Windows 10: Two BSoDs in two weeks - hal.dll, ntoskrnl.exe

Discus and support Two BSoDs in two weeks - hal.dll, ntoskrnl.exe in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hello, I built my new PC almost 2 months ago. Since then no problems, no BSODs and generally everything was fine. First BSoD happened suddenly when I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by asm0d, Feb 19, 2019.

1. asm0d Win User

Two BSoDs in two weeks - hal.dll, ntoskrnl.exe

Hello, I built my new PC almost 2 months ago. Since then no problems, no BSODs and generally everything was fine. First BSoD happened suddenly when I was playing Resident Evil 6 two weeks ago. After that I did sfc /scannow, chkdsk and Windows Memory Diagnostic, and they didn't give me any errors. I also increased my pagefile.sys, because I thought I was running out of memory. Sadly I don't have .dmp file, but I remember it was Page fault in nonpaged area caused by ntoskrnl.exe.

Second BSoD happened yesterday. I was changing some settings in Realtek Control Panel (because my speakers weren't playing good, probably irrelevant), also turned off Telemetry service. After that I trying to reboot my PC but after choosing reboot optiong - bang, BSoD. System Service Exception caused by hal.dll this time. Link to .dmp: Zippyshare.com - 021819-8031-01.dmp

My question is - where is a cause? After second BSoD I did scans mentioned before again and again no errors. I also updated my drivers for sound card, network card, chipset and SATA controller as well as turned off XMP profile (from 3000 MHz to 2133 MHz). I ran a memtest and there is a report: Zippyshare.com - MemTest86-Report-20190219-001158.html Only errors was during pass #4 when doing hammer test, another tests are passed. Sadly testing one RAM stick at time may be difficult for me (desk is very close to the wall). Temps are normal, rarely exceeding 60C. When writing that post, it was 30C for CPU and 34C for GPU. Nothing is overclocked.

My specs:
    CPU: Intel Core i5-8600K 3.60GHz
    GPU: Gigabyte GeForce GTX 1060 Windforce OC 6GB GDDR5
    RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX, DDR4, 16 GB, 3000MHz, CL15
    MoBo: Z370 AORUS Gaming K3, BIOS: F11 10/30/2018
    PSU: SeaSonic Focus Plus Gold 550W

There is log from DM log collector: AORUS-19_02_2019__90021,37.zip

:)

asm0d, Feb 19, 2019
  2. sourpatch Win User
    sourpatch, Feb 19, 2019
  3. sourpatch Win User
    WHEA_UNCORRECTABLE_ERROR 0x00000124 [hal.dll] [ntoskrnl.exe]

Hello zbook and thank you!

1). My system successfully created another dump file (usually it would hang): Microsoft OneDrive - Access files anywhere. Create docs with free Office Online.

2). I uninstalled all AMD related software and gpu drivers using Display Driver Uninstaller. I was able to reinstall just the AMD gpu driver by extracting the software package and obtaining the driver folder with 7zip.

3). I ran both sfc /scannow and dism /online /cleanup-image /restorehealth. No errors found on either scan. I could not post a picture because the command prompt window would immediately close after the test was finished.

4). Bios is up to date.

5). I reset Bios.

6). Prime95 would freeze my pc everytime between 20-30min into test. CPU temps topped out at 70c average.

Two BSoDs in two weeks - hal.dll, ntoskrnl.exe [​IMG]

7). Ran memtest86+ for 15 hours and made 11 passes with no errors.

8). HD Sentinel results were good:

9). chkdsk results:

10). Typical temps for my PC.
    • A). Idle Temps:

• B). Temps after 20 min of gaming:

11). I will be running FurMark tonight and will monitor temps.

12). Updated my personal Ten Forums System Specs as well.

sourpatch, Feb 19, 2019
  4. TSX420J Win User

TSX420J, Feb 19, 2019
Thema:

1. Two BSoDs in two weeks - hal.dll, ntoskrnl.exe - Similar Threads - BSoDs weeks hal

2. Multiple different BSOD over two weeks

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Multiple different BSOD over two weeks: They happen seemingly at random. The many topics about these indicate it's a driver issue, I just need to know which drivers are causing them since I updated everything from the BIOS to Sata drivers before this started happening.Here are the most recent...
  3. Multiple BSOD over two weeks

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Multiple BSOD over two weeks: They happen seemingly at random. The many topics about these indicate it's a driver issue, I just need to know which drivers are causing them since I updated everything from the BIOS to Sata drivers before this started happening.Here are the most recent...
  4. Two BSODs within the past week

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Two BSODs within the past week: I had been having BSODs over the past week on my laptop while watching youtube videos on Chrome but with different stopcodes My laptop is a GL62M-7RD. OS: Windows 10 Home Version 1903 Build 18362.1016 CPU: Intel i7-7700HQ @2.80 GHz Memory: 16GB (16GB x1) DDR4 2400MHz...
  5. multiple bsod screens in two weeks

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    multiple bsod screens in two weeks: i have gotten 4 bsods in two weeks; two of them in the past three hours. i have the .dmp files i just need a support guy to go through them : https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/multiple-bsod-screens-in-two-weeks/33ce95dd-fdc9-414f-a6d7-002043722d92
  6. Two different BSODs in the past week

Two different BSODs in the past week: Hello, I'm wondering if there's something wrong with my PC. I got 2 different BSODs in the past week and I'm starting to get worried. The BSODs are: KMODE_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED (latest one) IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL (first one) I'm uploading logs from BlueScreenView, V2 and...
  7. BSOD VIDEO_SCEDULER_INTERNAL_ERROR on two-week-old laptop

BSOD VIDEO_SCEDULER_INTERNAL_ERROR on two-week-old laptop: Hello, I own my laptop for three weeks now, one week of which I'm trying to fix this issue and to no avail. It first happened while I was playing a game and it won't stop since then. I tried all of the classic solutions Internet could offer - I ran Command Prompt to check...
  8. BSOD ntoskrnl..exe

BSOD ntoskrnl..exe: My computer has crashed a few times often when i play games. I bought more ram because i thought that it was the issue but it didn't help. It did work a few days but then the crashes came back. After that i fixed the BSOD´s by lowering the graphics and the resolution on the...
  9. BSOD errors last two weeks

BSOD errors last two weeks: Hello, I have problems with BSOD errors last one or two weeks. Erros are CRITICAL_PROCESS_DIED, PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA, IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL. Info from BluescreenView app - all errors are caused by ntoskrnl.exe files with logs...
  10. BSOD ntoskrnl..exe+1b35e0

BSOD ntoskrnl..exe+1b35e0: Help. Getting 4-5 of these a day. Running latest Windows 10 Pro, Xibo signboard, Docker with Xibo server. Always the same 'Caused By Address'. Put in new memory, ran memory test, no errors, all drivers up to date. Change disk type to AHCA, made sure windows driver was...