Windows 10: Two bugs in the Mail App

Discus and support Two bugs in the Mail App in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; Hello, I'm experiencing 2 annoying bugs in the Windows Mail app on Windows 10 x64 Pro. I'm not sure if this is a fault at my end or not. 1. I... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by JohnnyGui, Mar 12, 2018.

1. JohnnyGui Win User

Two bugs in the Mail App

Hello,

I'm experiencing 2 annoying bugs in the Windows Mail app on Windows 10 x64 Pro. I'm not sure if this is a fault at my end or not.

1. I have linked a Gmail account in the Windows Mail app and have chosen to put the category "Concepts" of that account in the Favorites bar on the left side of the app. However, for some reason the app does not memorize this after restarting the PC and launching the Mail app again. I have to do this every time.

2. The toast notification that appears on the right below corner of the screen when receiving a new email, conains a "delete" button with a large X icon. However, clicking this button does NOT delete the email and I the email still being in my Inbox when launching the app. There is a second "Delete" button that you can add to the toast notification through the Mail app settings, and it has a Recycle bin icon. This one does work for some reason.

Reinstalling the app doesn't fix these issues.

Is anyone else experiencing these bugs or are they only at my end?

:)

JohnnyGui, Mar 12, 2018
  2. Remigi Win User

Windows 10 Mail app doesn't send From (sender) name for gmail accounts

Trust me, myself and the community have tried everything and it simply does not work. It does not work for me across two completely different brand new windows 10 laptops with two totally seperate users. It does not work for my colleague located in a different
    country.

It is a bug in the Mail app and is unbelievably annoying.

Remigi, Mar 12, 2018
  3. bc3clery Win User
    Microsoft Email app crashes

Hello

Exactly the same behaviour as Peppies :

mail app crashes frequently when two users are logged at the same time.

I have repeted the experience and i am pretty sure it the root of my frequent crashes.

Please solve this bug.

bc3clery, Mar 12, 2018
  4. Plankton Win User

Two bugs in the Mail App

I have no real anwser/fix for you....but this is exactly why I don't use this freaking useless (IMO) mail app. I prefer to use an actual email client. In my case I use Outlook 2016 from Office 2016 Pro Plus. There are a few really good free email clients out there, here's a link to some. Then there are the web-based clients like Gmail, Outlook.com, Yahoo.

Plankton, Mar 12, 2018
  5. I do use the W10 Mail app and it works ok other than it doesn't remember or have the ability to store a default FONT ! Beyond that, pertaining to your request, I really don't know exactly what a favorites bar is within the app. Can you take a screen print of it working and then one where isn't. Now your issue, Notifications are just that to remind you that you did receive an email. The purpose of the "X" is to delete the notification not the email that you received.

I will be watching for your reply.

storageman, Mar 12, 2018
  6. JohnnyGui Win User
    Thanks for your reply. The Favorites bar i'm talking about is the "Folder" section on the left of the Mail app (marked with a red square) to which you can add the email folders:

Two bugs in the Mail App [​IMG]

I have now added the "Concepts" folder of my Gmail account in that section. But when I reboot my PC, and launch the Mail app, that Concepts folder is gone and I have to add that every time.

As for the X in the notification bar, are you sure its purpose is to remove the notification itself? Because from what I know, you can close the notification by clicking on the upper right corner of the notification where an arrow pointing to the right appears. It seems a bit misleading if there is a second option as part of the Mail app itself to do this, especially when the X button is called the same name (Delete) as the delete button that you can add to the notification bar from the Mail app settings.

JohnnyGui, Mar 14, 2018
  7. Thanks for explaining the favorites. This could be a problem with the protocol that Gmail uses. It may not allow you to create a permanent sub-folder. I would recommend that you login to your Gmail account (via web browser) and create that sub-folder there. Then when you can use your mail app it will appear and remain there and you will be able to add or delete files to that sub-folder. I experienced this recently (with-in the last 6 months). Google changed some security setting which stopped the all mail apps from performing similar functions.

storageman, Mar 14, 2018
  8. JohnnyGui Win User

Two bugs in the Mail App

The Concepts folder seems to be already there in my Gmail account via the web browser.

Two bugs in the Mail App [​IMG]

I have just enabled POP and IMAP in the GMail account settings in my browser. I have yet to see if this fixes the issue.

JohnnyGui, Mar 14, 2018
  9. Helmut Win User
    1. Gmail is one of complications, don't know the answer to that one. I have Gmail on the Mail App but down the bare minimum folders. None of those fancy "sorts" Folders. Those are switched off in Gmail(using Webmail).

2. It's a "Dismiss" button X that just deletes the notification not the Email. You want the other Centre Button with the bin it says "Delete" with bin icon.
    Maybe just one of language, my reference is English(UK).

Yes, there are a number of things not working in the Mail App, send some feedback to MS, if that is working...

Currently with mine is the "conversation" mode is switched on after some updates, more of an irritation.

Helmut, Mar 15, 2018
  10. JohnnyGui Win User
    Ah! That explains it. My Windows is in Dutch and for both buttons it says the same: "Delete" (when translated to English).

Enabling IMAP and POP of my Gmail account didn't do anything unfortunately. I removed and added the Gmail account again in the Mail app and this also didn't fix it.

I think it's indeed something at Gmail's end but not sure exactly what.

JohnnyGui, Mar 16, 2018
  11. Helmut Win User
    The Gmail Webmail settings are confusing with references to IMAP and POP. Historically I used POP and it says enabled with Gmail and it says since 2009, however none of the 3 selections below that is selected, guess that is an inherited setting.
    Below that in IMAP Access, that is clearly selected and enabled.
    The incoming server is listed as "imap.gmail.com:993:1" in Win 10 Mail, so IMAP it is.

Helmut, Mar 16, 2018
  12. Helmut Win User
    Well, I can say now for sure that the Gmail favourited Drafts Folder does stay through all Restarts, Shut downs etc.

Despite having problems of black screening & many other Apps and MS Store stopping in the last couple of days.

Helmut, Apr 5, 2018
  13. JohnnyGui Win User

Two bugs in the Mail App

Sorry for bothering you with this but could you please perhaps try adding the Concepts folder to the Favorites bar in the Mail app (shown in my post #4) and see if it would stay there after reboot? Want to make sure if there is no fault at my end.

JohnnyGui, Apr 5, 2018
  14. Helmut Win User
    "Drafts" folder when IMAP enabled shows in two places on mine also sub folder under [Gmail]. However the latter one does not show drafts.
    I have favourited the one that does show the drafts.

Shut down, Restart, Sign Out and In to Windows, question mark currently.

Currently I can't do anything more as 4 Email Accounts, including Gmail, out of 6 have the dreaded "settings are out of date" exclamation flag.
    That usually resolves itself in time. I'll give that a day or two and see what happens.

Helmut, Apr 6, 2018
  15. JohnnyGui Win User
    Thanks a lot for trying this out. Not sure what you mean with "question mark currently". If I understand correctly, the Drafts folder is not yet disappeared from the favorites bar in your case?

JohnnyGui, Apr 6, 2018
Thema:

Two bugs in the Mail App

1. Two bugs in the Mail App - Similar Threads - bugs Mail App

2. Bug with built-in Mail app in Windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Bug with built-in Mail app in Windows 11: This just never goes away.It was like this on Windows 10 and continues to be a bug on Windows 11 as well.After a few days, it just goes away by itself. But after a couple of days, it starts doing it again.When there's literally 0 mail, nothing in inbox, sent, draft, trash or...
  3. Bug with built-in Mail app in Windows 11

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Bug with built-in Mail app in Windows 11: This just never goes away.It was like this on Windows 10 and continues to be a bug on Windows 11 as well.After a few days, it just goes away by itself. But after a couple of days, it starts doing it again.When there's literally 0 mail, nothing in inbox, sent, draft, trash or...
  4. Potential Windows 11 22H2 Mail App Bug

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Potential Windows 11 22H2 Mail App Bug: Just downloaded 22H2.If you create new email and drag text in new Mail App, the background colour changes when in dark mode.Is this a known bug? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/potential-windows-11-22h2-mail-app-bug/ac269e34-4d53-4cfe-8a8f-8e4a8b651fc2
  5. Potential Windows 11 22H2 Mail App Bug

Potential Windows 11 22H2 Mail App Bug: Just downloaded 22H2.If you create new email and drag text in new Mail App, the background colour changes when in dark mode.Is this a known bug? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/potential-windows-11-22h2-mail-app-bug/ac269e34-4d53-4cfe-8a8f-8e4a8b651fc2
  6. Windows Mail app display name bug

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows Mail app display name bug: I have an exchange account and two gmail accounts in my Windows Mail app inboxes aren't linked. Whenever I try to send mail from either of my gmail accounts using the app, it is sent under the display name from my exchange account. This problem only occurs when using the mail...
  7. Trouble with bugged accounts in Windows 10 Mail app

Trouble with bugged accounts in Windows 10 Mail app: I have two broken email accounts listed in the Mail app that I am trying to remove/repair. They do not display emails, and I cannot access the account settings dialogue to remove them like I can for other accounts. When I open Windows Settings>Accounts>Email & accounts, these...
  8. Possible bug with Mail App

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Possible bug with Mail App: Hey, so I just got a fake junk email to my regular inbox. I have swipe options ON and to the left means "move to junk". I tried to do the swipe, and I remember they worked well, but now for some reason it detaches de mail from the list as if you were moving an object, instead...
  9. mail app password bug???

mail app password bug???: I added a new email to my windows 10 mail app. I already have 3 email accounts that work fine. The new account (it's an aol email) crashes and keeps asking me to "update my password". I do, repeatedly, and it keeps crashing and asking again. None of the suggested "fixes"...
  10. [bug!?!?] problems with mail app and gmail

in Browsers and Email
    [bug!?!?] problems with mail app and gmail: i have to preserve mail messages on the server because i help people not too experts and i don't want they accidentally loose something, so... - tried to use pop3, as in live mail, but after a refresh the previously downloaded messages just disappear from mail app - tried...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows 10 mail not recognising a second language chosen in Gmail