Windows 10: Two Blue Arrows/Excessive File Size/Photos Error

Discus and support Two Blue Arrows/Excessive File Size/Photos Error in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I'm seeing two blue arrows on the top right corner of my icons. I found out they're for compression. I tried decompressing the files/folders. However,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Floyd CesarTacbas, May 2, 2020.

1. Two Blue Arrows/Excessive File Size/Photos Error

I'm seeing two blue arrows on the top right corner of my icons. I found out they're for compression. I tried decompressing the files/folders. However, there's a certain folder containing photos which had a total size of 23TB my pc is only 250GB. Each photo in that folder has 24.5GB size and 4KB size on disk. I also can't open the photos. Microsoft Photos prompts the error message "It looks like we don't support this file format.". These photos are originally just around 4-5MB.

How do I resolve this?

Two Blue Arrows/Excessive File Size/Photos Error 3401f60c-01a4-434d-96c8-87f2e91250ae?upload=true.png Two Blue Arrows/Excessive File Size/Photos Error 10a70e64-99e7-44ec-ab3e-7199bbb52be7?upload=true.png

:)

Floyd CesarTacbas, May 2, 2020

2. Photos direction arrows not showing

Hi Rafg,

We appreciate you for being a part of Windows 10.

Before proceeding, we need more information to help you better.

• Since when you are facing this issue with Photos app?

• How many photos are present in the subfolder from where you are trying to open Photos through Photos app? (Inside the My pictures sub folder)
    Please be informed that if you have only one photo in the subfolder from where you are trying to open the photos in File explorer, you will not see the direction arrows in the Photos app to view the next picture in the Photos app.

If you have multiple pictures in the subfolder from where you are trying to open the photos in File explorer, then follow the below steps and check if you are able to view the right and left directions in the Photos app to view the pictures.

Step 1:

I suggest you to run the Windows app troubleshooter and check if you are able to fix the issue with Photos app.

Run the troubleshooter for Windows apps

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/run-the-troubleshooter-for-windows-apps

If the issue still persists, follow the below step.

Step 2:

You may try to uninstall the apps which came inbuilt with Windows 10 using Windows PowerShell and reinstall using Windows store. Follow the below steps to uninstall and reinstall the Photos app.

• Open the Start menu, type
      Windows PowerShell
      in the search bar.

• Right click on the Windows PowerShell and select
      Run as administrator.

• Enter the below command to reinstall the Photos app.

get-appxpackage *Microsoft.Windows.Photos* | remove-appxpackage
    Note: After performing the above steps, install the Photos app form the Windows store.

You may try to open the photos app and check if the issue persist.

I hope the above information helps. Kindly let us know if you need any further assistance with Windows. We are glad to assist you.

Thank you.

Kiran Kishore, May 2, 2020
  3. Blue Arrows on folder and file icons

Autoruns or ShellExView should tell you which application is adding that Overlay.

Use the steps
    here

Ramesh Srinivasan, May 2, 2020
  4. Two Blue Arrows/Excessive File Size/Photos Error

Error. Blue Screen

Hi,

In addition to the above mentioned solutions by Community members, I would like to add the following:

Before we proceed I would like you to answer the following question:

• What is the make and model of your computer?

• Did you make any changes prior to the issue?
    The issue might occur due to Viruses, or something changing/deleting in Registry Files, a failure during Bootup, or a corrupt file which could be due to age of a computer or viruses or somebody tampering with files.

I suggest you to follow the step below:

Step

I suggest you to refer the article below and check if it helps:

Troubleshoot blue screen errors

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/troubleshoot-blue-screen-errors

Please get back to us with updated status, we will be happy to assist you.

Amrita Bhattacharjee, May 2, 2020
Thema:

Two Blue Arrows/Excessive File Size/Photos Error

1. Two Blue Arrows/Excessive File Size/Photos Error - Similar Threads - Blue Arrows Excessive

2. Blue arrows on picture file and large size

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Blue arrows on picture file and large size: Hello, hope someone could help.. i transfered pics and videos from gopro hero9 to my loptop. When i check the first pic it open up, but by the time i transfer all of it, blue arrows far upper right of each file appears all and when i try to open it says "sorry the file cant...
  3. Blue arrows on picture file and large size

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Blue arrows on picture file and large size: Hello, hope someone could help.. i transfered pics and videos from gopro hero9 to my loptop. When i check the first pic it open up, but by the time i transfer all of it, blue arrows far upper right of each file appears all and when i try to open it says "sorry the file cant...
  4. Blue arrows on picture file and large size

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. How to delete on all files icons the blue box with two facing arrows

How to delete on all files icons the blue box with two facing arrows: Hello! After a Norton back up I got all files in all folders in Explorer tagged on the icon left corner with a blue box and two facing arrows. I want to remove that which is annoying e.g. see icon image:From several forums discussions, both Norton and MS, I understand this is...
  6. Shortcut Arrow Size

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Shortcut Arrow Size: GreetingsI have just reinstalled Windows 11. After all Windows updates the system is at version 22H2 22621.963.I notice now that when I create a shortcut on the desktop, the arrow is extremely small. Here is an image:The shortcut arrows in Explorer windows appear to be the...
  7. Shortcut Arrow Size

Shortcut Arrow Size: GreetingsI have just reinstalled Windows 11. After all Windows updates the system is at version 22H2 22621.963.I notice now that when I create a shortcut on the desktop, the arrow is extremely small. Here is an image:The shortcut arrows in Explorer windows appear to be the...
  8. Blue Arrows on Files

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Blue Arrows on Files: I would like to ask what are these blue arrows? what does it mean and why do i have them on every different type of files i have? it's very annoying.. is there a way to remove it?...
  9. Blue Arrows on Files

Blue Arrows on Files: I would like to ask what are these blue arrows? what does it mean and why do i have them on every different type of files i have? it's very annoying.. is there a way to remove it?...
  10. Compressed folder (two blue arrows)

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Compressed folder (two blue arrows): Every time I create a new folder, it shows the two blue arrows. I know how to get rid of it after creating a new folder, but it never did this before. Is there a way to change the settings so that when I create the new folder, it doesn't have those two blue arrows? Thank...