Windows 10: Two accounts with same name and now on startup I have to enter a password

Discus and support Two accounts with same name and now on startup I have to enter a password in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; This is a two part question. Since this afternoon somehow Cortana got started and now I have to enter a password to start my PC. I've tried netplwiz... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by IsaacSimmons, Nov 23, 2018.

1. Two accounts with same name and now on startup I have to enter a password

This is a two part question. Since this afternoon somehow Cortana got started and now I have to enter a password to start my PC. I've tried netplwiz and user accounts so I have looked at some solutions. However, now when I reboot I have two accounts with the same name. One I know is the administrators becasue of the avatar and the new one is generic. I cannot delete the generic account becasue it does not show up on the user accounts. How do I delete this account and then how do I stop it from asking for a password?

:)

IsaacSimmons, Nov 23, 2018
  2. Yaqub K Win User

Local Account password changed to Online Account Password

Hi,

I suggest you to follow the steps on how to switch from Microsoft account to Local account:

• Click on search in taskbar and type account.
    • Click on Accounts.
    • Now, under Your account, click on Sign in with Local account instead.
    • Enter your Microsoft account password for confirmation and then follow the screen instruction.
    • Enter User name credentials for your the Local account and click OK.
    • Now, login to Local account.
    Hope it helps.

Yaqub K, Nov 23, 2018
  3. Vesao Win User
    Remove account

I suggest you backup your personalized files first before removing the account.
    To delete an account, follow these steps:
    1. Press WIN + X keys and click Command Prompt (Admin) from the menu.
    2. Type the following command and press Enter. Replace test with the name of your sister's account. Code:
      Code:
      net user test /del

Vesao, Nov 23, 2018
  4. Two accounts with same name and now on startup I have to enter a password

Windows Startup password

Is it possible to remove a startup password without being able to log into the system? A friend's laptop just prompt her today for a password that she never enabled. Now, she does have a standard user account password, but that doesn't work for the startup password. She had the computer for about a year now and it has never asked for a startup password until today.

I tried to use Hiren Boot CD to run a diagnostic on the laptop, but it has a bsod. Windows 10 normal boot crashes as well

GoFigureItOut, Nov 23, 2018
Thema:

Two accounts with same name and now on startup I have to enter a password

1. Two accounts with same name and now on startup I have to enter a password - Similar Threads - accounts same name

2. By mistake, I now have two Minecraft accounts, backed by the same Micosoft account behind it

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    By mistake, I now have two Minecraft accounts, backed by the same Micosoft account behind it: I have an old account Mr Sumleren X Box name: im_dr_rediation.Yesterday by mistake, I created a new account, named Dr Rediation.Both accounts are backend by the same Microsoft Account, so when I try to login to ether of my Minecraft accounts, I get to the new one Dr...
  3. Two OneDrive Personal accounts with same name

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Two OneDrive Personal accounts with same name: I have two onedrive personal accounts and they are both named OneDrive-Personal. Each is tied to a different email account. Without opening them I can't tell the difference. Is there a method to rename either to reflect the unique email account or my choice of name? If not,...
  4. Two OneDrive Personal accounts with same name

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Two OneDrive Personal accounts with same name: I have two onedrive personal accounts and they are both named OneDrive-Personal. Each is tied to a different email account. Without opening them I can't tell the difference. Is there a method to rename either to reflect the unique email account or my choice of name? If not,...
  5. Two OneDrive Personal accounts with same name

6. Two microsoft accounts with same password

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Two microsoft accounts with same password: I accidently made another Microsoft account when trying to log into mine for Minecraft, it uses the same email and password and now I cannot get into the original. How do I log into the previous account?...
  7. Two microsoft accounts with same password

Two microsoft accounts with same password: I accidently made another Microsoft account when trying to log into mine for Minecraft, it uses the same email and password and now I cannot get into the original. How do I log into the previous account?...
  8. Two microsoft accounts with same password

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  9. Changed password and now I have two accounts.

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Changed password and now I have two accounts.: I had to change my Microsoft password due to a breach and now I have two accounts listed on my pc and have to put the password in every time no matter how the settings are. How do I get rid of the second account?...
  10. Two User Accounts with same name

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Two User Accounts with same name: Hi everyone, I'm well aware that this topic was posted multiple times. However non of the so far provided solutions worked for me. Two days ago I reinstalled windows. During the installation process my computer had no internet connection, so I created a local account. Later...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. 2 same name accounts created in office 2019

2. two same name on start up pc

3. run netpwiz now have 2 accounts