Windows 10: Two computer network connected through Comcast cable box

Discus and support Two computer network connected through Comcast cable box in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Our two computers just received a Microsoft update and since the update I cannot connect my two computers through our cable network box. This has... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by ChrisH12t, Nov 13, 2020.

1. ChrisH12t Win User

Two computer network connected through Comcast cable box

Our two computers just received a Microsoft update and since the update I cannot connect my two computers through our cable network box. This has worked for the whole year until just now. My computers cannot recognize the other computer that is connected anymore but both computers are able to connect to the cable internet service to get online. I don't see why the cable box would change so why did the Microsoft update take away my connection?

:)

ChrisH12t, Nov 13, 2020
  2. Batou1986 Win User

Comcast HD cable box alternative?

There are no alternatives but to rent there box.
    Ive never heard of them giving out cable cards or letting you rent them either, AFAIK no one at comcast knows what a cable card is even tho they are clearly visible inside there boxes.

Batou1986, Nov 13, 2020
  3. topgundcp Win User
    Connecting computer with no internet connection to network printer

@dk1971
    1. Open Admin command and type: ipconfig

Two computer network connected through Comcast cable box [​IMG]
    2. Win+X->Control Panel->Netwok and Sharing Center
      Follow the screen shot. This should disable internet access from this PC but allows access to local device(s)
      NOTE: Use the IP & Subnet Mask from step 1. Leave Default gateway & DNS Server blank

Two computer network connected through Comcast cable box [​IMG]

topgundcp, Nov 13, 2020
  4. Two computer network connected through Comcast cable box

Comcast HD cable box alternative?

Short and sweet, more detail provided as needed:

Is there any alternative to using the Comcast-issued HD cable box?

One reason I'm interested is so that I don't have to pay the $10 a month extra (maybe), but moreover because I've found using the coaxial from the digital adapter gives me an awful picture on my TV.

It's a Samsung UN26EH4000. When it's connected to the coaxial, I get a lot of ghosting and something else I don't know the technical term for; it's especially noticeable on words, such as on the channel pop-up, where a letter may have a trail of itself 5 times over, with each becoming progressively fainter.

When connected to component, these issues largely disappear.

So anyway, any details on this stuff and an HD cable box alternative are greatly appreciated (not as short and sweet as I thought)!

OnePostWonder, Nov 13, 2020
Thema:

Two computer network connected through Comcast cable box

1. Two computer network connected through Comcast cable box - Similar Threads - computer network connected

2. connecting two computers on the same home network

in Windows 10 Gaming
    connecting two computers on the same home network: i have a windows 11 computer and a Windows 10 computer . the win10 computer has four external drives attached to it. i would like to be able to sit at my win11 computer and browse and edit the files on the exernal drives connected to my win10 computer , and also the "D" drive...
  3. connecting two computers on the same home network

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    connecting two computers on the same home network: i have a windows 11 computer and a Windows 10 computer . the win10 computer has four external drives attached to it. i would like to be able to sit at my win11 computer and browse and edit the files on the exernal drives connected to my win10 computer , and also the "D" drive...
  4. connecting two computers on the same home network

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. Can't connect two computers on same network

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't connect two computers on same network: Hello.Ever since Microsoft in its ever infinite wisdom, because they think they know what we want got rid of the HOME NETWORK or whatever it was called, and was extremely easy to use, I haven't been able to connect my two computers on the same network. I've tried all the...
  6. Connecting two computers mini network

Connecting two computers mini network: Earlier this year I bought a new Windows 10 computer to replace my 4 year old windows 7. Almost all of my important info/data is on external HD I use the computer hard drive almost exclusively for programs. I realized today that there actually is a couple folders of info on...
  7. Connecting two computers using an Ethernet cable and getting "unidentified network" on both...

Connecting two computers using an Ethernet cable and getting "unidentified network" on both...: So I'm trying to set up a server pc in my roomwhich is far away from the router. One of the pcs in my room has a wireless adapter and the other doesn't, so I try to share the network over an ethernet cable. The pcs are detecting each other, but giving "unidentified network"...
  8. Connecting Two Windows 10 Computers with a Crossover Cable

Connecting Two Windows 10 Computers with a Crossover Cable: I am try to connect two Windows 10/64 workstations via a Crossover Cable to share files. On system 1, I have set IPv4 IP to 192.168.0.1 with subnet mask of 255.255.255.0 I keep trying to set the Default Gateway to 192.168.0.1 and the Preferred DNS server to 192.168.0.1....
  9. How to connect two computers on a home network?

How to connect two computers on a home network?: I have a Win7 PC and a Win10 laptop. They are successfully connected to the same router (PC is wired, laptop is wifi). They are on the same Homegroup, which is set as a private network on both. File sharing is turned on for both in every way imaginable. However... The...
  10. Connect two computers with ethernet cable

Connect two computers with ethernet cable: I am trying to transfer files between two Windows 10 laptops using an ethernet cable to network them. I have a new crossover ethernet cable, which I attached to both computers. Both now show Ethernet Network 2, but they are not talking to each other. I followed the...