Windows 10: Two Audio Devices, One Sound Card

Discus and support Two Audio Devices, One Sound Card in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Hey, I don't know exactly how to describe this for a title, and I'm not getting much on google. I have head phones and speakers that I sometimes... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/infiniteray, Nov 30, 2020.

1. Two Audio Devices, One Sound Card

Hey,

I don't know exactly how to describe this for a title, and I'm not getting much on google.

I have head phones and speakers that I sometimes switch between depending on what I'm doing at my desk.

I used to have 2 sound card (on board and an AGP dedicated sound card), but I upgraded my system and now only have the on board one. When I had two cards, I would plug one of each device into one of the sound cards and change the output through windows. Now that I only have one I can't find a way to change the outputs on the back to act like their own device. Is there a program that can help me with this or am I SOL, get another card and do it the way I was doing it before?

Thanks.

submitted by /u/infiniteray
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/infiniteray, Nov 30, 2020

2. Sound Audio in windows

Hello Kim,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

We do understand your concern and we will be happy to help you regarding this.

Please answer the below questions:

• Since when are you facing this issue?
    • Did you make any recent software/hardware changes prior to this issue?
    • Are you able to listen to the songs from hard disk?
    • Are you able to play the videos from hard disk?

I request you to try the below methods:

Method 1:

Hardware Troubleshoot

Windows 10 has a built-in troubleshooter to check and fix issues with Sound. I would suggest you to run this troubleshooter to check if the issue is with your Audio.

Refer these steps:

• Press Windows key +X, select Control panel.
    • Change the view by option on the top right to Large icons.
    • Click on troubleshooting and click on the view all option on the left panel.
    • Run the playing Audio troubleshooter.

Method 2:

Sound problems can be caused by cables that aren't connected properly, damaged drivers, incompatible drivers, sound settings, missing updates, and problems with your sound card.

I request you to follow the below steps:

Step 1: Uninstall the Sound card Drivers

• Press “Windows Logo” + “X” keys on the keyboard.
    • Click on “Device Manager” from that list.
    • Search for the Sound driver from the device list, right click on it and then select “Uninstall”. On the un-installation window, if you have an option: “Delete the driver software for this device” you may select that and then
      remove the corrupted drivers from the computer.
    • Follow the on-screen instructions to complete it and the restart the computer if prompted.
    • After the restart, please go ahead with the next steps to install the latest drivers and check if that resolves the issue.

Update Driver Software from the Manufacturer’s website.

Step 2: Go to the Computer or Sound Card manufacturer’s website and search for the latest Windows 10 drivers available for the Sound Card model and then install it by following the instructions given in the website.

I also request you to follow the below article:

Fix sound problems

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/fix-sound-problems#v1h=tab01

Method 3:

Uninstall and Reinstall the Graphics Card Drivers.

Step 1: Uninstall the Graphics Card
    Drivers

• Right click on the Start menu.

• Click on “Device Manager” from that list.

• Search for the Graphics Card
      from the device list, right click on it and then select “Uninstall”. On the un-installation window, if you have an option: “Delete the driver software for this device” you may select that and then remove the corrupted drivers
      from the computer.

• Follow the on-screen instructions to complete it and then restart the computer if prompted.

• After the restart, please go ahead with the next steps to install the latest drivers and check if that resolves the issue.

Step 2: Go to the Computer or Graphics Card
    manufacturer’s website and search for the latest Windows 10 drivers available for the
    Graphics Card model and then install it by following the instructions given in the website.

I hope this helps you. If you have any further query in future, feel free to contact us. We will be happy to help you.

Thank you.

Amit(Kumar), Nov 30, 2020
  3. Permanently set default audio device

Hi Joost,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

I understand that you need assistance to set your internal sound card as the default playback device on your Windows 10 computer.

In this scenario it is required to disable the audio device of the docking station. Disabling the audio device for the docking station will enable the internal sound card. To do so,

1. Right click on Volume icon on the taskbar > Open
      Sound settings.
    2. Click on Sound control panel option and click on
      Playback tab.
    3. Right click on the audio device for docking station and click on
      Disable.
    4. This results in enabling the playback device to internal sound card.

If the issue still persists, I suggest you to post your query in
    IT TechNet forums
    , since the settings which needs to
    be implemented on domain environment. We have dedicated team of experts who are equipped with the resources to suggest you with the further steps.

Regards,

Muralidhar

Microsoft Community Moderator

Muralidhar_G, Nov 30, 2020
  4. Ferdz Amp Win User

Two Audio Devices, One Sound Card

Spatial sound is not available on this device!

Hello,

This could be related to not having the updated driver for your sound card device. I recommend that you perform the steps provided below:

1. Open Start, enter Device Manager, and select it from the list of results.
    2. Under Sound, video and game controllers, select your sound card, open it, select the Driver tab.
    3. Select Update Driver. If Windows doesn't find a new driver, look for one on the device manufacturer's website and follow their instructions.

If that didn't work, try this:

1. Uninstall your audio driver: open Device Manager, right-click (or press and hold) the audio driver, and select Uninstall.
    2. Restart your device and Windows will attempt to reinstall the driver.

And if that didn't work, try using the generic audio driver that comes with Windows. Here's how:

1. Open Device Manager, right-click (or press and hold) your audio driver > Update driver software... > Browse
      my computer for driver software
      > Let me pick from a list of device drivers on my computer.
    2. Select High Definition Audio Device.
    3. Select Next.
    4. Follow the instructions to install it.

If the suggestions above didn't work, feel free to post back so we can further troubleshoot.

Ferdz Amp, Nov 30, 2020
Thema:

Two Audio Devices, One Sound Card

1. Two Audio Devices, One Sound Card - Similar Threads - Audio Devices Sound

2. Sound card not visible in Device Manager, no audio outputs found

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Sound card not visible in Device Manager, no audio outputs found: Hi,I've lost audio on my Win 11 laptop, hoping someone can help. I've tried Googling the issue but nothing so far.I've tried to uninstall the audio driver RealTek HD Audio from the Device Manager but after a restart the audio driver has completly dissapeared. I've gone to...
  3. Sound card not visible in Device Manager, no audio outputs found

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Sound card not visible in Device Manager, no audio outputs found: Hi,I've lost audio on my Win 11 laptop, hoping someone can help. I've tried Googling the issue but nothing so far.I've tried to uninstall the audio driver RealTek HD Audio from the Device Manager but after a restart the audio driver has completly dissapeared. I've gone to...
  4. Sound card not visible in Device Manager, no audio outputs found

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. Two Keys, One Device

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Two Keys, One Device: Here's my situation:I have two Windows 10 licenses, one for the Pro version, one for Home.Each of the versions are installed on two separate hard drives.Both hard drives are installed on the same laptop.Both licenses are linked to my Microsoft account.Both are legal...
  6. Cannot run two sounds in one on a bluetooth device.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Cannot run two sounds in one on a bluetooth device.: Hey there I just got new earbuds, and it seems as if im not able to multitask with it, for eg. if i use google meet, then at the same time im not able to hear the sound of netflix or youtube. I have: Windows 10 64-bit Earbuds : Wecool Moonwalk M1 Browser : Edge or any...
  7. One copy Two devices

in Windows 10 Gaming
    One copy Two devices: Hi. I've been playing a game Sea of Thieves on my Windows 10 device. I installed it on a second computer using the same game copy, and logged out. Whenever I try to play it on my second device, it says "Looks like you need to renew Game Pass. If your subscription is current,...
  8. Is Installing Two sound drivers on one audio device possible?

Is Installing Two sound drivers on one audio device possible?: I recently installed Dolby audio premium sound drivers and the application onto my PC. It works fine but the issue is it replaces my original sound driver for my microphones as well and the Dolby audio premium sound drivers lack adaptability and quality for microphones so it...
  9. Is installing two sound drivers on one audio device possible?

Is installing two sound drivers on one audio device possible?: Hi good day, I recently got Dolby audio premium sound drivers installed on my PC, it works fine and I'm in love with it but it also installs on my microphone, and it has reduced the sound quality of my microphone and has fewer options in the windows advanced properties. The...
  10. No sound/ audio device

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    No sound/ audio device: I accidentally shut my laptop while it was updating now I have no sound at all. I have tried multiple fixes, and some of them I can’t even try because there is “no audio device installed”. I need help very badly and am not sure what to do anymore. Thank you! Windows 10...