Windows 10: Two buttons on keyboard always show same output

Discus and support Two buttons on keyboard always show same output in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I installed a keyboard layout for svorak swedish version of dvorak and after removing the keyboard layout from language settings my q and å buttons... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by thopet410, Sep 2, 2020.

1. thopet410 Win User

Two buttons on keyboard always show same output

I installed a keyboard layout for svorak swedish version of dvorak and after removing the keyboard layout from language settings my q and å buttons became synced. They always output the same thing, despite it being two separate buttons on the keyboard.

The issue persists on multiple different physical keyboards, so it shouldn't be a hardware problem.

I've switched between multiple languages and keyboard versions in windows.

I have used Keyboard layout creator 1.4 to assign different things to the buttons, to no avail.

If I switch to Linuxmint, which is installed on another harddrive, it works as normal, so it has to be a Windows issue?

Besides from reinstalling Windows I don't know what to try next.

:)

thopet410, Sep 2, 2020
  2. Jaune Bel Win User

How to fix emoji keyboard not showing up using shortcut

Hi,

This issue is often caused by a corrupted or missing data file. To better isolate if this is a user profile specific or an emerging issue, we suggest that you create a new user profile and try to use the same keyboard shortcut to get the emoji keyboard to
    show up. Here's the link for the steps on how to:
    Set up accounts

In the meantime, we'll give you the steps for a workaround to access the emojis. Here are the steps:

• Right-click on the Taskbar.
    • Select the Show touch keyboard button option and a keyboard icon will show up on your
      Taskbar.
    • Click the keyboard icon and select the emoji button.

Let us know how it goes and we'll assist you further if needed.

Jaune Bel, Sep 2, 2020
  3. omidsolo Win User
    Disable Show touch keyboard button

Actually it's not covered in the mentioned thread at all.
    It's sort of covered in another thread below but in some other way:

Hide or Show Touch Keyboard Button on Taskbar in Windows 10 | Windows 10 Tutorials

This one Check or Uncheck the "Show Touch Keyboard Button" but I want to disable (gray out) this button so impossible to click it or change it.
    Please advise.
    Cheers.

omidsolo, Sep 2, 2020
  4. Two buttons on keyboard always show same output

Windows 10 touch keyboard has stopped appearing

Hi,

Thank you for contacting Microsoft community.

A quick question before we proceed:

What is the KB number of the update you have installed?

To know the KB numbers of the failing updates, follow the below steps:

• In the search box, type Update, and then, in the list of results, click Windows Update.
      • In the left pane, click View update history.

I suggest you to follow the methods below and check if it helps:

Method 1:

I suggest you to follow the steps provided below to enable touch keyboard when there is no keyboard attached to the device.

• Press the Windows key
      or click on Start icon.

• Click on Settings.

• Click on Devices.
    • Click on Typing.
    • Scroll down and toggle on: Automatically show the touch keyboard in windowed apps when there's no keyboard attached
      to your device.

Method 2:

Follow the below steps and check if it helps.

1. Right click on the Task bar and select Show Touch Keyboard Button.

2. Open the Keyboard and close it (just to check if it’s working).

2. Next click on Action center and select Tablet Mode.

3. Once you are in Tablet mode, again Right click on the Task bar and select Show Touch Keyboard Button.

5. Open the Key board and check if it’s working in Tablet mode. Next check if it’s available on the task bar in both desktop and tablet mode.

Hope this helps. If the issue remains unresolved, please get back to us and we would be happy to help.

Anju Thekkethil, Sep 2, 2020
Thema:

Two buttons on keyboard always show same output

1. Two buttons on keyboard always show same output - Similar Threads - buttons keyboard always

2. My keyboard button ~two~ is not working.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My keyboard button ~two~ is not working.: I m trying to type two but is not working.the thing that i don t understand is that i can type @ with the help of the button shift. does anyone know how to resolve this problem because it s very annoying....
  3. My keyboard button ~two~ is not working.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    My keyboard button ~two~ is not working.: I m trying to type two but is not working.the thing that i don t understand is that i can type @ with the help of the button shift. does anyone know how to resolve this problem because it s very annoying....
  4. My keyboard button ~two~ is not working.

in Windows 10 Gaming
  5. Showing two same drives in disk management

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Showing two same drives in disk management: I was trying to download manjaro linux in my windows 10 having bios/mbr , since it supports 4 drives only I tried to merge the unlocatted drive but after I did so, while entering to disk management it's showing two same E drives with same capacity, used and free space....
  6. Showing two same drives in disk management

in Windows 10 Customization
    Showing two same drives in disk management: I was trying to download manjaro linux in my windows 10 having bios/mbr , since it supports 4 drives only I tried to merge the unlocatted drive but after I did so, while entering to disk management it's showing two same E drives with same capacity, used and free space....
  7. Is it possible to output the same audio to two different bluetooth headphones?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Is it possible to output the same audio to two different bluetooth headphones?: Me and my GF are going on a flight tomorrow and I've downloaded shows to watch on my laptop. We both have wireless earbuds we'd like to use, since they're really easy to transport and both do a decent job of blocking out noise. I'm trying to figure out some way for both of us...
  8. Same wifi showing with two names.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Same wifi showing with two names.: [ATTACH] So Windows 10 (latest build) has been showing me my router with two names since quite a long time. I've tried to reset, run troubleshoot and remove it via cmd to no avail. It sometimes switches between itself which causes issues while gaming, etc. Please help me get...
  9. How do I make two monitors show the same desktop files and have the same taskbar buttons?

How do I make two monitors show the same desktop files and have the same taskbar buttons?: I just got a second monitor for my computer but the secondary monitor doesn't have the desktop files, such as my program shortcuts. It also doesn't have the same taskbar buttons, such as minimize all. I don't want one monitor to have these, I want both to have the desktop...
  10. Two PC's showing same background

Two PC's showing same background: Hi all, Apologies, my title doesn't really explain my issue very well - I have recently upgraded to Windows 10 on my main work PC and for the desktop background I have a slideshow and I have the taskbar showing. I have an HTPC in the lounge which is running on Windows 8.1...