Windows 10: two accounts - delete one please

Discus and support two accounts - delete one please in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I have inadvertently created two microsoft accounts. I wish to delete the one connected to my new computer. I then wish to loginto my old account as it... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by CKyme-Hobson, Jan 13, 2023.

1. two accounts - delete one please

I have inadvertently created two microsoft accounts. I wish to delete the one connected to my new computer. I then wish to loginto my old account as it has subscription details etc. How do I do this?Are there any humans I can speak with. carey

:)

CKyme-Hobson, Jan 13, 2023
  2. Vesao Win User

Remove account

I suggest you backup your personalized files first before removing the account.
    To delete an account, follow these steps:
    1. Press WIN + X keys and click Command Prompt (Admin) from the menu.
    2. Type the following command and press Enter. Replace test with the name of your sister's account. Code:

Vesao, Jan 13, 2023
  3. Deleted account keeps reappearing

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

Is it still appearing no matter how you try to delete? I suggest you to follow the steps below to remove user account from your computer, and check if it helps. Try the ones you’re comfortable with.

Step 1: Steps to Remove a User Account in Settings

• Press Windows
      key, click on Settings.

• Click on Account, click on
      Family and other users.

• Select the user you want to delete under
      Other users and click on Remove.

• Accept the UAC (User Account Control) prompt.

• Select Delete account and data if you wish to delete account and the data and follow onscreen instructions.

Step 2: Steps to Delete a User Account in Command Prompt

• Press Windows + X keys from the keyboard, select
      Command Prompt (Admin).

• Type net user and hit Enter
      to list the user accounts on your device.

• Type net user "User account”
      /delete and hit Enter to delete the user account.

Step 3: Steps to Delete a User Account in Run command.

• Press Windows + R and type netplwiz, press
      Enter.

• Select the User account, click on the
      Remove
      button.
    Regards.

SujataMoktan, Jan 13, 2023
  4. Samuria Win User

two accounts - delete one please

[Solved] Delete "Ghost" Account?

It wont show a users folder until its been logged in

Note: When you want to delete a user account from your computer:

You must be signed in as an administrator to be able to delete a user account.

You will not be able to delete a user account that is currently signed in. You will need to sign out the user first.

Be sure to always have at least one enabled administrator account on the PC to avoid not being able to perform actions that require administrator rights.

Step 1: Steps to Remove a User Account in Settings

Press Windows key, click on Settings.

Click on Account, click on Family and other users.

Select the user you want to delete under Other users and click on Remove.

Accept the UAC (User Account Control) prompt.

Select Delete account and data if you wish to delete account and the data and follow onscreen instructions.

OR

Step 2: Steps to Delete a User Account in Command Prompt

Press Windows + X keys from the keyboard, select Command Prompt (Admin).

Type net user and hit Enter to list the user accounts on your device.

Type net user "User account " /delete and hit Enter to delete the user account.

Samuria, Jan 13, 2023
Thema:

two accounts - delete one please

1. two accounts - delete one please - Similar Threads - accounts delete please

2. two accounts - delete one please

in Windows 10 Gaming
    two accounts - delete one please: I have inadvertently created two microsoft accounts. I wish to delete the one connected to my new computer. I then wish to loginto my old account as it has subscription details etc. How do I do this?Are there any humans I can speak with. carey...
  3. two emails one account?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    two emails one account?: okay so when i created my Microsoft account i used *** Email address is removed for privacy *** and then it asked me for a different one i chose *** Email address is removed for privacy *** and theyre both hooked up to the same account i want to remove *** Email address is...
  4. two emails one account?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    two emails one account?: okay so when i created my Microsoft account i used *** Email address is removed for privacy *** and then it asked me for a different one i chose *** Email address is removed for privacy *** and theyre both hooked up to the same account i want to remove *** Email address is...
  5. Two Accounts, One laptop.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Two Accounts, One laptop.: I have just purchased a new laptop for my business but will be using it also for my personal life. I want to keep both very separate. I have a personal Microsoft account from an age old Hotmail and set up the laptop with this as admin. I am contracting for an business that...
  6. Two Accounts, One laptop.

Two Accounts, One laptop.: I have just purchased a new laptop for my business but will be using it also for my personal life. I want to keep both very separate. I have a personal Microsoft account from an age old Hotmail and set up the laptop with this as admin. I am contracting for an business that...
  7. Two One Drive Accounts?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Two One Drive Accounts?: My Android phone links to a One Drive that is full. My computer to another with 1 TB of space. How do I link my phone to the right account - not the full one. Pictures back up is stalled because One Drive appears to be full - but actually has lots of room....
  8. Two One Drive Accounts?

Two One Drive Accounts?: My Android phone links to a One Drive that is full. My computer to another with 1 TB of space. How do I link my phone to the right account - not the full one. Pictures back up is stalled because One Drive appears to be full - but actually has lots of room....
  9. Two Primary Calendars - Delete One?

in Microsoft Office and 365
    Two Primary Calendars - Delete One?: Windows: Version 20H2 (OS Build 19042.985) Application: Outlook 2019 Application I have two calendars mark as primary calendars and can't delete one of them they are bound two different email address. I can't figure out why if I have more than one email address why would only...
  10. One PC, two accounts, one licence?

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    One PC, two accounts, one licence?: Hello there, I'd like to know if I need two separate Windows 10 licences if I want to use one PC but with two different A/D accounts. The background is that my company wants to give every employee one account with and one account without admin rights. Thank you for your...