Windows 10: Two Computer Logins With One Microsoft Account

Discus and support Two Computer Logins With One Microsoft Account in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I have a computer with two logins: one for me, and one for other users. The one for other users is a local account, and the other is signed in with a... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by LegoBuilder26, May 1, 2020.

1. Two Computer Logins With One Microsoft Account

I have a computer with two logins: one for me, and one for other users. The one for other users is a local account, and the other is signed in with a Microsoft account. However, I signed in to my Microsoft account on the local account and cannot remove it via Settings, Accounts, Email and Accounts. Now it is syncing all of my settings on my Microsoft account to the local account. Any help is appreciated!

:)

LegoBuilder26, May 1, 2020

2. MICROSOFT ACCOUNT LOGIN

Hi Arbaaz,

Thank you for contacting Microsoft Community.

In order to help you better, could you please confirm a couple of things:

• Are you able to login with Microsoft account in web?
    • What happens exactly when you try to login using Microsoft account?
    I suggest you to login to Microsoft account through online login.live.com, if you are able to login to Microsoft account on web then you can reset the password and then try to login and check if the issue persists.

Hope this information was helpful and do let us know if you need further assistance. We will be glad to assist.

Karthicka_R, May 1, 2020
  3. Arun B J Win User
    Can't login to new computer w/Windows 10

Hi,

Thank you for your reply.

• Are you able to login to Microsoft Account on Web?

• Have you installed any language pack?
    I suggest you to follow the steps below and check if it helps.

Step 1: I suggest you to select the appropriate language in login screen at the bottom right corner and check if it helps.

Steps 2: Use On-screen keyboard in the login screen to login and check if it helps.

Hope this helps. If the issue remains unresolved, please get back to us and we would be happy to help.

Arun B J, May 1, 2020
  4. Two Computer Logins With One Microsoft Account

Random account appeared on login to my computer

Hi Mathew,

Thank you for getting back to us.

I suggest you to try the below steps to remove the user account from your computer.

• Login to your computer through administrator account.

• Press Windows key + r and type
      netplwiz
      , hit Enter.

• Select the user account, you want to remove.

• Click on the Remove button.

Hope it helps, reply to us with the status of your issue. We will be happy to assist you.

Rakesh Narayanaswamy, May 1, 2020
Thema:

Two Computer Logins With One Microsoft Account

1. Two Computer Logins With One Microsoft Account - Similar Threads - Computer Logins Microsoft

2. Removing Microsoft Account from One of Two Computers

in Windows 10 Customization
    Removing Microsoft Account from One of Two Computers: I have given my old laptop to my husband and set up a Microsoft Account/Profile for him for use on that laptop. Can I now safely remove my Microsoft Account from that laptop without it being deleted on my laptop? In other words, will removing an account from one computer...
  3. MineCraft - One Computer - Two Accounts

in Windows 10 Gaming
    MineCraft - One Computer - Two Accounts: Dear All Hope you can help. I purchased MineCraft Java for my son. It is installed on my computer. On my computer there are two accounts logins, my account and my son's account. We alway have to log out of my sign-in and sign back in as him to let him play. Can can...
  4. Login to Windows 10 on two computers using same Microsoft account login.

Login to Windows 10 on two computers using same Microsoft account login.: I have a Windows 10 laptop that I log into with my Microsoft account. I am about to start using another Windows 10 laptop and wanted to know if I can also login to that computer with the same Microsoft account? If I do, will my OneDrive backup be overwrite my current laptop...
  5. One Microsoft account, two PCs?

One Microsoft account, two PCs?: Let's say someone knows my Microsoft account data and logs in with my account on another PC kilometers away from mine. Will I receive a notification about this activity? Can the person change something in my PC settings (e.g. admin rights, account type on my PC)? Ein...
  6. Two Microsoft Accounts, One Email

Two Microsoft Accounts, One Email: I appear to have two Microsoft Accounts linked to the same email address. One is the account I set up myself using my work email address. The other appears to be an account that my IT Department has set up using my email address. Is there a way to combine these or any...
  7. Microsoft account shows two computers instead of one.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Microsoft account shows two computers instead of one.: I was in my Microsoft account tonight and realized there are two computers plus my laptop listed as devices instead of just one PC and laptop. The one with the same serial number as mine doesn't have the latest Windows update. The other, with a different serial number and...
  8. Microsoft Account - 2 computers - login fails on one

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Microsoft Account - 2 computers - login fails on one: I tried to set up 2 computers with Microsoft Account for the first time. I (probably stupidly) had them side by side and entered the exact same password and password hint on both. Note that at that point I had not created any flash drive recovery. I then restarted both...
  9. Microsoft Account - 2 computers - login fails on one

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Microsoft Account - 2 computers - login fails on one: I have 2 computers. I have just now set up Microsoft Login on both. I did them side-by-side and at the same time (and that may have been my mistake!) I used the exact same login name, password and password hint on both. I restarted both at about the same time. Now I can...
  10. Two Windows 10 Computers on one Microsoft Account

Two Windows 10 Computers on one Microsoft Account: I have two computers (desktop and laptop). Both are running Windows 10, but when I check my Microsoft account only the laptop appears in my list of devices. I use the same Microsoft account on both devices. I even logged into my Microsoft account from the desktop and it...