Windows 10: Two annoyances since 1809

Discus and support Two annoyances since 1809 in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hi folks, Looked around a lot and no fixes for either. Both of these started upon install of 1809 update. NOTE: SFC, all of the usual cut and past... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by BobUlius, Jan 28, 2019.

1. BobUlius Win User

Two annoyances since 1809

Hi folks,

Looked around a lot and no fixes for either. Both of these started upon install of 1809 update.

NOTE: SFC, all of the usual cut and past recommendations do nothing. Others have both issues.

Here are my annoyances:

Error 1534 User Profile

Numerous Events constantly.

Appears to be a valid MS bug as the called service was removed in 1803 but the error only showed up in 1809. And hacking the registry by taking ownership of keys is not my cup of tea which appears to be the only solution.

TMP folders created by Provisioning after logon and wait time.

Every logon. After 5-15 minutes of idle time. created by the following task and the file C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Provisioning\Microsoft-Desktop-Provisioning-Sequence.dat does not exist.

Fixes for either?

~Bob

:)

BobUlius, Jan 28, 2019
  2. WRD313 Win User

Build 1809 update annoyances

Just an observation when the update from 1803 to 1809 finally completed on my various devices:

1) Graphic driver on my HP Spectre X360 laptop got replaced - why? I reinstalled the driver from HP which works fine for 1809 just like it worked for 1803 - why would the update install incorrect driver for a modern laptop?

2) My Edge favorites on my Surface Go disappeared for some reason and syncing is not bringing them back. No idea why they disappeared during update and no idea if/when syncing will recover them. It's like MS wants me to go back to Chrome right?

3) I use one admin account and one standard account on same device. With build 1803 and standard account, I could use the PIN for the admin user when prompted for elevated admin credentials. With Build 1809 - it seems to require a password and won't accept
    PIN (even though Admin user still has a working PIN for signon). Why this backward step?

WRD313, Jan 28, 2019
  3. E.Swaff Win User
    I cannot update my Surface Pro 6 to Windows 10 1809

I just upgraded my Surface Pro to Windows 10 build 1809.
    Here are the steps I did:

1. Open your web browser and go to https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/software-download/windows10 and click "Download tool now".
    2. Double-click on the MediaCreationTool1809.exe file you've downloaded.
    3. Agree the license terms.
    4. Select the "Upgrade this PC now" option and click Next.
    5. Just wait to complete the upgrade process.

E.Swaff, Jan 28, 2019
  4. WillBthr Win User

Windows 1809 Started the install on Surface Pro 4 but it stopped and the update screen closed by itself.

It started the download of 1809 and I walked away. Came back twenty minutes later and the update page was no longer open. Tried update again and it said it's updated.

It didn't complete the update or state the RESTART NOW.

Update history lists 1809 and states RESTART REQUIRED but since it didn't complete the install restarting does nothing.

So it thinks it's installed the 1809 update but it hasn't. It won't download 1809 again.

ABOUT say's it is 1803.

Suggestions?

WillBthr, Jan 28, 2019
Thema:

1. Two annoyances since 1809 - Similar Threads - annoyances since 1809

2. Windows not updating since 1809

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows not updating since 1809: Hi, My windows has not been updating since version 1809 17763.1339, which will lose support soon. Every time I try to update the first phases work fine but on the last restart it gets stuck on the boot logo after which I have to force reset it, which causes the update to...
  3. Windows update to 1903 since 1809

Windows update to 1903 since 1809: I face this problem three times, actually my system is running slow and I don't know the reason, but I am sure it is a software problem. every time I try to download or update to the latest version of Windows, that is, 1903. We are offering this update to compatible devices,...
  4. Minor UI Bug Since Build 1809

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Minor UI Bug Since Build 1809: Hi everyone, The number of critical preventing bugs even in official RTM ISOs are increasing, unfortunately! Some are minor UI changes that are annoying, because since Windows 98 this was the default behavior. For users who are working with Windows 12 hours per day...
  5. Network issues since 1809 17763.503 update

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Network issues since 1809 17763.503 update: Every since I have installed the 2018 fall update I have been having trouble with very strange network connectivity problems. Usually the problem starts with me opening up a web browser such as Chrome or Firefox and navigating to a page for the first time in the last few...
  6. File Explorer oddities and unresponsive since 1809

in Windows 10 Support
    File Explorer oddities and unresponsive since 1809: 1803 was working fine. Last night I (finally) got the upgrade pushed to me. I had to reset a bunch of settings, very annoying. I had to re-install one program. Why? I had to re-add little hacks that make things work right. For instance: I often open a bunch of images at once...
  7. Build 1809 update annoyances

Build 1809 update annoyances: Just an observation when the update from 1803 to 1809 finally completed on my various devices: 1) Graphic driver on my HP Spectre X360 laptop got replaced - why? I reinstalled the driver from HP which works fine for 1809 just like it worked for 1803 - why would the update...
  8. Lost 'View' of files since 1809 upgrade

in Windows 10 Support
    Lost 'View' of files since 1809 upgrade: Since last update (1809) I have lost any "view" of drives and files except 'General' in File Explorer. If I try to change the view to Music or Documents, Pictures or Videos, it just goes back to General. Is there a setting anywhere that will correct this? Thanks for any...
  9. Applications unresponsive since 1809 update

Applications unresponsive since 1809 update: Hi, 2 weeks ago I autoupgraded to 1809. (i7, 16gb ram, ssd) Things like installing apps would hang the machine and restrting wouldnt work either, and it would just sit their saying 'restarting' and never do anything, shut down is the same. Do I rebuilt my pc using the...
  10. Problems since update 1809

Problems since update 1809: Does anyone have the same problems ? Notification center : _ Notification center does not display history. _ During an alarm (clock for example) nothing happens except the notification icon of the task bar which changes to white color. Microsoft Edge : Edge does not shut...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows 10 1809 annoynances