technical
    difficulties retrieving the content.".

Could anyone from support staff help me to remove twitter accounts and fix the synchronization?

UPD: tried all solutions listed in http://support.microsoft.com/kb/2464629, no effect.

Guest2, Nov 27, 2019
  4. Guest3 Win User

I have the same issue and I tried your suggestion but it doens't work.

* I removed Windows Live and Windows Phone from my app-list in Twitter (revoked access).

* I removed Twitter from my Windows Phone 7.5, but after the auto-sync with my Live account my Twitter appears again.

* Tried the same through a WiFi connection and 3G-connection.

I cannot find anymore solutions.

If you ask me, a serious privacy violation, considering the fact that I revoked access to all Microsoft services in my Twitter account.

Guest3, Nov 27, 2019
Thema:

1. Twitter will delete inactive accounts on December 11 - Similar Threads - Twitter delete inactive

2. Delete old inactive work or school account on Windows 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Delete old inactive work or school account on Windows 10: Hi,I need to remove an old inactive school account from my windows 10 PC.The school no longer has access granted to me so I cannot sign in and I am constantly getting prompted to resolve the issue with my account when I log into the PC or open the mail app, which is...
  3. Delete old inactive work or school account on Windows 10

in Windows 10 Customization
    Delete old inactive work or school account on Windows 10: Hi,I need to remove an old inactive school account from my windows 10 PC.The school no longer has access granted to me so I cannot sign in and I am constantly getting prompted to resolve the issue with my account when I log into the PC or open the mail app, which is...
  4. Unable to Delete Tweet Twitter

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to Delete Tweet Twitter: Alright https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/unable-to-delete-tweet-twitter/b805666e-1264-43df-9288-3d0f2b35dfbd
  5. Unable to Delete Tweet Twitter

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Unable to Delete Tweet Twitter: Alright https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/unable-to-delete-tweet-twitter/b805666e-1264-43df-9288-3d0f2b35dfbd
  6. Unable to Delete Tweet Twitter

7. Questions about creation and deletion of inactive accounts

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Questions about creation and deletion of inactive accounts: In the past, I was not very familiar with Microsoft Windows 10 reset settings or account deletion features. If something did not work properly with Windows 10 or if I wanted to start fresh, I would wipe my computer clean and create a new Microsoft account after re-installing...
  8. MoneyPoint: inactive accounts

MoneyPoint: inactive accounts: I use MoneyPoint on my Windows 10 PC. I wonder if I could hide inactive accounts that are greyed out. I don’t want to see them listed at all. Thank you https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/moneypoint-inactive-accounts/4da95e17-f0a3-4f34-bc9e-b48b13afe996
  9. New Twitter PWA update - December 10

in Windows 10 News
    New Twitter PWA update - December 10: We've added a fun animation every time you tap a the heart on a Tweet. Check it out by clicking/tapping the heart on a Tweet! On widescreen devices, you will now be able to see more detailed trends on the right. We've made sharing via direct message (DM) better! You can now...
  10. delete inactive work email

delete inactive work email: How can I delete a work email account app for which I no longer have access? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/delete-inactive-work-email/ce47ea8e-b943-4a6a-9227-989f56aa21f8