Windows 10: Two apps can not update on any win10 pc's, your phone and alexa, the store goes through the...

Discus and support Two apps can not update on any win10 pc's, your phone and alexa, the store goes through the... in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Two apps can not update on any win10 pc's, your phone and Alexa, the store goes through the update process but fails to update and shows the last... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by kjl1956, Dec 13, 2020.

1. kjl1956 Win User

Two apps can not update on any win10 pc's, your phone and alexa, the store goes through the...

Two apps can not update on any win10 pc's, your phone and Alexa, the store goes through the update process but fails to update and shows the last completed update date; I have tried many times to get these apps updated but the same thing each time.

I have reported this through the feedback hub

:)

kjl1956, Dec 13, 2020

2. Alexa App on Win10.

I agree the Win10 app doesn't support this. The only way to link to your BBC a/c is via the Alexa app on your phone.

- - - Updated - - -

Thanks, I'm aware of that website. No amount of managing the app has so far enabled BBC radio on Win10.

- - - Updated - - -

I downloaded another app from the MSoft Store... Player for BBC Radio ...it works fine, so BBC Radio is achievable on Win10, just not via Alexa.

Pollensa1946, Dec 13, 2020
  3. Alexa App on Win10.

Win10 1909. Strange problem with Alexa app from MSoft Store.

Alexa on Win10 is the only Alexa device that will not play BBC Radio.

Me: (To DESKTOPPC Alexa) "Alexa, play BBC Radio 2"
    Alexa: "Here's Radio 2"
    App: (On DESKTOPPC) "BBC Sounds"
    Silence.

Me: (To Echo Alexa in the Hallway) "Alexa, play BBC Radio 2 on DESKTOPPC"
    Alexa: "Here's XXX" (A completely different TuneIn station)
    App: (On DESKTOPPC) Plays the TuneIn station that I did not ask for!

I have the BBC Skill on the app. So I say...
    Me: (To DESKTOPPC)... Open BBC.
    Alexa: Choose a station or program.
    Me: Play Radio 2.
    Alexa: Here's Radio 2.
    Silence. The above works fine on other devices.

I'm thinking this may be a Win10 settings problem, although I have no idea which. When I go into Sound Settings on Win 10 and choose "App volume device preferences" the volume slider against Alexa is greyed out. All other media/music apps are shown in blue and the slider can be adjusted. Kind of strange in that Alexa works (voice-wise) in all respects other than BBC radio. So for example if I say to DESKTOPPC.. Alexa Play Music ...it plays music. Despite that the App volume slider in Win10 settings is still inactive. This suggests the Alexa Win10 app installer is not installing properly.

Pollensa1946, Dec 13, 2020
  4. Dos101 Win User

Two apps can not update on any win10 pc's, your phone and alexa, the store goes through the...

Windows Phone users Clubhouse

I think I'll put a list of people's favourite apps in the OP, starting with my own until I get some suggestions, but you can take a look at the Windows Phone app store at the top apps to see what's popular http://www.windowsphone.com/en-us/store

You are both now added, welcome! *Toast :toast:

Dos101, Dec 13, 2020
Thema:

1. Two apps can not update on any win10 pc's, your phone and alexa, the store goes through the... - Similar Threads - apps update win10

2. Cannot link phone through Your Phone app

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Cannot link phone through Your Phone app: I have spent multiple hours attempting to connect my phone to my windows 10 pc. On my pc, the app says, "Please open Your Phone Companion - Link to Windows and sign in with email account". I have done that and the window hasn't advanced. On my phone it says, "Check your PC,...
  3. Alexa app on PC

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Alexa app on PC: I want to pair the Echo Flex to bluetooth speakers using Alexa app for Pc.....I don't see the same options to complete this using the desktop app... https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/alexa-app-on-pc/0497fae8-d8ac-4e0f-bcea-2ac291449c52
  4. Calls through Your Phone app

Calls through Your Phone app: Hello, I would like to use Your Phone app to make phone calls from the laptop. Does the phone that I linked to the laptop needs to have credit in it in order to make the call from the laptop? or it just needs a sim card. thank you...
  5. Your Phone app goes dormant

Your Phone app goes dormant: I am trying to use and like the Your Phone app but I find it annoying at best because it will work for awhile to send and receive text messages but after an undetermined (short) amount of time, it will simply stop sending or receiving. The app isn't frozen since I can still...
  6. Your Phone app goes dormant

in Windows 10 Support
    Your Phone app goes dormant: I am trying to use and like the Your Phone app but I find it annoying at best because it will work for awhile to send and receive text messages but after an undetermined (short) amount of time, it will simply stop sending or receiving. The app isn't frozen since I can still...
  7. Game Audio through Your Phone App

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Game Audio through Your Phone App: Is there a way to make your phone's game audio come through Your Phone App when playing a game? submitted by /u/Hambla28 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/ikvzeg/game_audio_through_your_phone_app/
  8. Alexa app for PC

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Alexa app for PC: Alex app for pc does not respond to voice. In settings, there is no "wake word" available. So the app does not work. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/alexa-app-for-pc/827a8aac-caec-4d07-81ef-e9b9c053b220"
  9. Alexa App on Win10.

Alexa App on Win10.: Win10 1909. Strange problem with Alexa app from MSoft Store. Alexa on Win10 is the only Alexa device that will not play BBC Radio. Me: (To DESKTOPPC Alexa) "Alexa, play BBC Radio 2" Alexa: "Here's Radio 2" App: (On DESKTOPPC) "BBC Sounds" Silence. Me: (To Echo Alexa in...
  10. Your Phone App Check your Phone / PC??

Your Phone App Check your Phone / PC??: Ive been trying to get the Your Phone app working since it was released but ive only managed to get it working maybe 3 or 4 times. Most of the time i cant get past the Check your Phone / PC part. What are the Network requirements for this app so i can make sure my Firewall...